Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

John Ralph on fox footy said Kozzy going nowhere. Has his partner and baby and his sister in Melbourne. Always a little homesick but staying at the dees.
Is that news or is that Ralphy freeing up Freo's assets for Bolton and Baker?

I doubt the Dockers have the salary cap space to get both Bolton and Pickett. Bolton is reportedly on over $1m per season and Kossie would be on $750k. And the Dockers already have several long-term contracts, which may indicate they are already backloading their cap.

The Dees definitely want to keep Kossie, and while we may do a deal due to his family situation, I don't think we will be easily satisfied in a trade because we think he is such a good player.
Originally I thought so too but we have been strategically signing players on longer term deals to keep the $ per year down

We have also been willing to offload players rather than overpay to keep them around

We would likely be extending the deals of players coming in to spread their salary longer, this with a cap uplift has put us in a decent position.

If Hawks can bring in Battle on a reported 900k-mil this year then I think we are fine, we don't have anyone of that standard taking up that much cap space

In other words, Kozzy has been forced to stay where he is without being listened to yet again by Melbourne. Guaranteed he wanted to go but this is Melbourne for you.
I do think that club is living in absolute lalaland thinking they can win another flag with this group and missed a trick holding Trac in particular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly think this might come around every year for him, his partner is from WA
and he has family here in WA as well as family in SA
So think he might end up being like Wirra at WCE who every year wanted to be trade back to Vic
due to home sickness
But ended up staying

I do think that club is living in absolute lalaland thinking they can win another flag with this group and missed a trick holding Trac in particular.

Well who knows? Anything is possible.

But listening to stuff relating Melbourne, whether Gary Lyons, Goodwin, etc etc.. they sound like pricks and corrupt ones at that. Unbelievable IMO how ANB can be blessed to leave for family reasons, whilst they are very personal family ones and fair enough but, it should be understandable for others, example being Kozzy as it is realistically family reasons. They keep saying home sick which IMO is a slap in his face and garbage. Jon Ralph legit stated there isn't many indigenous at the club and not really home for him so how can they just shrug it off?

Kozzy needs to sack his manager & get a better one that cares about him and not the club.

Honestly think this might come around every year for him, his partner is from WA
So think he might end up being like Wirra at WCE who every year wanted to be trade back to Vic
due to home sickness
But ended up staying
His partner is from NT.

due to home sickness
But ended up staying
I think his partner is from Darwin?

Missed a trick holding onto Oliver last year, but don't agree on Trac. Realistically Trac & Kozzy are about the only flair we have that can shine through our garbage #contestdefence gameplan. Plenty of us would've been happy with the whole place falling apart to force significant changes, but for now I love that Trac is still a demon.

Clearly some serious communication problems at the club and a heap of people with their heads up their own arses. Something will have to give there, either we implode or make changes, can't carry on pretending everything's fine like this.

Still, Kozzy's talked up his love for the place plenty and seems to have good support around him in Melbourne. Someone runs with the Kozzy move story every year and Melbourne's terrible at dealing with anything media/comms related so it's an easy one.

He just turned 23. I know you desperately wanted him, but holding onto a guy that young is hardly 'missing a trick', to be fair.

He's young, still has enormous upside and is one of the few players that makes watching Melbourne's drudgery worth it. One of those guys whose value isn't simply replaced by a nice draft pick.

He just turned 23. I know you desperately wanted him, but holding onto a guy that young is hardly 'missing a trick', to be fair.

He's young, still has enormous upside and is one of the few players that makes watching Melbourne's drudgery worth it. One of those guys whose value isn't simply replaced by a nice draft pick.
I said Trac specifically. I can understand holding Pickett almost short of him saying I need to go for my well-being.

Like I said before, he's in everyone's age bracket

I said Trac specifically. I can understand holding Pickett almost short of him saying I need to go for my well-being.

Like I said before, he's in everyone's age bracket
I mean with Trac he only wanted to move to one of two clubs who both told him it was basically impossible. If Petracca was open to going to North I think it would have gone a bit further. At this stage we'd probably get more from his preferred clubs by waiting a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back