Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean with Trac he only wanted to move to one of two clubs who both told him it was basically impossible. If Petracca was open to going to North I think it would have gone a bit further. At this stage we'd probably get more from his preferred clubs by waiting a year.
I'd like to know the full story with the Blues. I wonder if it was more a cap problem than pick problem. I think they could give pretty good value for a soon to be 29 year old in capital but squeezing up to $1.7m in is a different problem

A few getting their nose out of joint here. Every year Kozzy gets labeled homesick. He also loves the City and the Dees. Almost no doubt he leaves at some stage. But I don’t think the Dees are holding him against his will.

I'd like to know the full story with the Blues. I wonder if it was more a cap problem than pick problem. I think they could give pretty good value for a soon to be 29 year old in capital but squeezing up to $1.7m in is a different problem
I expect that was the case too. Only way it was going to work is by giving up McKay which was never going to happen.

Was an incredibly ballsy move from Petracca's camp to try and sort this out within a couple of months and very specific needs. Everything about this saga has been weird.

Well it did certainly take the focus off not making finals and stopped a fan uproar
200.gif

Port fans have left the building with their tails between their legs.

Is this the bit where Freo fans join Port fans outside the building ?

Is this the bit where Freo fans join Port fans outside the building ?
We’ve been nervously pacing up and down the stairs. Watching the auto doors open. walking away.

There was no way something this good could have been real, let’s be honest.

I wonder if Kozzy might be able to change Shai's mind about leaving
would be great to keep him
I see you've inhaled some of the good copium we have burning on the Freo board at the moment. Breath it in, it's good stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was too good to be true

Oh well at least it was over in 29 pages

The Jackson and Cerra threads were like hundreds of pages for Freo tragics

Now back to Bolton and Baker 😁

When I read the tweet he wanted to join Shai at Freo I spent all afternoon on here and woke up at 2am with my brain kicking into gear and couldn't get back to sleep for hours while thinking about the future that lies ahead.

And now I'm left with that usual feeling of oh well what could have been feeling I always get from Freo

**** you for getting my hopes up Rhino
Totally cringe how much freo fans were frothing over him. And they all got so far ahead of themselves. Pickett was never going to go. Goodwin rates him as high as just about anyone else in our team. He's a true match winner and he changes the entire feeling of a game with his pressure and speed. As I said, he's worth more in a trade than Petracca due to being 6 years younger and playing a more scarce position so unless you had picks coming out of your ears it was never going to get through.

And then Serong unashamedly talking about contracted players in an interview.

A few getting their nose out of joint here. Every year Kozzy gets labeled homesick. He also loves the City and the Dees. Almost no doubt he leaves at some stage. But I don’t think the Dees are holding him against his will.
He doesn't love the city. This has been on record many times.

He has a great deal of love for the footy club and Goodwin.

Ralph:
“Kozzy Pickett is driving back to Darwin as we speak. He’ll stop in at Adelaide and speak to his manager Peter Rohde ... he’s going nowhere,” Ralph said on Fox Footy’s On the Couch.

“He’s a bit homesick, as he always is. His younger sister lives in Melbourne, he’s there with his partner and young child.

“Ideally he’d love to have more Indigenous teammates and he doesn’t really have a home ... but he won’t be going anywhere.”

Blink twice if you want out Kozz, we'll save you

Dees won't let him go. Pert probably still thinks the culture is the best it's ever been.
"Pickett is going nowhere. He has no home, no friends, dreams of playing near family, but going absolutely nowhere"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Kysaiah Pickett [RFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back