Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of low hanging fruit - the motto, the co-captains, reinforcing the creed, not having Koch or Ken around anymore.
The next person running for the board could literally just send in a pic of them in a prison bars Guernsey with the #1 on it and write "vote for me ****ers".

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like to point out as well that for all the making community proud work, Port actually stopped funding the yearly combined footy game played between Broken Hill and Roxby Downs.

Actually they never funded it in the first place, we were just allowed a meal at Alberton and a spot for the curtain raiser. The local leagues covered everything else. This year it was played on Roxby with no affiliation to Port anymore.

Seems like a strange move to make, I guess that was the only thing that had to go to make way for other stuff. Something something groups of people that do contain but isn't strictly restricted to those demographics not warranting an experience to play footy at a world class stadium and get an AFL experience that many will cherish for the rest of their lives

Last edited:
The tackles to clanger stat is more damning and surprising than the others. What even is the point of all that defensive pressure if we aren't even forcing mistakes? Actually forcing the LEAST mistakes of any club?

I'm not even mad or disappointed. Just perplexed!

Thats because Interstater has done some shitty number fudging there. We're 18th for LEAST Opposition Clangers. That means Port cause more opposition clangers than any other team.

Just some rewriting

This should actually be
Ranked 2nd in Tackles Per Game
Ranked 1st in Opposition Clangers Per Game.

This stat combo is actually a good result. We put on the second most tackles, and cause the opponents to give up the ball more than anyone else.

Everything else is still ****ed though.

Yeah that tackle/clanger stat makes more sense.

We’re executing our coach’s plan fine, its just that its a shitty workery hardery focused plan (like Richardson’s) that completely sucks at the important part of football: creating delivery of the football through the goals

We’re executing our coach’s plan fine, its just that its a ****ty workery hardery focused plan (like Richardson’s) that completely sucks at the important part of football: creating delivery of the football through the goals
Hence why we are 3rd for clangers, and accordingly 9th for turnover differential.

The next person running for the board could literally just send in a pic of them in a prison bars Guernsey with the #1 on it and write "vote for me ******s".
The AFL can veto any member "elected" board member.

Thats because Interstater has done some ****ty number fudging there. We're 18th for LEAST Opposition Clangers. That means Port cause more opposition clangers than any other team.

Just some rewriting

This should actually be
Ranked 2nd in Tackles Per Game
Ranked 1st in Opposition Clangers Per Game.

This stat combo is actually a good result. We put on the second most tackles, and cause the opponents to give up the ball more than anyone else.

Everything else is still ****** though.
Apologies, i’m home sick at the moment and have some cognitive dulling. I’ll shut up now. Thank you for pointing that out.

We’re executing our coach’s plan fine, its just that its a ****ty workery hardery focused plan (like Richardson’s) that completely sucks at the important part of football: creating delivery of the football through the goals

Yep, and here we are in the 5th consecutive year that scoring against decent opposition has been a problem.

During that time we've had names like Schulz, Gray, Wingard, Dixon, Monfries and Boak playing in that forward line.

Every year we've been told they've figured out what the problem is and that it'll be fixed. Every year we've been told that it's just out of form players and bad luck.

I'd like to point out as well that for all the making community proud work, Port actually stopped funding the yearly combined footy game played between Broken Hill and Roxby Downs.

Actually they never funded it in the first place, we were just allowed a meal at Alberton and a spot for the curtain raiser. The local leagues covered everything else.

Seems like a strange move to make, I guess that was the only thing that had to go to make way for other stuff.

Sucks to be Jordan Johns....

You don't suppose Port might change NTUA to Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again?

Just want to see how the Behavioural Awareness Officers react when 40,000 people sing the chorus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next person running for the board could literally just send in a pic of them in a prison bars Guernsey with the #1 on it and write "vote for me ******s".

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

So how many of you sang "bring back the bars" at the end of NTUA instead of "tear us apart"?

Good to see also the big screens showed pics of supporters wearing the PB's now and again. Though they may not have shown on the TV I guess.:huh:

Power fire-starter Duursma closes on new deal

Having set Port Adelaide on their way to what could prove a season-defining win over top side Geelong, first-round draft pick Xavier Duursma is close to finalising an extension on his two-year deal as discussions to lock in fellow young guns Zak Butters and Connor Rozee also progress.

Duursma, the 18-year-old Victorian drafted from Gipplsand Power at pick 18 last year, exploded out of the blocks against the Cats with 10 disposals in the first quarter as the Power took the initiative after making the bold selection call to drop Paddy Ryder, Sam Powell-Pepper and Justin Westhoff.

Duursma is one of Port's three first-round picks to set the competition alight in their first season.
Butters, who played for the Western Jets and graduated from the Maribyrnong Academy, playing all bar one game despite having a shoulder operation in his draft year, while Rising Star chance Rozee has been a sensation, his explosive performances uncommon for a first-year player.

There has been speculation that Port Adelaide wanted to announce the re-signing of the three players simultaneously, however negotiations are understood to remain ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back