Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know for sure that would have eventuated.

He was adamant he was going if Jack stayed, it was just a question of whether it was to Carlton or Collingwood.

Collingwood originally had pick #3 (traded to the Swans for Licuria) and Carlton had pick #6 (Murray Vance).

Port had #5 (received from BL in exchange for Heuskes: M. Stevens) and #7 (Carr) so the potential packaging and on-trading could’ve resulted in fireworks, especially as the best SA talent in the draft was Nic Fosdike (eh) and Ryan Fitzgerald (huge potential but made Bowen Lockwood resemble Cal Ripken Jr).

Whether Bucky and Geof Motley could’ve brokered a last minute peace deal between WGT and Jack is up for debate, but we’ll never know.

He was adamant he was going if Jack stayed, it was just a question of whether it was to Carlton or Collingwood.

Collingwood originally had pick #3 (traded to the Swans for Licuria) and Carlton had pick #6 (Murray Vance).

Port had #5 (received from BL in exchange for Heuskes: M. Stevens) and #7 (Carr) so the potential packaging and on-trading could’ve resulted in fireworks, especially as the best SA talent in the draft was Nic Fosdike (eh) and Ryan Fitzgerald (huge potential but made Bowen Lockwood resemble Cal Ripken Jr).

Whether Bucky and Geof Motley could’ve brokered a last minute peace deal between WGT and Jack is up for debate, but we’ll never know.
I'll take your word on it as I don't know your source/s but I've always kept a keen eye on all things Port and can recall from Tredrea interviews that he wasn't feeling the love from Jack and it had mainly to do with Jack wanting Tredders to pull his finger out because he thought he was coasting.

I'll take your word on it as I don't know your source/s but I've always kept a keen eye on all things Port and can recall from Tredrea interviews that he wasn't feeling the love from Jack and it had mainly to do with Jack wanting Tredders to pull his finger out because he thought he was coasting.
Read what Tredders said in his Australian Football Hall of Fame speech when he was inducted in June 2014. There is a lot more than the quoted bit

...... And then Tredrea almost walked out to any of Collingwood, Carlton and Sydney simply because he was growing beyond suburban dreams to be a true professional in the AFL ... and Port Adelaide was not.
“History says I tried to leave when I did not think I was going to get the opportunities at Port Adelaide,” Tredrea said ........

Apart from him mentioning it intermittently in public, he also mentioned it at his Testimonial. Had meetings with Eddie McGuire, so it was getting quite advanced.

I thought Rocca was a better CHF ?

Surprise, surprise Collingwood supporters are idiots

Collingwood fans, similar to Adelaide fans, tended to underrate him because Prestigiacomo would often get a hold of him amidst the team’s wider struggles against the Pies as a whole.

The weird one is the subset of Essendon fans who scoff at Tredders, despite the fact he was BOG against them at least 6 or 7 times, let alone the occasions such as his 200th where he kicked 4 on one leg.

The weird one is the subset of Essendon fans who scoff at Tredders, despite the fact he was BOG against them at least 6 or 7 times, let alone the occasions such as his 200th where he kicked 4 on one leg.
Essendon fans are one of the most myopic and defensive about the quality of their list in the league. They couldn't accept Tredrea was in another league then Lucas, so because Lucas was average Tredrea must have been. And discount all evidence to the contrary.

Apart from him mentioning it intermittently in public, he also mentioned it at his Testimonial. Had meetings with Eddie McGuire, so it was getting quite advanced.

Mentioned having a meeting with them in his parents house on Open Mike, too.

Mentioned having a meeting with them in his parents house on Open Mike, too.

That’s right. Such a frustrating interview overall.

“I think we undersold you a bit over here, Warren” (dominated the undisputed best of the best in the national competition for 5 years, was good to serviceable for a further 3-4).

Mike interviews a random Carlton guy from the 70’s in breathless tones as if he’s dining with the Queen.

That’s right. Such a frustrating interview overall.

“I think we undersold you a bit over here, Warren” (dominated the undisputed best of the best in the national competition for 5 years, was good to serviceable for a further 3-4).

Mike interviews a random Carlton guy from the 70’s in breathless tones as if he’s dining with the Queen.

Also accused him of being arrogant because of two goal celebrations - the bow and the telephone. I mean, really? Compared to the way players these days carry on it doesn't even compare.
Then there was the claim he was considered nerdy because he prepared himself like a professional, was a family man and didn't hit the piss like other guys of the same era. Just crazy really, you can't imagine Saint Nick being asked questions like that, it just reinforced the idea that Warren had very little profile outside of South Australia.

Sheehan really jumped the shark though when he asked Gavin which of his former clubs he has more of a soft spot for and saying something along the lines of "i know which one it is but you won't say," implying that Wangas is still an Essendon guy at heart. Vic media at its worst.

Collingwood fans, similar to Adelaide fans, tended to underrate him because Prestigiacomo would often get a hold of him amidst the team’s wider struggles against the Pies as a whole.

When we had our first ever finals win in 2002 playing against Essendon, Warren climbed out of his sick bed for 21 disposals, 12 contested possessions, 10 marks and 2.2

Read what Tredders said in his Australian Football Hall of Fame speech when he was inducted in June 2014. There is a lot more than the quoted bit

...... And then Tredrea almost walked out to any of Collingwood, Carlton and Sydney simply because he was growing beyond suburban dreams to be a true professional in the AFL ... and Port Adelaide was not.
“History says I tried to leave when I did not think I was going to get the opportunities at Port Adelaide,” Tredrea said ........
So mainly because he thought we were unprofessional under Jack? Regarding the quote from Williams that encouraged him to stay, I thought he was playing as a key forward under Jack by '98 when he had his breakout game against Carlton before getting injured. Any idiot would have thought it was "his to lose" after that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we had our first ever finals win in 2002 playing against Essendon, Warren climbed out of his sick bed for 21 disposals, 12 contested possessions, 10 marks and 2.2
Nah that was the next year in 2003 v Essendon in the pouring rain. 2002 I sat in the outer it was good weather. In 2003 my cousin got me into the members and I was dry. Also Wilbur played finals games in 2003 after missing 2001 and 2002 finals. Remember he hit Tredders on the chest in the pouring rain with a 40m bullet pass.

Tredders kicked 3.2 from 19 disposals with the long sleeves on.

Bloody idiot Choco the next week against Collingwood in the PF at the MCG, said ok Tredders has probably recovered, so after 30 seconds tells Chad to play lose across HBF and Tredders has to try and beat Prestigiacomo and Jason Cloke by himself. He had no chance and we got smashed. Went to the MCG and after 30 seconds was pissed off as I knew we weren't going to win and would miss the GF.

I liked it when Wayne Carey was doing his best modern KPF, the top 4 were Tredrea, Riewoldt, Brown, and Franklin.

It was a good read when they got to Brown and it was a bit short and silent... his list of accolades definitely the thinnest of the bunch.

It will be like when Tex inevitably gets in to the camrys HOF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah that was the next year in 2003 v Essendon in the pouring rain. 2002 I sat in the outer it was good weather. In 2003 my cousin got me into the members and I was dry. Also Wilbur played finals games in 2003 after missing 2001 and 2002 finals. Remember he hit Tredders on the chest in the pouring rain with a 40m bullet pass.

Bloody idiot Choco the next week against Collingwood in the PF at the MCG, said ok Tredders has probably recovered, so after 30 seconds tells Chad to play lose across HBF and Tredders has to try and beat Prestigiacomo and Jason Cloke by himself. He had no chance and we got smashed. Went to the MCG and after 30 seconds was pissed off as I knew we weren't going to win and would miss the GF.

Fair enough although the stats were right for 2002 and he did own Essendon in finals.

Didn’t Choco also put all our usual starting midfielders in unaccustomed positions like Footy Record seller, usher and Eddie McGuires fluffer?

Didn’t Choco also put all our usual starting midfielders in unaccustomed positions like Footy Record seller, usher and Eddie McGuires fluffer?

lol ken does the same. All players are half backs unless he decides they aren't.

I liked it when Wayne Carey was doing his best modern KPF, the top 4 were Tredrea, Riewoldt, Brown, and Franklin.

It was a good read when they got to Brown and it was a bit short and silent... his list of accolades definitely the thinnest of the bunch.

It will be like when Tex inevitably gets in to the camrys HOF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iuytr.jpg ytrew.jpg

ytrew-jpg.700090
All-Australian line up as selected by Cameron Ling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back