Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you book into the club for lunch that day and make it a big celebration? Then watch the game - can be a good atmosphere in there when there's a good crowd

edit - presuming you are actually interstate - maybe there are other family members to do this for him

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be trying to do this.

He is however a stubborn bastard, he is likely to get the shits on when he finds out its not live, go to Sotos and grab fish and chips, hang around Semaphore for the day and then go home and watch it delayed. Both my father and mother always hung around Semaphore as kids and one of my biggest wins with him was mentioning Sotos, they go at least once a month.

And btw I'm in Adelaide, Interstater just means I'm not a Victorian.
If this competition ever becomes truly national rather than a vic-centric circle jerk then I'll change my bigfooty name.

Our three games that will not be shown live on TV on Channel 7 in 2020:

Round 7 - Adelaide Oval, Saturday May 2nd, 4:05pm

Port Adelaide will get another opportunity to celebrate its rich history when it faces Carlton at Adelaide Oval in Round 7.
The club will be celebrating its 150th birthday against the Blues - the team it defeated to be named the 1914 Champions of Australia - by wearing its first-ever guernsey. Port Adelaide will don the light blue and white hoops for the clash.

Bad luck if you can't make it to the game, you won't be watching our birthday game live.

Round 18 - SCG, July 18th, 4:05pm

Note the location of the game.

Round 22 - Mars, August 15th, 1:15pm

Again note the location of the game.

This one breaks my heart.
My father turns 80 that day, and he would love nothing more than to watch this game live.
For health reasons he doesn't attend games and of course he wouldn't be going to Ballarat in mid-August.

fu** you AFL.
What?!

That picture of REH's shows it was always coming down.
Easy enough to 'make safe' if they wanted to.

It's ugly as hell anyway, but also cool.
From the article on the club's website. Ie we were going to pull it down for the redevelopment, the council has forced us to do it earlier, we will have a temporary one in 2020 (on top of the players training facility would be a good spot), we are struggling to raise funds for the redevelopment, so 2020 will probably turn into 2021, maybe 2022, for that temporary solution.

“We understand the scoreboard is an iconic symbol of Alberton Oval but we have no choice but to have it removed for the safety of staff and patrons as it has been condemned by the council,” said club CEO Keith Thomas.

“A new permanent scoreboard will be included in the club’s redevelopment plans for the broader Alberton Oval precinct.” A temporary scoreboard will be brought in for the 2020 season while a permanent solution is considered.https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/574464/alberton-oval-scoreboard-to-be-demolished

I thought all interstate matches had to be shown live on FTA into Adelaide. Was this a trade off to have our first home showdown broadcast nationally?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Pre 2017-2022 TV deal that was true.

But as part of giving the AFL $2bil cash, the AFL said Foxtel and 7 were allowed to do a deal so that 2 games of all of 4 the WA and SA clubs', interstate games, could still be shown on a 3 hour delay, to entice people to go buy Fox Footy /Foxtel.

I reckon back to when 7 had the sole rights, live has meant near live and a 1/2 hour delay passes as live. but that has been used for home games not away games that I can think of.

I'm just glad to see we are doing something, or atleast preparing to be doing something with that space and alberton in general.

As long as it’s not the Semaphore Soup Kitchen For Wayward Toughs @ Alberton Oval project.

Since the recent TV/multimedia rights deal was signed that’s been the case.

Will still be live on Fox Footy/Kayo (subscription cable/streaming), but delayed on free-to-air.

I thought all interstate matches had to be shown live on FTA into Adelaide. Was this a trade off to have our first home showdown broadcast nationally?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Looks like it is 3 games on delay for the 4 WA and SA clubs during 2017-22 TV deal. 2 away and 1 home game. As I attend home games, I forgot about the home game delay. Although Adelaide got 2 home games and 1 away in 2018.

SOUTH Australian and Western Australian clubs have been told of which games won’t be live on free-to-air TV in 2018. Under the six-year broadcast deal struck by the AFL, Foxtel and Channel Seven that began in 2017, the four teams have three matches shown live on Foxtel and on delay on Channel Seven into their home market.

The Eagles expressed their 'disappointment to have three matches significantly delayed' on Twitter.

For Adelaide, those are: round 12 against Fremantle (Optus Stadium), round 15 against West Coast (Adelaide Oval) and round 22 against North Melbourne (Adelaide Oval).

For Port Adelaide, those are: round three against the Brisbane Lions (Adelaide Oval), round four against Essendon (Etihad Stadium) and round 22 against Collingwood (MCG).

For Fremantle, those are: round three against Gold Coast (Optus Stadium), round four against Greater Western Sydney (UNSW Canberra Oval) and round seven against Richmond (MCG).

For West Coast, those are: round two against the Western Bulldogs (Etihad Stadium), round eight against Greater Western Sydney (Spotless Stadium) and round 22 against Melbourne (Optus Stadium).

West Adelaide can give us the electronic scoreboard on a trailer they paid for with AFL funding from the trial game we played against the crows at Richmond a few years back.

#noAFLintheSANFL

West Adelaide can give us the electronic scoreboard on a trailer they paid for with AFL funding from the trial game we played against the crows at Richmond a few years back.

#noAFLintheSANFL

18FD770C-72A1-4442-8F8A-26B5131F377D.jpeg

You can’t achieve your stated goal of making Richmond Oval the best second-tier Australian Rules stadium in the country without investing in obsolescent technology, fr0d.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 837542

You can’t achieve your stated goal of making Richmond Oval the best second-tier Australian Rules stadium in the country without investing in obsolescent technology, fr0d.

Can't argue with that. They also have the advantage of being located in the middle of a Mad Max dystopian post-technological factory wasteland.

When I went to Thebby for the u23 game I wondered how that ground was relegated to the league football scrapheap (apologies to SAAFL and occasionally AFLW) while Richmond continues to assault my eyes and demean my basic humanity.

Scott Lycetts new flex on Matt Crouch.

Duursma doing the Hulk Hogan taunt.
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back