Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the subject of the scoreboard, when the southern stand at Cronulla's Shark Park was redeveloped, the old 1960s analog time clock I believe was retained. I think it's still there but I haven't been to a game there for a while (and the ground is closed for redevelopment for the next two seasons). My point is, if there is any heritage value in any part of the Alberton board, could it not be stored and incorporated into any redevelopment?

I'm guessing from the comments here this isn't an issue and most are happy for it to go. I know at Cronulla there was a strong sentiment that the fans wanted to keep the old clock.

Another well deserved award to a legend and the only man to deliver an AFL premiership to us.

Congratulations choco!

This photo is made infinitely better by an appearance from Tim Evans.

no love for Milan Faletic's magnificent visage in the background?

Faletic reminds me of Russ Kunkel, drummer for many mega acts in the 70s & 80s

russkunkel.jpg

...although he looks more like the old ABC movie critic guy these days

musician-russ-kunkel-receives-an-award-during-the-rock-godz-hall-of-picture-id1069638878

Where the fu** did the Roberto shit come from?

Is this the work of the REH shit nickname committee?

That's Roberto Paradigm Guns of Navarone to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think RussellEbertHandball is improving. This nickname didn't come with a 6 parapgraph explanation of the derivation and etymology.

#marginalgains
Somebody at the footy used it 2 or 3 years ago after we had been inside 50 about 35 times and finally scored a goal.

It stuck given our kick it to the bloody shit house methodology of going into our forwardline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back