Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

West Coast maybe offering up pick 14 is nuts. He's out of contract. You hold the leverage.

This should be WC's 2nd rounder and eventually Richmond relents and accepts. Throw in pick 65+ if Richmond need to pretend they held out for something valuable.
hey hey hey, you guys going in dry on the dogs dont get to play these games.

West Coast maybe offering up pick 14 is nuts. He's out of contract. You hold the leverage.

This should be WC's 2nd rounder and eventually Richmond relents and accepts. Throw in pick 65+ if Richmond need to pretend they held out for something valuable.

14 is likely to be 16-17 when taken. Most posters have agreed that’s probably about his value, and it’s the pick WC will have available. Pretty straightforward deal IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 is likely to be 16-17 when taken. Most posters have agreed that’s probably about his value, and it’s the pick WC will have available. Pretty straightforward deal IMO.

Except we're turning a premier fullback into a short bloke who 'cracks in', according to Campbell Brown on TR today, when I text in saying the proposed trade was dumb as dogshit.

Wrong there is no need to include 14

When we have-
Pick 23
Hawks F2
WCE F2

Those are the chips that you should play around with

Except we're turning a premier fullback into a short bloke who 'cracks in', according to Campbell Brown on TR today, when I text in saying the proposed trade was dumb as dogshit.
a FB with a ****ed back who is 29

Wrong there is no need to include 14

When we have-
Pick 23
Hawks F2
WCE F2

Those are the chips that you should play around with
dont get upset at us because your club literally came and said he is worth a pick in the teens

The guy's out of contract. West Coast have got him to nominate them. This isn't about paying fair value it's about getting the best deal you can and that means offering what Richmond will eventually accept (after a week's bickering). 23 or whatever it is now is plenty.

The guy's out of contract. West Coast have got him to nominate them. This isn't about paying fair value it's about getting the best deal you can and that means offering what Richmond will eventually accept (after a week's bickering). 26 is plenty.
most clubs in most instances pay fair value, then there is the cats ;)

The guy's out of contract. West Coast have got him to nominate them. This isn't about paying fair value it's about getting the best deal you can and that means offering what Richmond will eventually accept (after a week's bickering). 23 or whatever it is now is plenty.

And yet their team has already said it will be a pick in the teens. Perhaps they’re not into meaningless posturing.

I’m not commenting on the wisdom of these completely unrelated list moves. Just his value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sucks that we're effectively turning Barrass into Baker and change but from the perspective of the club we might be seeing it more as a way to get Baker and not have to include or downgrade pick 3.

It sucks that we're effectively turning Barrass into Baker and change but from the perspective of the club we might be seeing it more as a way to get Baker and not have to include or downgrade pick 3.
yeah, but Baker is short and you dont trade for short players.

Weird take, particularly if the rumours about Wardlaw being unwilling to leave Victoria were true.
If you look at the top 20 picks that year Ginbey is one of the better selections.
He has clearly outperformed Tsatas, Mackenzie, Clark, Hollands, Busslinger, Jefferson, Rowston, Allen and Knostanty in this range and a similar level to Michalanney, Humphrey and Phillipou.
The remaining picks of the draft hasn't yielded any great choices (so far) McMullin has played 17 games, Gallagher has played 19 games, Emmett and Cowan have played 15 games and that's about it.
If Hewett is able to perform at the level we know he is capable of (injuries permitting) it seems like it could work out to be a good trade. Also, pre-draft, Wardlaw was far more prone to injury than Hewett.
Stating that Ginbey has clearly out performed Mackenzie I find amusing. They are practically equal in terms of games played, average disposals, disposal efficiency, metres gained.

And yet their team has already said it will be a pick in the teens. Perhaps they’re not into meaningless posturing.

It seems like they're into meaningfully overpaying.

Credit to Richmond if they convince them to pay up. It's just bizarre.

Baker's a solid player and Smith has some question marks over him but if West Coast pay more for Baker than Geelong pay for Smith they've lost their collective minds.

Stating that Ginbey has clearly out performed Mackenzie I find amusing. They are practically equal in terms of games played, average disposals, disposal efficiency, metres gained.
Ginbey's the 2nd highest ranked player according to his draft/age by the AFL, or something like that. Was a screenshot of it floating around a few weeks ago.

It seems like they're into meaningfully overpaying.

Credit to Richmond if they convince them to pay up. It's just bizarre.

Baker's a solid player and Smith has some question marks over him but if West Coast pay more for Baker than Geelong pay for Smith they've lost their collective minds.

Not really. Most trades are done with reasonable fair value and available picks in mind, contracted or not. The whole screw them over and get a bargain thing seems more prominent on big footy than real life. Just like the (meaningless) threat of us using #1 in the PSD to redraft him if he walks.

I think it's fair to say that he has outperformed Mackenzie to this point and I can assure you I am Mackenzie's biggest fan. I fully expect Mackenzie to be the better player in the long run.
For what its worth I would definitely accept Mackenzie in the trade for Barrass.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back