Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Surely West Coast are not seriously thinking of involving a gun pick 3 for Baker.

Pick 26 is closer to the mark or a future 2nd.

Would be better off walking away from Baker if Richmond want pick 3 involved.
Pick 3 could be split if there is a club that has another pick in the range 6-10 and another 1st rd pick 11-15. Then that 2nd 1st rd pick could be used to trade for Baker + a really late 1st rd pick or really early 2nd round pick. At this stage there is no club that has that.

Pick 3 could be split if there is a club that has another pick in the range 6-10 and another 1st rd pick 11-15. Then that 2nd 1st rd pick could be used to trade for Baker + a really late 1st rd pick or really early 2nd round pick. At this stage there is no club that has that.
I find it incomprehensible that WC value as a first rounder. He doesn't seem elite in any one area and is not a game breaker. He's a nice solid footballer, albeit on the shortish side, with neat skills and by all reports good leadership. As an outsider a contending team giving up a late first/early second makes some sense (although Freo pick 11 is way overs), but why would the rebuilding Eagles give up a mid first???

Genuinely don't get it.

I find it incomprehensible that WC value as a first rounder. He doesn't seem elite in any one area and is not a game breaker. He's a nice solid footballer, albeit on the shortish side, with neat skills and by all reports good leadership. As an outsider a contending team giving up a late first/early second makes some sense (although Freo pick 11 is way overs), but why would the rebuilding Eagles give up a mid first???

Genuinely don't get it.
How are they giving up a mid first for Baker if they get Baker PLUS a late first or a early 2nd back? Then it's simply a few spots downgrade to get Baker

That makes more sense. Didn't understand your original post. I would see a 2nd going back as more like faur value with a mid first
E.g. Eagles trade pick 3 for pick 7 and pick 12 from Carlton (Don't know how Carlton gets pick 7 but it's an example)

Eagles then trade pick 12 to Richmond and Richmond trade WC Liam Baker and pick 18 (from Freo trade of Bolton - again an assumption).

So WC lose pick 3, but gain pick 7, 18 and Liam Baker.

E.g. Eagles trade pick 3 for pick 7 and pick 12 from Carlton (Don't know how Carlton gets pick 7 but it's an example)

Eagles then trade pick 12 to Richmond and Richmond trade WC Liam Baker and pick 18 (from Freo trade of Bolton - again an assumption).

Lol Richmond are NOT giving 18 back in this trade. Far out.

24, mmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe

Lol Richmond are NOT giving 18 back in this trade. Far out.

24, mmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe
I don't think Baker is good enough to be the difference between a pick 12 to pick 24 downgrade, especially as he's out of contract.

So basically Richmond get in 10 & 12 but lose Bolton Baker & 18???

I don't think Baker is good enough to be the difference between a pick 12 to pick 24 downgrade, especially as he's out of contract.
I don't think he's bad enough to be 12 to 18, thats just insulting.

Out of contract Saad went for pick 8.

Now, I don't really rate Saad mega highly, nice player though. I'm not suggesting by any stretch Baker is worth 8, but a 12/18 pick swap is horrendous.

I don't think he's bad enough to be 12 to 18, thats just insulting.

Out of contract Saad went for pick 8.

Now, I don't really rate Saad mega highly, nice player though. I'm not suggesting by any stretch Baker is worth 8, but a 12/18 pick swap is horrendous.
Maybe not 18 then, maybe meet halfway and 21, but Richmond doesn't have that

18 Richmond doesn't have if they still have Bolton.

So Richmond get 10+12 for Bolton and Baker
Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Bolton is contracted for FOUR years.

This is flat out insulting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18 Richmond doesn't have if they still have Bolton.

So Richmond get 10+12 for Bolton and Baker
Confused Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel

Maybe not 18 then, maybe meet halfway and 21, but Richmond doesn't have that
We have 20 and you ain't getting that.

I personally would hope the club gives nothing back. We've seen the currency of OOC players the last few years and I don't think a late first is bad at all.

We have 20 and you ain't getting that.

I personally would hope the club gives nothing back. We've seen the currency of OOC players the last few years and I don't think a late first is bad at all.
Pick 12 for Baker+20 is a pretty fair deal i'd think

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back