Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

edbccd35-0acc-4512-abe9-925df9de8443_text.gif
I think the Baker trade is the least difficult. There is almost an agreed value between the clubs.

We'll all be chill.

!2 for Baker and a F3
No chance. WC still need good picks for the list.

Pick 12 and pick 40 for Baker and 20 values Baker at pick 24 according to that draftguru website.

If pick 26 (F2) is used instead of pick 40 then it values Baker at pick 16

No chance. WC still need good picks for the list.

Pick 12 and pick 40 for Baker and 20 values Baker at pick 24 according to that draftguru website.

If pick 26 (F2) is used instead of pick 40 then it values Baker at pick 16
We won't be giving back 18 (if we get) or 20 in this draft. We just won't.

I think the Baker trade is the least difficult. There is almost an agreed value between the clubs.

We'll all be chill.
I haven't seen a single proposal from a Richmond supporter on here (or the board's draft thread) that wasn't horrendous for us.
And I know I'm in the vast majority of West Coast supporters on here who hold this opinion.
But apparently we just have to bend over and take it. Other supporters however....

We won't be giving back 18 (if we get) or 20 in this draft. We just won't.
I guess if Richmond will refuse anything but a top 15 pick by itself for Baker then, he should go to the PSD. Richmond could take him again but doubt they would

If 10,11 & 18 are on the table and Baker has agreed over the weekend to go to Dockers. We would do that trade.

10 & 18 is overs for Bolton. No way baker is worth 12.

He is a nice player. Not much more and he is tiny. He isn’t contracted. If he was worth a pick in the 20’s he is worth less now.

I haven't seen a single proposal from a Richmond supporter on here (or the board's draft thread) that wasn't horrendous for us.
And I know I'm in the vast majority of West Coast supporters on here who hold this opinion.
But apparently we just have to bend over and take it. Other supporters however....
Mate, NONE of our proposals mean shit.

I've seen nothing I particularly love in terms of suggestions from you mob either. Appraently we just have to bend over and take it. (despite lots of OOC trades getting very good value the last few seasons)

Before Hawks went rogue, I think that WCE and Tiges were quite happy to tidy it up post Barrass. I don't think the clubs have any angst between them, unlike us, lol.

10 & 18 is overs for Bolton.
Maybe, just.

But we want way overs because he has a 4 yr contract.

Shai has already indicated he's happy to come back. Freo want him, they pay.

Bullshit.

I have it on full authority that trades are determined based off who wins these threads.
Well we're both in trouble then.

Maybe, just.

But we want way overs because he has a 4 yr contract.

Shai has already indicated he's happy to come back. Freo want him, they pay.
So Richmond want overs because he has a contract but still want overs for an OOC player in Baker too

So Richmond want overs because he has a contract but still want overs for an OOC player in Baker too
No. Where has this overs crap come from re Baker? From WCE supporters? Please.

The clubs were aligned.

And as I pointed out (and can boringly go back and find more examples like Saad and Cerra, who were pick 8 and pick 6) their has been an established market price.

Of course Baker isn't worth a top 10 pick, but he's worth more than pick 25. It lies in there somewhere and will get done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. The main point is that pick 11 for Baker would be highway robbery.

If want to burn the club to the ground. That is saying something with our history.
John Ralph working overtime to get his beloved Tigers the best picks possible.

Not if Freo don’t pay it. I couldn’t care less.

I’m interested to know, given our opinions have no influence on the outcome:

What do you think is the fair trade value for an out of contract Baker?
Mate, nobody cares about 'fair value' here.

It's 'Win' or 'Lose'.

Not if Freo don’t pay it. I couldn’t care less.

I’m interested to know, given our opinions have no influence on the outcome:

What do you think is the fair trade value for an out of contract Baker?
Probably 15 I’d say. His leadership attributes add decent value

Richmond fans think Baker is worth a top 5 pick uncontracted
Mate.... Dont get me wrong, Liam Baker is a good player. He isnt elite but he is versatile.

Liam Baker playing for the dockers and getting 20 disposals a game on a forward flank or wing or back flank wont be the worst thing in the world for freo.

Saying that, If Baker was in his 8th season as a Free agent, It would be like the Brad Crouch situation at the crows.

One of the WA clubs offer him 5 years at $600,000 a year. Tigers get pick 21 or pick 22 as a compo pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back