Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Richmond fans think Baker is worth a top 5 pick uncontracted
Mate.... Dont get me wrong, Liam Baker is a good player. He isnt elite but he is versatile.

Liam Baker playing for the dockers and getting 20 disposals a game on a forward flank or wing or back flank wont be the worst thing in the world for freo.

Saying that, If Baker was in his 8th season as a Free agent, It would be like the Brad Crouch situation at the crows.

One of the WA clubs offer him 5 years at $600,000 a year. Tigers get pick 21 or pick 22 as a compo pick.

Why would St Kilda do that?

We already have a second round pick around the mark.
3 and 26 for saints pick 7 and 8? Yeah doesnt seem right to me.

If It was Picks 3 and 18 and 26 for Saints picks 7 and 8 well then that would be more fair but you would have to very confident your scouts or recuiters nail those picks.

So St Kilda give up a future first to move 4 spots up in the draft 🤔

Seems like Richmond are the only ones happy with this trade
I cant see the saints handing out a future or 2025 1st either. Especially if they finish bottom 6 next season with 11 wins which is a possible chance. I can see the saints trade up a future 2nd or 3rd.

Pick 3 could be split if there is a club that has another pick in the range 6-10 and another 1st rd pick 11-15. Then that 2nd 1st rd pick could be used to trade for Baker + a really late 1st rd pick or really early 2nd round pick. At this stage there is no club that has that.
I just cant see the eagles trade pick 3 away. Even if its Pick 3 and eagles 59 or a future 3rd for like picks 10, 20, 25 and 40. Or pick 3 and a future 3rd for picks 6, 24 and 42.

Eagles traded pick 2 for picks 8 and 12 in a mega trade with 3 other clubs.

I just cant see the eagles trade pick 3 away. Even if its Pick 3 and eagles 59 or a future 3rd for like picks 10, 20, 25 and 40. Or pick 3 and a future 3rd for picks 6, 24 and 42.

Eagles traded pick 2 for picks 8 and 12 in a mega trade with 3 other clubs.
There is a world where we end up with 7+13 from the Saints, itd cost 3+ probably a f1 from the Hawks or Carlton from the Barrass trade though.
Saints sound like the front runner for 13, with their f1+f2.

13 gets us 19+22 from the Swans, and 19 gets Baker.

There is a world where we end up with 7+13 from the Saints, itd cost 3+ probably a f1 from the Hawks or Carlton from the Barrass trade though.
Saints sound like the front runner for 13, with their f1+f2.

13 gets us 19+22 from the Swans, and 19 gets Baker.

yeah then things changed....

Most of us thought once the season was done Hawks were gonna offer pick 14 and 33 or 14 and 2025 future 2nd to eagles for Barrass.

this time last season, it was Sydney that wanted Barrass.

Me personally I think eagles current pick 26 or even a 2025 2nd rounder should be enough for Liam baker.

yeah then things changed....

Most of us thought once the season was done Hawks were gonna offer pick 14 and 33 or 14 and 2025 future 2nd to eagles for Barrass.

this time last season, it was Sydney that wanted Barrass.

Me personally I think eagles current pick 26 or even a 2025 2nd rounder should be enough for Liam baker.
I agree, but I dont think thats what will happen

E.g. Eagles trade pick 3 for pick 7 and pick 12 from Carlton (Don't know how Carlton gets pick 7 but it's an example)

Eagles then trade pick 12 to Richmond and Richmond trade WC Liam Baker and pick 18 (from Freo trade of Bolton - again an assumption).

So WC lose pick 3, but gain pick 7, 18 and Liam Baker.

Valuing Baker at ~pick 50.

A player your own club has said is worth a pick in the teens.

Quite apart from the skipped over bit about how you're going to get 7 & 12, I don't think Richmond would consider this is a realistic suggestion.

Quite apart from the skipped over bit about how you're going to get 7 & 12, I don't think Richmond would consider this is a realistic suggestion.
Guess we should just give up pick 3 for a mediocre player then :(

That doesnt value Baker at pick 50. Using an example from this year, Swans are offering GC pick 19+22 for pick 13.
If we have 12 for Baker+18, then it values Baker at roughly pick 20

Points are a shit way to value picks and anybody doing so should be shamed for it tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess we should just give up pick 3 for a mediocre player then :(

That, clearly, would be going too far the other way.

Breaking 3 up would seem like the most likely way this deal can get done (WCE might struggle for currency otherwise), but Baker would only be worth a part of that (and not the biggest part).

That doesnt value Baker at pick 50. Using an example from this year, Swans are offering GC pick 19+22 for pick 13.
If we have 12 for Baker+18, then it values Baker at roughly pick 20

Points are a shit way to value picks and anybody doing so should be shamed for it tbh

I agree that the points don't fully convey values.

But they do demonstrate that for a guy WCE values in the teens, a 6 place shift in the teens is VERY light.

Even from the example you're giving (which hasn't been taken up), saying that's worth ~20 is a huge stretch.

I agree that the points don't fully convey values.

But they do demonstrate that for a guy WCE values in the teens, a 6 place shift in the teens is VERY light.

Even from the example you're giving (which hasn't been taken up), saying that's worth ~20 is a huge stretch.
Compare 19+22 to the F1+f2 offered by other clubs, 19+22 is probably a stronger offer, but GC want future picks instead of current picks. Try the Noble+Piesf1 offer for 13, id take 19+22 every single time.
Definitely values Baker at 20ish

BS....you have FA of an idea where the clubs values re baker are at just like everyone else on here.
You're not very good at reading between the lines, are you?

Listen to Cameron at WC (re Rioli), Bell at Freo re Bolton, and Clarke at WCE re Baker.

You can tell just from listening to what is said (and what isn't said) how far apart the respective clubs are. WC and Richmond are comfortable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back