Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

This talk of a pick swap with Carlton just won’t go away.

They have added some spice to their original offer with Owies now in the mix to be an Eagle. There was talk over the weekend a player may be added to the mix and this is it.

Owies, 12 and 14 for pick 3.

West Coast get three players in the trade period - Baker, Owies and Graham to bolster their stocks for their new coach as well as pick 12 to use on the local lad.

Carlton get pick 3 for FOS or Lalor and Richmond get 14 for Baker to kick start their rebuild.
Owies can be taken in the pre season draft. Richmond can just offer baker and 11 for 3

Eagles won't split pick 3 for Baker, he's not really that sort of player.

At this point 10, 11, 18 offered from Freo for Baker and Bolton seems like a win and a decent deal to take, assuming Baker can be talked around to head to Freo instead of the Eagles.
Sensible call. Also Baker would compliment a competing team well (i.e. Fremantle).
West Coast shouldn't be offering anything close to what Fremantle is purportedly offering.

Freo would be better off giving WCE 10 & 18 for 3.

WCE give 18 to Richmond for Baker

Freo give 3 to Richmond for Bolton and F3

WCE: Baker and 10
Richmond: 3 and 18
Freo: Bolton and F3

Better outcome for the 3 teams than getting involved with Carlton, yuck!
That's still really horrible from a West Coast perspective.

You'd have to be a little worried the number of people saying it. Even more worried Owies is seen as the value to get it over the line?

It seems to be the "give big Vic clubs whatever they want" trade period at the moment

Not much different to other trade periods!
The persecution complex is deeply embedded in the collective psyche of Western Australia . . .

They have added some spice to their original offer with Owies now in the mix to be an Eagle. There was talk over the weekend a player may be added to the mix and this is it.

West Coast get three players in the trade period - Baker, Owies and Graham to bolster their stocks for their new coach as well as pick 12 to use on the local lad.

Carlton get pick 3 for FOS or Lalor and Richmond get 14 for Baker to kick start their rebuild.
Even I feel like this would be pretty bad for WCE

Obviously I want a good deal for the Tiges, but I don’t want WCE to get such a bad deal that I actively have to pity them

Surely WCE can’t split pick 3 without at least getting a pick back later in the top ten as part of the split

(Plus isn’t Owies rightly or wrongly close to delisted free agent territory?)

Good news tigers fans.

We have HAWKS F2 ready for the Baker trade. Enjoy
Ready to take 14 once Matty Clarke makes a complete tit of himself.

secret smell GIF

Owies is genuinely worth 0. He will be delisted and can be picked up as a DFA

Owies adds as much value to a potential trade for pick 3 as Brockman did to Hawks offer for pick 1 last year, which is zero.

Owies will be delisted and can be picked up as a DFA, or we can give them a token pick in the 60s so we can keep a nice relationship and give Owies some certainty.

Please let the chef know that this dish could use a little more flavour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spider Man Lol GIF

This trade with Carlton is horrendous but the talk seems to be there’s a third party involved. Which could be St Kilda since Daniels brought them up as entering the chat. Or it’s basic and essentially Baker and 12 for 3.

This trade with Carlton is horrendous but the talk seems to be there’s a third party involved. Which could be St Kilda since Daniels brought them up as entering the chat. Or it’s basic and essentially Baker and 12 for 3.
12 would be a big drop. I would hope that any split for 3 nets an extra pick without Baker.

This is literally the nightmare scenario. Fingers crossed St Kilda are the third party and the slide is only down to 8... looks unlikely though. This is actual give up hope trade. Rebuild is stuffed.
Owies is literally named, its clearly not Saints...

How's that faith going Barrybran , surely you're worried now?
I'm trying to understand it. It doesn't make sense from the information available. 12 is a big drop from 3, we've seemingly had no interest in that part of the draft and Owies can be picked up as a DFA. Will be interesting to see what the gaps are.

I'm trying to understand it. It doesn't make sense from the information available. 12 is a big drop from 3, we've seemingly had no interest in that part of the draft and Owies can be picked up as a DFA. Will be interesting to see what the gaps are.
It sounds like some of the most ridiculous list management I've ever seen. Logic says no but they keep pushing it as a thing. I'll be real, I want it to happen just to listen Ellis to explode

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back