Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

This talk of a pick swap with Carlton just won’t go away.

They have added some spice to their original offer with Owies now in the mix to be an Eagle. There was talk over the weekend a player may be added to the mix and this is it.

Owies, 12 and 14 for pick 3.

West Coast get three players in the trade period - Baker, Owies and Graham to bolster their stocks for their new coach as well as pick 12 to use on the local lad.

Carlton get pick 3 for FOS or Lalor and Richmond get 14 for Baker to kick start their rebuild.

That's nowhere near enough for pick 3.

It sounds like some of the most ridiculous list management I've ever seen. Logic says no but they keep pushing it as a thing. I'll be real, I want it to happen just to listen Ellis explode
I've just been reminded that the Rioli deal is supposed to close as well. 6 makes more sense than 12. We'll still have to give something else up whatever we trade in. Trading for Owies makes no sense unless it's for token value.

I've just been reminded that the Rioli deal is supposed to close as well. 6 makes more sense than 12. We'll still have to give something else up whatever we trade in. Trading for Owies makes no sense unless it's for token value.
How does 6 work?

Carlton a clearly the ones going up to 3, so why would Richmond move down from 6?

Think its hopeful that 6 is included

How does 6 work?

Carlton a clearly the ones going up to 3, so why would Richmond move down from 6?

I'm trying to figure that out. 12 + 14 perhaps? We get something like 6 + 20? I hope we get an extra pick anyway. We're getting an extra player apparently so who knows.

Pretty much the only thing I know is Carlton needs an F2.

I like Matt Owies not sure why he is getting so much hate.
27 goals & 33 goals the last two years if he is the steak knives part of the deal than he isn't the worst player ever.
Owies is ok, worth pick 30something.
Thing is Carlton have basically committed to delisting him, meaning he will be a DFA in a few weeks. Free to any home that wants him

Thing is Carlton have basically committed to delisting him, meaning he will be a DFA in a few weeks. Free to any home that wants him
Man, sorry, but the demand for Owies is so low, he is moving across the country to a rebuilding side and away from home. I don't think he's worth anything and Carlton must be pinching themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot understand why he hasn't been given a deal at the Blues completely unfair. their cap must be literally bursting and would prefer a draft prospect on minimum wage, that must be it, because it doesn't make sense any other way why he wasn't given a deal because Carlton signed up worse ppl on their list than Owies.

How does 6 work?

Carlton don't have the currency to get to 3.

I cannot understand why he hasn't been given a deal at the Blues completely unfair. their cap must be literally bursting and would prefer a draft prospect on minimum wage, that must be it, because it doesn't make sense any other way why he wasn't given a deal because Carlton signed up worse ppl on their list than Owies.
I'd rather keep him too, dude is one of our only reliable set shots too, but our powers that be really dont seem to want him anymore.

Youd imagine it involved other players from Carlton, idk who but some players

The only guys they have on the table young or Kennedy aren't worth a top 10 trade. Can't see how they get 3.

You reckon we're giving you pick 6 and Baker so Carlton can get pick 3?

I'm trying to figure that out. 12 + 14 perhaps? We get something like 6 + 20? I hope we get an extra pick anyway. We're getting an extra player apparently so who knows.

Pretty much the only thing I know is Carlton needs an F2.
I can’t work out how 6 would be involved either . . .

Richmond wouldn’t take 14 and a six pick downgrade from P6 to P12 . . .

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back