List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't realise the Saints had delisted Trent-Dennis Lane.

He is from WA and would be very good backup for Ballas and Walters, which is someone we lacked really badly last year.

He is from WA and would be very good backup for Ballas and Walters, which is someone we lacked really badly last year.
66558_66d9220a0e58dc1c55fe77a327d4204c.jpg

Guys with good goal sense is something we lacked for long periods last year.

Would be nice to have someone of TDL's quality running around for Peel in case Ballas whacks someone again. Then there's also Lyon's stated wish to run Walters through the midfield...

Guys with good goal sense is something we lacked for long periods last year.

Would be nice to have someone of TDL's quality running around for Peel in case Ballas whacks someone again. Then there's also Lyon's stated wish to run Walters through the midfield...

I feel that Ross is invested in Duffy and Crozier as options to release Walters.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...e-agency-options/story-fniv64vs-1227109296144

Geez Hagdorn can be mischievous. Putting Sandi up as a free agent already! Can't help to think he is Colin Young's whipping boy in the media. Young has an axe to grind I'd expect especially after the club/ RTB had a run in with him over the Mitch Clarke episode late in the year.
Hackdorn is a loser of the highest order, in the same article he is already saying Johnson, Duffield and Sandilands are already attracting interest from the East as free agents next year.....he will do anything to take attention off his precious Eagles.

Hagdorn is also saying that Simon Lloyd is being courted by other clubs.

On a side note. If Sumich won the Western Bulldogs coaching job would we be demanding financial compensation like Collingwood did?

TDL is a poor mans Josh Hill, but TDL gives less defensive pressure.
He couldn't get a game in the worst side.

Are you trying to bring the club down from the inside?

I know this is for specifically Freo players, but Greg Broughton was a fan favourite before being traded to GC. Just read he's been delisted as GC take the final step in reducing their list size in line with the other clubs, but he has been promised to be redrafted as a rookie. Just found it interesting. He played 20 games last year for them, for a total of 105 career games so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is for specifically Freo players, but Greg Broughton was a fan favourite before being traded to GC. Just read he's been delisted as GC take the final step in reducing their list size in line with the other clubs, but he has been promised to be redrafted as a rookie. Just found it interesting. He played 20 games last year for them, for a total of 105 career games so far.

I was surprised by his trading and delisting. I think that Nick Malceski will be replacing Broughton.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...e-agency-options/story-fniv64vs-1227109296144

Geez Hagdorn can be mischievous. Putting Sandi up as a free agent already! Can't help to think he is Colin Young's whipping boy in the media. Young has an axe to grind I'd expect especially after the club/ RTB had a run in with him over the Mitch Clarke episode late in the year.
How Hagdorn is allowed to breath oxygen is beyond me. He knows none of those players will play for another club. So why wrote the article? Needs to get a life and do his job properly. That or just gtfo of journalism. Probably the latter as he isn't capable of the former.

How Hagdorn is allowed to breath oxygen is beyond me. He knows none of those players will play for another club. So why wrote the article? Needs to get a life and do his job properly. That or just gtfo of journalism. Probably the latter as he isn't capable of the former.

Agree, but I would think there is a chance that the Dockers will only offer Sandilands a year contract, and that it is possible another club may offer longer. It will be a discussion point this season for sure.

Agree, but I would think there is a chance that the Dockers will only offer Sandilands a year contract, and that it is possible another club may offer longer. It will be a discussion point this season for sure.
Just like Cox after playing all his career was going to to go to Collingwood to play one season, it will never happen.

Just like Cox after playing all his career was going to to go to Collingwood to play one season, it will never happen.

Sure very unlikely but it is dependant on what contract we offer him. And that is probably what Geelong fans said about Chapman and King. We are in an interesting phase where after next season the club could decide to go into a significant rebuild, and not want to be giving a player like Sandilands significant gametime.

I guess it's a fact of life that the player managers feed the swirling media increasingly around uncontracted players as they did with Fyfe and Mundy for periods of this season. Just annoys me that they're starting so early this time around with the coverage this weekend re: Sandi etc. and then he throws up the potential headhunting of a couple of our coaches too which at least will be resolved in advance of the season proper. The speculation over Sandi though will probably stretch on throughout the season which will be a distraction and make for some interesting RTB pressers.

End 2015 > Mcpharlin retires; Pav hands the captaincy to Fyfe and goes around one more year as he undertakes an on-field part-time coaching role to oversee the new look forward line of Durdin, Apeness and Taberner; Sandi goes to Hawthorn (where else?) as a FA.

(There's next week's story, Haggers).

Putting my money where my mouth is, here is a list prediction matrix for the end of this year (excluding any potential trades)
View attachment 61627
Okay lets review my calls. I'll give myself 7 out of 10. All our delistments and retirements come from players I designated as high, high/medium or medium. Equally I have Tabs, Vandeleur, Moller, Macca and Duffy in the same bracket who are still with us. Duffy the only real blooper as the only one with a 'High' in his prediction. Macca I will defend on the basis that it was fair call as medium probability. Moller a project player. The only one I am really surprised I was wrong about is Tom V.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back