List Mgmt. List management 2022-2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much longer until Pasini is fit again? He was showing huge promise before going down. If he’s ready for the start of the season, a bit of a run in the Maggies early and he could be the solution by mid season.
Won't be a solution.

But hopefully will bump out an undersized jonas, which will be a step in the right direction

How much longer until Pasini is fit again? He was showing huge promise before going down. If he’s ready for the start of the season, a bit of a run in the Maggies early and he could be the solution by mid season.
Similar to Farrell I think. Be ready to go by mid-season. Time will tell how well he comes back however.

So 35 on the main list, and 4 rookies (McEntee, Teakle, Dumont, Pasini).

3 players without contracts (Frederick, Dumont, McEntee).

My guesses:
Frederick Delisted (34;2)
1yr rookie contract Dumont (34;3)
1yr rookie contract McEntee (34;4)
DFA Francis Evans (35;4)
Draft 33 (36;4)
Draft 60 (37;4)
Upgrade Pasini (38;3)
Rookie Montgomery (38;4)
Cat B Barkla (38;4;1)
I think you're pretty right there but McEntee is doubtful. With Junior and JHF we have covered our small forward needs pretty well and we should target a mature KPD with one of our rookie spots.

What are our draft picks for next year?
[/QUOTE]
2nd tied to Collingwood 3rd tied to freo and our 4th.
Hawthorn decided to give each an experience mid for free 🤦

If a week is a long time in footy, then trade week is an eternity.

Well done to the List Management team for grabbing two guys who will help our team immensely but will also fit into our younger age demographic team. Both have huge upsides and will plug holes immediately.

And although we didn’t get Esava Ratugolea this year, our romancing this year might help us nab him in free agency or as a trade next year.

We get a generational talent in Jason Horne-Francis and there is a part of me that sees karma balancing out for all of the issues and rip-offs and near chances we’ve had with the Father Son rule, I think getting Flash Jr makes up for a lot. The best thing I like about him is that Flash Jr is his winning attitude. I think this will go well with Rozee who also likes to dominate and win. And you can add Butters as well.

With Horne-Francis coming in, it means that Dumont and Willem Drew are pushed down the order.

Crazy, hot take – in two years, Ollie Wines will be our 5th best midfielder behind Jason Horne-Francis, Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Josh Sinn if he gets in there. Crazy.

Junior Rioli is also a good get. Fixes a hole and we didn’t have to pay the world for him. He could have an outstanding year for us.

Junior and Orazio will be fighting for a spot but could possibly create beautiful music together and wreak havoc upon the league if they gel together. That would be super cool.

2023 TEAM

This is how I think it will line up. Not my preferences.

Junior Rioli, Charlie Dixon, Mitch Georgiadis
Sam Powell-Pepper, Todd Marshall, Zak Butters
Miles Bergman, Oliver Wines, Xavier Duursma
Ryan Burton, Aliir Aliir, TOM JONAS
Darcy Byrne-Jones, TOM CLUREY/TRENT MCKENZIE, Jase Burgoyne

SCOTT LYCETT, Connor Rozee, Travis Boak
Jeremy Finlayson, Lachlan Jones, Dan Houston, Jason Horne-Francis

Willem Drew, Riley Bonner, Orazio Fantasia, Kane Farrell

The names in capital are areas of concern.

Scott Lycett - old and injured
Tom Jonas - getting on
Tom Clurey/Trent McKenzie - a bit old, played out of position, would prefer a gorilla full back

HERE IS THE LIST FROM THE 2012 DRAFT ONWARDS

To me, this is how we should be working our list towards.

Junior Rioli, Mitch Georgiadis, Jeremy Finlayson
Sam Powell-Pepper, Todd Marshall, Zac Butters
Miles Bergman, Oliver Wines, Xavier Duursma
Ryan Burton, Aliir Aliir, TOM CLUREY
Darcy Byrne-Jones, KEY DEFENDER, Jase Burgoyne

RUCK, Connor Rozee, Jason Horne-Francis
Dan Houston, Riley Bonner, Josh Sinn, Lachlan Jones

Willem Drew, Orazio Fantasia, Kane Farrell, Jackson Mead

The names in capital are areas of concern.

Tom Clurey - hasn’t played 3rd tall
KEY DEFENDER NEEDED
RUCK NEEDED

DRAFT 2022

So going into the draft we really need tall defenders and depending on how we see our ruck stocks, a ruck.

It seems the coaching staff want a powerful ruck who can make contests around the ground and cluck a good mark so if Harry Barnett is there, we could take him. He had massive possy games for a big guy.

With pick 33, I don’t have a problem if there is a can’t miss player who is not a need. For example, a player drops like Brayden George, Darcy Jones, Isaac Keeler, Anthony Munkara, Adam D’aloia, etc.

A can’t miss tall defender or ruck at 33 would be awesome. Come on down James Van Es.

It wouldn’t surprise me and it would be prudent if the Drafting Guys went with two tall defenders, a young guy like James Van Es and a mature aged recruit late like we did last year with Sam Skinner. There seems to be a few knocking around in lower leagues that might be a go.

I think we have Francis Evans lined up in the PSD.

We have a couple of Father Sons with Harper Montgomery and Will Francou we can rookie.

If our Draft Gurus have a couple of players up their sleeve, it would make this off season one to remember where our list was rounding out to a multiple premiership side.

And just on that, another thing about grabbing Jason Horne-Francis is that if Ken Hinkley is let go after at least 10 years of mediocrity, I have a feeling a lot of coaches will really be eyeing off our list big time and will want to come and coach the boys. With a strong midfield and with a lot of young guys just about to come into their own, I think a few coaches will come out of the woodwork to throw their hat into the ring to coach the Power.

Sack Hinkley. Overthrow Koch. Live the Creed. Go the Power.

we need to be playing lord as a big defender

or we need to see if we can unearth a big defender in one of the state leagues to rookie list, we can’t run with what we had this year.

or develop game style similar to Collingwood that cops with undersized defenders.

our midfield is elite now, but we are still going to struggle playing the same style against the big forwa4ds.

**** geelong

There's more than one reason to make Ollie captain but one is that he's the best man for the job now.

TJ has been good overall in the role but he's no longer a certain first 22 player and not having the captains tag gives the coaches more flexibility to drop him. Like it or not coaches find it difficult to drop the captain.

Hopefully it gets announced prior to Christmas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I hope our most improved in 2023 is Josh Sinn. He’s the sleeper in all this excitement. Get him and Fantasia up and running and anything could happen.
2023 might not be his year but if he can get his body right and get close to a full pre-season, maybe half a season in the magpies with some games in AFL coming later in the season I would still be pretty happy. He's coming from a very long way back so continuity and footy games are a good building block.

I was wondering if Teakle has ever played at CHB in his life?

He’s mobile and aggressive I’d be curious to see him there at the Maggie’s.

Doesn’t look like Lord will make it there

I was wondering if Teakle has ever played at CHB in his life?

He’s mobile and aggressive I’d be curious to see him there at the Maggie’s.

Doesn’t look like Lord will make it there
Unless we find some gem hiding in the state league (which I recon is pretty unlikely) this is worth a look.

Either Teake or Visintini, who apparently played at both ends in his draft year ?

I find it highly unlikely Jonas will be dropped as captain. I don’t think he’s nearly as bad as the haters here think
I don't hate the bloke, but I would love to be as sure of winning X-Lotto as I am that any player of his skill level would have had no chance of being named Port Adelaide captain in the Fos Williams and John Cahill eras.

For those old enough to remember the 1960's and 70's, TJ reminds me of Neville Thiele, who was an honest hard hitting toiler of similar size, but Nev was in the first group of 3 or 4 who Cahill moved on when he was appointed coach and he ended up playing at West Adelaide for a couple of years.

Rewriting history with Tom Jonas is pretty poor. He has been a very good player for the club. You dont get multiple selections in the AA squad with an interstate team unless you are good.

And even now he is still an adequate player. Not oustanding but adequate and as a third tall he does his job. Our issues in defence are mostly centred around Clurey/McKenzie and Aliir having to do basically two roles to cover those players.

And you don't need to be the best player in the team to be a good captain .

Rewriting history with Tom Jonas is pretty poor. He has been a very good player for the club. You dont get multiple selections in the AA squad with an interstate team unless you are good.

And even now he is still an adequate player. Not oustanding but adequate and as a third tall he does his job. Our issues in defence are mostly centred around Clurey/McKenzie and Aliir having to do basically two roles to cover those players.

And you don't need to be the best player in the team to be a good captain .
But you absolutely should be more than a barely first 22 player getting asked to play on players he's not suited to.

I think we're overdue for a raid on Norf, reckon we should poach Ben McKay next year.

Last edited:
I think you're pretty right there but McEntee is doubtful. With Junior and JHF we have covered our small forward needs pretty well and we should target a mature KPD with one of our rookie spots.
Agree, I reckon the only reason McEntee was gifted his games at the end of last season was for the coaches to ascetain if he was any good.
And, he did okay: but with the arrival of Rioli and the pending return of Fanta, me thinks he will not survive the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back