List Mgmt. List management 2022-2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, I reckon the only reason McEntee was gifted his games at the end of last season was for the coaches to ascetain if he was any good.
And, he did okay: but with the arrival of Rioli and the pending return of Fanta, me thinks he will not survive the cut.
McEntee more tackles than goals. We will never win a final with that sort of player.

McEntee went on that trip to the APY lands so that seems to indicate he won't be cut? I think there is potentially a role for him as a defensive forward but ideally you don't want to play defensive forwards.

I could see him being utilised if we get injuries and we are playing against a team with a damaging half back like Dawson, Daicos or a Caleb Daniel for example.

There are several list lodgement periods before the final one of the 1st December.

Its about maximum flexibility including balancing the cap. As we saw with JHF, we weren't planning to chase him this year, but he came to us and our whole focus changed. Plus a player staying on the rookie list, means the first $80k of any base salary we pay them, is outside the salary cap.
Dumont was the real surprise packet this year.
Let us keeping playing him to remind North how they treat their players.

I guess Carr did not notice him last year.

I think McEntee and even S.Mayes might be better options than Francis Evans.

Evans had 1 scoring shot this year (in a game where Geelong scored 140 points, must be trying to avoid the ball).
He kicked 30 goals from 16 games at VFL level.

McEntee kicked 3 from 9 at SANFL level and 6 from 17 the year before for Sturt.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can we have 3 cheers for Jason Cripps and whoever his offsiders are?

Drafting/trading has been superb the last few years ... Butters / Rozee / Duursma, and now JHF .... not to mention a handful of other serviceable picks.

Let's hope he hangs around for many years to come.

Until our list is full we are going to see a lot of failed AFL names on here. So here’s mine.
Jarrod Brander 23yo 197cm swing man.
Probably not a great sign being delisted from 2 sides in last 2 years. But wow he moves well for a big man, just doesn’t get the ball. Went pick 13 in his draft year! Played forward & back at 18 level, and defence for Allies in National Carnival games. But from what I’ve seen both Eagles & GWS tried him up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I think RCD would be a no brainer 3 years ago… the game has changed. There’s a reason a Brownlow medalist in Tom Mitchel has been traded for peanuts. You only need one player like that and we have Ollie

Until our list is full we are going to see a lot of failed AFL names on here. So here’s mine.
Jarrod Brander 23yo 197cm swing man.
Probably not a great sign being delisted from 2 sides in last 2 years. But wow he moves well for a big man, just doesn’t get the ball. Went pick 13 in his draft year! Played forward & back at 18 level, and defence for Allies in National Carnival games. But from what I’ve seen both Eagles & GWS tried him up forward.
Don't mind it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

RCD would give us another hyphen in the side :cool::cool:

Actually his Draft write up was exceptional. Only lacked endurance. Wonder why he has struggled?
Richmond had a strong mid-field and he didn't adapt to another position. He also was prone to poor decision making, along with Aarts (Aarts in some close losses). If I recall correctly, it was he and Stack that had some off field indiscretion too.

Last edited:
Josh Carr would be salivating about the mids he has to work with. No excuses Josh.

If Chris Scott doesn't rate Evans I'd be steering clear as well.
I don’t think it’s as much as the coaches don’t rate them but that they have good depth in those areas and you have to delist someone
Tigers have Prestia picket Bolton Martin that can go in the middle and just got 2 young gun mids in the draft so rcd would be way back in the pecking order and cats already have Stengel close meters Dangerfield will prob spend more time forward next year then bring in Bruhn and Henry that are both probably gonna start as forwards for the next year or so
We could however use more depth in both areas

I'm hopefull Evans does for Port what another ex-geelong discard, Lincoln McCarthy, did for brisbane.

I think Stack would be a nice addition to our list.

Why would we go after a player whose best football has come from half back? And who has a mountain of offield issues.

He is the last player we need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back