List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love Breust and think it would be a massive help for Durdin and Motlop.

Hard to see what the downside is in signing Breust on a 2yr contract.

He's durable. Rarely misses a game.
Kicked 40 goals this year - form is still clearly standing up.
His age profile fills a need.
Adds big game, finals winning experience from a successful club & culture.
Small forward who can hit the scoreboard - something our current smalls aren't doing (yet).
Leadership.
3x Premiership player / 2x All Australian.

Has to be a serious consideration for Nick Austin. Be disappointed if he wasn't.

Hard to see what the downside is in signing Breust on a 2yr contract.

He's durable. Rarely misses a game.
Kicked 40 goals this year - form is still clearly standing up.
His age profile fills a need.
Adds big game, finals winning experience from a successful club & culture.
Small forward who can hit the scoreboard - something our current smalls aren't doing (yet).
Leadership.
3x Premiership player / 2x All Australian.

Has to be a serious consideration for Nick Austin. Be disappointed if he wasn't.
Agree - I'd be happy to pay a third rounder for Breust.

Much better option than Owies and still gives Motlop and Durdin opportunities for senior games.

Imagine what he can do to grow McKay/Curnow and forward systems with his experience.

Tyreece Leiu is a 194cm, 93kg defender/inside mid. He’s big and he‘s quick. The recruiting team had better have plans to grab him as a DFA (if what, I think, Jimmae says about him being eligible as a DFA is true). Best bit… he’s only 19.

Why would he be eligible as a DFA? Missed what Jim said...
I got this wrong, thought there was a further rule change to DFA elgibility at some point, but it's simply just previously listed players are eligible until they retire, they just can't return to the same club within the same season.

This includes mid-season draftees who are delisted.
I wouldn't be facepalming when you seem to be failing basic reading comprehension. Nothing about my list had anything to do with Fisher not being in the best 22 mix. I put Pittonet, Dow, Stocker, Plowman, Newnes, and Newman in there too... you didn't say boo about any of that.

Kennedy is far superior to Setterfield.
Better kick, better mark. Kennedy's disposal can hurt the opposition, Setterfield's barely

Kennedy:

tank GIF

Setterfield:

tumblr_ob6lwrybmg1t382eqo1_500.gifv

We have 2 Kennedys already and both of them, Cripps and Hewett are better.

Although I’m a fan of Kennedy, I think we need diversity in the midfield. We don’t need 3 tanks running around on big grounds…
Valid point.
BUT
It is time for our coaching team to embrace the concept of rotations.
Crippa gets banged up, Hewett gets banged up, Kennedy gets banged up. Setterfield showed his mettle at the end of the season and is a viable “piece”. Docherty also showed his value through the middle. Walsh needs to be saved from himself and needs to mix his time on a wing.

The midfielder I want to be a virtual constant is Cerra, as he is the best distributor by foot.

I learned a few years ago not to rely on Sydney Swans players in SuperCoach. They varied roles to keep their guns loaded. McVeigh, Hannebery, Parker and others would have monumental fortnights followed by “stinkers” as they spent a week on a HFF, HBF, wing or whatever. We need to embrace that model, and the idea of managing the likes of Crippa when tired or injured.

We have a handful of “bulls” we can utilise them all, as well as developing the likes of Carroll and our next wave of draftees.

I am over posters arguing the merits of their favourites. The only questions are who is good enough, and can they be accommodated under the salary cap?

Then he should have been ruled out on Friday when the team was named not an hour before the game.

Why? So the supporter base is at ease and knows exactly what is happening?

I see no reason why we needed to declare our hand to Collingwood that far in advance of the game.

Valid point.
BUT
It is time for our coaching team to embrace the concept of rotations.
Crippa gets banged up, Hewett gets banged up, Kennedy gets banged up. Setterfield showed his mettle at the end of the season and is a viable “piece”. Docherty also showed his value through the middle. Walsh needs to be saved from himself and needs to mix his time on a wing.

The midfielder I want to be a virtual constant is Cerra, as he is the best distributor by foot.

I learned a few years ago not to rely on Sydney Swans players in SuperCoach. They varied roles to keep their guns loaded. McVeigh, Hannebery, Parker and others would have monumental fortnights followed by “stinkers” as they spent a week on a HFF, HBF, wing or whatever. We need to embrace that model, and the idea of managing the likes of Crippa when tired or injured.

We have a handful of “bulls” we can utilise them all, as well as developing the likes of Carroll and our next wave of draftees.

I am over posters arguing the merits of their favourites. The only questions are who is good enough, and can they be accommodated under the salary cap?

Agree 100% on Cerra, only concern will be he will get a tag for sure because he is so good by foot.

Agree on the Swans comparison hence why I said Kennedy should become a back up to Cripps and Hewett.

Hewett and Setters defensive mids, Cripps and Cerra full offensive players. Walsh is the luxury/cream that can play in 6 positions and will be better when his body matures.

Rotations work when players bring something new to that position, Kennedy brings something as a resting mid on the forward line but doesn’t bring the defensive game to the midfield.

It’s a great debate though!

Cripps, Hewett and Kennedy are playing for 2 spots but guaranteed 1 will be injured!

100% we are.

Beat 5 teams in the top 8. Pansted a red hot Sydney. A kick off Pies and Melbourne. Geelong is the only game we never felt in.

Add a year of fitness and full off season developing layers of the gameplan and a transition game.

That alone probably wins us an extra game or two.

Add a class mid sized forward such as breust and get 14 games out of Goldy, we potentially win an extra game or two.

That has us in the top 4 and absolutely challenging. Given age profile, we should be able to improve across the board somewhat.

Sydney will be better but a few of their best players are wrong side of 30.

Pies still rely in a few old blokes and Degoey will be gone.

Geelong won't be better and you would think might be slightly worse.

Richmond on the decline. Brisbane is a joke away from the gabba. Bulldogs possibly better depending on their very young talls.

Freo is hard to judge.

I would think we are absolutely a chance for top 4 and a flag. s**t, we were this year barring a 2 month psychiatric break down.

This is the time to top up with experienced guys chasing flags on low salary.

Getting some experienced heads in can have a 2 fold effect. One their output can improve us, and secondly help our younger guys develop more

We have 2 Kennedys already and both of them, Cripps and Hewett are better.

Although I’m a fan of Kennedy, I think we need diversity in the midfield. We don’t need 3 tanks running around on big grounds…
Invariably one or two are going to be injured with the way we want to play.

We need to inject Pacey wingers/outside players who can use the ball. LOB may come on, may not. But we have to be looking for more

Why aren't we into Taranto, and where did all this cap space magically appear from at Collingwood?

100% we are.

Beat 5 teams in the top 8. Pansted a red hot Sydney. A kick off Pies and Melbourne. Geelong is the only game we never felt in.

Add a year of fitness and full off season developing layers of the gameplan and a transition game.

Add a class mid sized forward such as breust and get 14 games out of Goldy, we potentially win an extra game or two.

That has us in the top 4 and absolutely challenging. Given age profile, we should be able to improve across the board somewhat.

Richmond on the decline. Brisbane is a joke away from the gabba. Bulldogs possibly better depending on their very young talls.

Freo is hard to judge.

I would think we are absolutely a chance for top 4 and a flag. s**t, we were this year barring a 2 month psychiatric break down.

Could not agree with this post any more
Good stuff, well said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way anyone gives us a pick that high for Dow, classic case of overrating our own players.

If he can only get 2 games for us and still not get a game when half the midfield is missing, it shows we don’t rate him, and I doubt any other club does either.
Considering that Dow is contracted... it changes the dynamic of any trade calculations.

Kennedy at his best is better than Setters at his best

Kennedy has the confidence in his kicking and decision making…setters doesn’t

Kennedy can go forward and impact a game…setters doesn’t

Kennedy can take a hard contested mark aground ground…setters doesn’t

Setters tank is bigger than Kennedy’s
Setters hands are slightly cleaner than Kennedy’s in tight
Setters can play wing…..Kennedy can’t

Setters and Kennedy were both brought in to support Cripps yet both spent plenty of time in the VFL prior to this season.

Our push for Dow to be a senior player (as he offered something different) and gifting him games when we were crap had an impact

Our development and over reliance on the skipper has been to the detriment of these 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he could be a similar player to Lachlan Jones from Port. Big bodied mature running HBF
That's really what I would be playing him as myself. He can play as a third tall option of required or even as a KPD if really necessary, but the way he covers the ground and his pace makes me think a flanker that will scare forwards. A bit like we were hoping that Parks would turn into.

In fact, I would love it if the rookie list could be part of the VFL list and we promote and demote players between the rookie list and the VFL squad as required. That way, we could drop Parks to the VFL list and bring Leiu into the rookie list and the rest of the league doesn't get a look at him, unless he wants to re-enter the draft.

Considering that Dow is contracted... it changes the dynamic of any trade calculations.
I would be certain he will request a trade for improved opportunities, pretty evident if he cannot break into the mid-field with at least 2-3 of our best five out, he is not rated at Carlton so probably best outcome is to take a 3-4th round pick, on what basis could we expect more.

We need to inject Pacey wingers/outside players who can use the ball. LOB may come on, may not. But we have to be looking for more

Why aren't we into Taranto, and where did all this cap space magically appear from at Collingwood?
They must planning on offloading Grundy and De Goey and Henry would have to be at risk as well. Surely that’s the only way they get cap space for Taranto, McStay and Hill.

So apparently pies are into Taranto, Bobby Hill, McStay and Sean Darcy. They will need to move Grundy on, but even then they will have to partially pay his contract. Taranto is one that I am not overly keen on. Knows how to find it, then turns it over way to often. McStay is the one that is most likely to happen.
Getting back to our needs. I like the idea of Bruest or young Ollie Henry. Of course Ollie is just twenty, but has a lot of upside.
Amon has nominated the dawks, not overly concerned about this.
Zurhaar is one that fits our needs. Explosive, big body and regularly hits the scoreboard in a poor team. I think he would excel in our forward line.

I’d love Breust and think it would be a massive help for Durdin and Motlop.
Think Norf have their eyes on Breust, (Clarkson factor) Would prefer Gunston maybe for couple of years, although getting close to his used by date, but his experience & leadership would be enormous..

100% we are.

Freo is hard to judge.

IDK. The question I find myself asking is are we being built to make finals or are we being bult to win finals games and a flag? They are two very different things. I use the Lions in the AFL and Parramatta in the NRL as two sides seemingly content to have teams that can make finals. Can they win Finals and Premierships? No, they cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back