List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite sure what you mean here... Schache didn't play back in the Prelim (nor has he ever at AFL level as far as I know?).

Are you thinking of a different player?
He played backline towards the end of last year. He has a few decent games in that role enough to suggest it could be his go at the Doggies especially given they now have Jamara, Darcy, Naughton and Bruce yo play forward.

Don't see any real comparison between Jones and Schache other than both failed as forward and obviously would be coming from the Bulldogs.

Schache is soft, laconic, and not a key position player. Jones always had a desperation and a hunger about him, if Schache hasn't found that by now I don't think he will at a 3rd club.

Anyone know what Josh Schache's contract status is ? This is a big call, but he could be a very capable Liam Jones replacement, he had a very impressive finals series.

I knew a family member of his very well, there is genuine reasons why he has struggled for much of his young career so far.

He probably wouldn't cost much in a trade (if out of contract) and his performance in the Prelim Final makes me believe he can really become a valuable defensive asset.

I think this is why we have Jesse Glass-McCasker back at the club.

So we can blanket Schache in intra-clubs ;)

I told you all multiple times last yr we should of gave Tyson Stengle a spot on our list

I told you all multiple times last yr we should of gave Tyson Stengle a spot on our list
Stengle is talented, it's not on field that people had question marks over - playing well in a practice match doesn't change that

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

My interests:

Carlton: O'Brien
Collingwood: De Goey (character assessment), Moore
GWS: Sproule, Wehr
Melbourne: Daw
North: Hayden
Port: Amon
Richmond: Nyuon
Sydney: Franklin (medical), Heeney
West Coast: NicNat (medical)
Western Bulldogs: Johannisen (medical), Macrae, Martin (medical), Wallis (medical)
If there was any chance we could get Amon, I'd be wrapped. That's who I think we should go after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy with Jesse Motlop, but geez Tyler Sonsie looked good for Richmond against Geelong.
I am no draft expert, but reckon several clubs will rue passing on Sonsie.

I expect Jesse to play most of the year in the VFL, we got some mature and bigger bodies at this stage playing a similar position, so I am happy not to rush him and let him develop in the VFL.

Cant see us going near the trade period this year. Will be spending all our picks on young KPD and forward half players at the draft

Think it depends on how the year goes. Doubt we will go for a big name but can still see us bringing in players that fill a role. Think we will definitely keep our first round pick in the draft though and also ensure that we have at least one pick in the second round somewhere.

Cant see us going near the trade period this year. Will be spending all our picks on young KPD and forward half players at the draft
Don’t quite agree. Young KPD/swingman and wing/link/distributors, no problem with forwards, but reckon we have enough small/hybrids developing.

With the development of our youngsters, it becomes about timely progression. KPD first, then KPF or quality forward/ruck next, then back to mids. All that time we should target quality peripheral players who often can be found speculating throughout the draft rounds, as opposed to expending top picks.

Very happy with Jesse Motlop, but geez Tyler Sonsie looked good for Richmond against Geelong.
I am no draft expert, but reckon several clubs will rue passing on Sonsie.

I expect Jesse to play most of the year in the VFL, we got some mature and bigger bodies at this stage playing a similar position, so I am happy not to rush him and let him develop in the VFL.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as I saw Sonsie committ a couple turnovers that would make a supporter cry. I’ll reserve any judgment however until I’ve seen them play regularly in the 1s.
I’m really happy with Motlop as small forward is an area we need to address.
Similarly Cerra and Hewett coming in addresses our lack of quality in the midfield (Cripps and Walsh aside).
My bigger concern with the list however is the KPP depth and I think we may have missed a golden opportunity to address it by not going after Brander who we could have got for free.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as I saw Sonsie committ a couple turnovers that would make a supporter cry. I’ll reserve any judgment however until I’ve seen them play regularly in the 1s.
Similarly Cerra and Hewett coming in addresses our lack of quality in the midfield (Cripps and Walsh aside).
My bigger concern with the list however is the KPP depth and I think we may have missed a golden opportunity to address it by not going after Brander who we could have got for free.

I am honestly happy with Oscar McDonald over Brander, whom I am not sure is intense enough to be a quality KPP at AFL level.

If McGovern can reinvent himself as a Backman aka Liam Jones, that would be like killing two birds with one stone, in a manner of speaking. If our midfield/Flanker/Wing types can buy into the defensive and tackling ethos that Vossy is clearing selling, that will go a long way way to easing up the pressure on our backline.

Way to early to tell, but been nothing but seriously impressed by Vossy and our new look coaching pane

Brander isn't a KPP, he's a third tall which we have an abundance of.

So what? I'd be really happy with Ricky Mott because the ruck is an area we need to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back