List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, so what? What if Brander ends up more than a bit better than any of ours?
If he does, we shrug and move on - he's shown very little to date and stylistically hardly qualifies as a must have player.
Him getting the best of himself would be great for him but hardly worth worrying about all that much.

So what? I'd be really happy with Ricky Mott because the ruck is an area we need to address.
Because he was one of the best small forward options in the draft and we need a small forward.
Out of interest who do you think we should have taken instead?

Last edited:
There's just so many list spaces a team can fill.
The problem is we have 6 players on the list that prefer playing inside midfielders (Ed Curnow, Hewett, Setterfield, Cripps, Kennedy, Dow) and 7 who are half back flankers (Williams, Saad, Newman, Williamson, Docherty, Stocker, Boyd). Compare that 3 key position forwards (Harry, Charlie, Young) and 3 key position backs (Weitering, Oscar, Young) - Gov, March and Akuei are not KPPs - and I think the list is still alarmingly unbalanced. Hopefully it gets addressed at the end of the year when a few of these guys come out of contract.

I want us to go to thre draft or trade up into next year's draft.
We can trade our first this year if needed as Kemp and philp were both first round draft choices.

The problem is we have 6 players on the list that prefer playing inside midfielders (Ed Curnow, Hewett, Setterfield, Cripps, Kennedy, Dow) and 7 who are half back flankers (Williams, Saad, Newman, Williamson, Docherty, Stocker, Boyd). Compare that 3 key position forwards (Harry, Charlie, Young) and 3 key position backs (Weitering, Oscar, Young) - Gov, March and Akuei are not KPPs - and I think the list is still alarmingly unbalanced. Hopefully it gets addressed at the end of the year when a few of these guys come out of contract.
Brander is not a kpp either tbf

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has the size but not the physicality. Lead up 3rd tall or wing is his go.
He basically walked out on West Coast because Simpson continually played him on the wing. He has stated that he sees himself as a traditional centre half forward and wants to play there like he did as a junior. Whether or not he’s good enough is to do so is another thing.

He basically walked out on West Coast because Simpson continually played him on the wing. He has stated that he sees himself as a traditional centre half forward and wants to play there like he did as a junior. Whether or not he’s good enough is to do so is another thing.
Yes I know how he sees himself, but of his 22 games to date he's shown no desire for, or capability in the contest at all. The best stoppers like May would destroy him. 3rd tall is his go, so he might get a shot with the Giants in that role. He's no KPF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be more interested if poster could provide that information before the draft

He won't provide that as it would fall outside the one and only thing he brings to this forum - criticism of our recruiting.

Hindsight recruiters are gross and frankly laughable, and this bloke is up there with the worst of them.

Ignore.

That’s a decisive bold move - I like it
These 3 guys were simply not up to it
Don’t agree not up to it, but certainly no pressure to jump. Hopefully all play in our twos and have more time to audition. With Covid interruptions there will be mid season bargains and with Covid protocols they may get an audition from our seconds.

A number of players OOC at end of year. I think some will be somewhat obvious delist/trade at the moment. But LOB has won me over last two weeks (not to say there still aren't some growth areas). And I've always been a fan of Kennedy, but last two weeks he seems to have gone next level with consistency.

My question, given LOB and Kennedy are FA for life, how will this affect possible negotiations (if they can remain where they're currently at)? If they produce what they have for rest of year, I can see other clubs making offers.

A number of players OOC at end of year. I think some will be somewhat obvious delist/trade at the moment. But LOB has won me over last two weeks (not to say there still aren't some growth areas). And I've always been a fan of Kennedy, but last two weeks he seems to have gone next level with consistency.

My question, given LOB and Kennedy are FA for life, how will this affect possible negotiations (if they can remain where they're currently at)? If they produce what they have for rest of year, I can see other clubs making offers.
yeah, it's the risk with moving players to the rookie list now. Just gotta hope that they're happy here and want to stay for the chance of some kind of success.

Probably gives them a little bit of extra leverage at the table, but I think ultimately the club would offer them a deal they think is fair, haggle for a little, but after that would be prepared to let them walk rather than being 'held to ransom', so to speak. Not that I particularly believe either player would do that, but it's a possibility.

Kinda annoying, because it's looking like a great way to get underperforming early draft pick players to step up! Kennedy well & truly and Lochie appears to be following in his footsteps. Maybe we'll have to move Dow & Setters to the rookie list next year to get them to realise their potential and force their way into the 22...

A concern, but not a huge issue for mine. We will have some list changes that will balance it out unless Bam Bam gets a grandfather offer we can’t afford. He loves the club, so will take a monster deal.

As the pecking order and contract listings sit Dow and Setterfield will get dramatically reduced offers at the end of the year.
Ed and Newnes can and probably will free up some cash. Already have Jones “savings”. Marchbank and Cuningham will be reduced, or gone if can’t get on the park.

Philp remains contracted, missing from last night, midfielders Walsh, Stocker and Carroll need to be wedged in to a fit squad. Scared Wet Toast will come big time for Carroll, so hoping he gets game time, but going to be hard fitting him in. Sorry Dow fans, but I have never been enamoured despite some excellent offensive cameos, so happy to go past him and reckon the pecking order and salary cap restraints will see him gone. Pick up some speculators through the draft.

According to 'Carlton Football Club Team List and Contract Status' thread we have possibly 22 players OOC at end of year. Technically we need to 'delist' 3 players (via various means). 1 will be Jones, meaning only 2 others. But I can see more at this stage.

My question, if we don't take a player in mid year draft, will Jones' 'retirement' (with I assume reduced payout) give us more 'salary cap banking'? Seems like we will still have some flexibility, even with some significant 'ins' from the past couple of years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back