List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, only problem is who helps TDK in the ruck?
I think if Weitering is fine and with a good pre-season into Marchbank, Young should be able to give him a chop out when required. McGovern can be used as a swing man if necessary. Harry can take a chunk of the forward ruck work similar to Hawkins.

I just don’t think using Pittonet is the way forward, he’s a very good centre bounce tap ruckman, but gee especially on Saturday when I was at the game when he has the ball in hand it’s scary to watch, no confidence in him bar his tap work and the way the game is moving even though it’s his main job we can’t have such one dimensional players running around.

You look at the sides with the better rucks in the comp, Gawn and Jackson, Grundy and Cameron, Blicavs when rucking, English are like an extra mid when the ball hits the ground which is the mould I see TDK in.
Pittonet I liken more to the bash and crash style of Nankervis and Darcy, although the other two I still think are much better with ball in hand, I fear this style of ruckman will be gone and forgotten in the near future.

This is what we have marking/leading forwards for.
There's been patches where SOS has been great at this role, lead up HFF type on the wing. Think it's hard to do it when he's 2nd ruck though, stamina wise he'd be pretty taxed to start going on long wing leads then compete against guys 10cm and 20kgs bigger than him in a wrestle.

I just don’t think using Pittonet is the way forward, he’s a very good centre bounce tap ruckman, but gee especially on Saturday when I was at the game when he has the ball in hand it’s scary to watch, no confidence in him bar his tap work and the way the game is moving even though it’s his main job we can’t have such one dimensional players running around.
Reckon we should be judging Pitto on what he did in the first 5 rounds when he was fit, rather than the end of the year when he was coming back from a major knee injury and was clearly struggling.

Reckon we should be judging Pitto on what he did in the first 5 rounds when he was fit, rather than the end of the year when he was coming back from a major knee injury and was clearly struggling.
Fair call, I personally think Pittonet was made to look better by Cripps playing one of the best opening months of individual football I’ve ever seen.

Don’t get me wrong, very happy to have Pittonet in the list, but he’s a backup to TDK going forward for me.

Oh and if we get less than a top 30 pick for Dow, we need to pack it in.
Dow is a draft bust and happens to every team. Sadly for us we took him so high.

Top 30 is great if we could get it! But put it this way as the more we keep him around giving him chances while he continues to be mediocre his currency falls further. If we are pulling the trigger on Dow it needs to be this off season and to be frank he couldn’t do anything with Half our Mids missing this season and no way he makes it into the team if we can keep Crippa / Walsh / Cerra / Kennedy and Hewitt all fit.

It is time to move on Dow I reckon.

To win a flag??
He has 3 and doubt that is his main motivation. Seems to be a proud 1 club player and good luck to him as much as I would be throwing a fair bit at him even at his age.

At this rate, be prepared to say adios to a few players;

Ed Curnow,
Parks,
OMac,
Williamson,
Fogarty,
Newnes (delisted and rookied perhaps).

Trade bait in my view:
Dow,
Stocker,
LOB,
Setterfield,
Fisher,
Plowman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed Curnow,
Parks,
OMac,
Williamson,
Fogarty,

Trade bait in my view:
Dow,
Stocker,
LOB,
Setterfield,
Fisher,
Plowman
Agree with everything but Fisher.

Agree with everything but Fisher.
Sometimes you have to give up a bit of cream to get better team balance. Fisher is an almost there for mine, not sure he's going to take the next leap with us, but to a WA team he might be very very tempting. West Coast looking to freshen things up may bite... as well Freo who are now in contention so they'll be less interested in the draft and be looking for ready made.

Dow is a draft bust and happens to every team. Sadly for us we took him so high.

Top 30 is great if we could get it! But put it this way as the more we keep him around giving him chances while he continues to be mediocre his currency falls further. If we are pulling the trigger on Dow it needs to be this off season and to be frank he couldn’t do anything with Half our Mids missing this season and no way he makes it into the team if we can keep Crippa / Walsh / Cerra / Kennedy and Hewitt all fit.

It is time to move on Dow I reckon.
I don't feel he is genuinely worse than Kennedy or Setterfield, he's just lost confidence in his role* at the club, and he's not what Voss wants in his system as things stand. I think he's a fool for doing that, but you've got to look what players in his list position typically go for, and that's a low first to mid second.

If we can't get that and turn it into a genuine difference maker, we need to retain him. The coaches should be trying to figure out how to use elite acceleration from the contest (hint: it's not difficult), and the fitness staff should be given input on how that can be best executed while maintain defensive running requirements.

EDIT: clarified comments

Last edited:
Oh and if we get less than a top 30 pick for Dow, we need to pack it in.
Got muppets saying lets take a third round pick for Dow. And when I say a pick in the late 20s or early 30s, people say I'm rating him too high. I think that if North wants him, they will happily cough up their second round pick for him. He would be the inside mid they can rebuild their midfield around.

Bruest doesn’t play like traditional small forward and is bigger than he looks. Good over head and can kick from 50 out accurately. Owies and Durdin I am delisting or trading one of them if we had the chance to get Luke Bruest. Motlop not going anywhere and imagine how much he would flourish with Bruest in the team.
We're obviously not going to delist or trade Durdin. Second year player who played basically every game fit. Projects well.

Sometimes you have to give up a bit of cream to get better team balance. Fisher is an almost there for mine, not sure he's going to take the next leap with us, but to a WA team he might be very very tempting. West Coast looking to freshen things up may bite... as well Freo who are now in contention so they'll be less interested in the draft and be looking for ready made.
I'm not convinced of this in the case of Fisher.

He's one of the very few players we have who actually has some nous and creativity trying to hit targets inside 50. In fact when it comes to inside 50 entries from the 60-70m mark I don't think I'd pick anyone in the team before Fisher to deliver it, he is very good at hitting targets on angles and in soft spots.

I think he's much more than a cream player with our dynamic of midfielders/wingers and their tendency to crudely bomb high and long inside 50 with little shrewdness. Fishers input is a crucial one and one in my opinion we need to exploit more.

Got muppets saying lets take a third round pick for Dow. And when I say a pick in the late 20s or early 30s, people say I'm rating him too high. I think that if North wants him, they will happily cough up their second round pick for him. He would be the inside mid they can rebuild their midfield around.

Probably the one area North don't need - LDU, Simpkin, JHF assisted by an aging Cunnington will serve them pretty well in the rebuild. They need key position players.

I think we will be disappointed with the compensation for Dow like we were with SPS but that has worked out for us with the astute pick up of Young for SPS pick.

No chance any team giving up a 2nd round pick for Dow who played two games this year, and could not get a game with Walsh/Kennedy/Hewitt all out.

Ed Curnow,
Parks,
OMac,
Williamson,
Fogarty,

Trade bait in my view:
Dow,
Stocker,
LOB,
Setterfield,
Fisher,
Plowman

LOB, Setterfield and Plowman - i dont think you get anything for them in a trade, may as well keep them as depth and seems LOB is getting a 2 year contract. Setters had a good final 2 games but we've also seen some rubbish from him but for me is depth player. Plow, we know what he offers, can be solid, can be ordinary but again, may as well keep if we arent getting anything for him (which i dont think we would)

If we were wanting to trade a get 3rd rounder or better then you'd need to look at the likes of Fisher, JSOS, Martin, Stocker. Im not sure im trading any of them for picks unless its too good to turn down - id look at a player swap if we can get an upgrade of sorts (say JSOS for a slightly taller, faster 3rd fwd)

I'm not convinced of this in the case of Fisher.

He's one of the very few players we have who actually has some nous and creativity trying to hit targets inside 50. In fact when it comes to inside 50 entries from the 60-70m mark I don't think I'd pick anyone in the team before Fisher to deliver it, he is very good at hitting targets on angles and in soft spots.

I think he's much more than a cream player with our dynamic of midfielders/wingers and their tendency to crudely bomb high and long inside 50 with little shrewdness. Fishers input is a crucial one and one in my opinion we need to exploit more.
Part of the reason why we struggling to hit inside 50 targets at times is because players like Fisher and Owies often can't put running pressure on their opponents, whether that's in defence or attack. Owies is of particular concern.

It's all well and good what Fisher can do with time and space, but you see time and time again what happens when the top teams come at us, he suddenly can't do much more than release others by hand. To his credit, he's been taking scoring opportunities by both hands of late, and that certainly helps his case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back