List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he is worth holding onto for his last contract year if all we'd get is a 3rd round pick. Unless of course we have a good use for that pick.

I don't know, he has elite attributes as a pure inside midfielder. That's where he offers value, there and only there. If we don't see a job for him there, then yeah sure - send him off.
If you showed that 15m of 2021 highlights to people, they'd call him a somewhat balanced midfielder. It's all there.

It's 70% system & tactics, 20% confidence, 10% cardio.

If you showed that 15m of 2021 highlights to people, they'd call him a somewhat balanced midfielder. It's all there.

It's 70% system & tactics, 20% confidence, 10% cardio.
The reason he isn't in the side would be the 2hr45m tape of stuff he doesn't do right.....

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly and only Motlop has that potential on our list IMO but he is still a kid and we can’t put that pressure on him.

Owies and Durdin are rubbish who are just scrappers who bob up once every 6 weeks.

Really harsh on both players mate, especially Durdin who is still a kid still finding his feet at AFL level.

He will be a much more consistent performer within 12-24 months, i am certain.

I hear you on this but I felt that Durdin was being gifted games late in the season. If Breust is in our team then I want Durdin and Honey to knock the door down taking that spot off him. They need to earn it.

I think the chances of Breust coming to us is virtually nil the more I think about it. If he leaves the Hawks, and thats a big if, I only see a reunion with Clarkson at North

The reason he isn't in the side would be the 2hr45m tape of stuff he doesn't do right.....

Also true, I’m on the fence with Dow. Has had a lot of chances and on exposed form doesn’t look good.

His best though is absolutely brilliant, lots of flashy moments.

I fear I’m sucked in by his best that he is unable to consistently produce.

Bullshit. You're all doing it again.

Unlike the SPS situation, Dow has fitness and form on his side here. This is a player who can genuinely turn it around, and frankly was until Voss and co decided not to let him.

Really harsh on both players mate, especially Durdin who is still a kid still finding his feet at AFL level.

He will be a much more consistent performer within 12-24 months, i am certain.
It is his kicking and lack of over head marking ability I question. Regardless of age these attributes are hard to improve. Typical scrapper types that can’t win their own ball and rely on others scraps to hit the scoreboard not to mention they are not real good defensively either.

Just my opinion and we need a 3rd marking target that can nail a goal from 50m out and neither Owies or Durdin offer this as it is Harry or Charlie and then nothing aerial wise let alone nailing a set shot from 50.

Watching Elliot kill us every time we play the Pies should reinforce this. Medium size forwards who are deadly by foot and can mark a ball are worth their weight in gold especially with our twin towers next to them and it is our missing link that Owies and Durdin cannot achieve.

Think it’s just back to the draft now. I would prefer they try and move up rather than take many picks. I think late picks are a total raffle.

Personally I think each year for the next three the goal should be trading picks and players to get the highest picks we can.

We have a lot of capital in the list now. It’s been a great period of accumulation for us.

I am not sure they will want to trade out much. We won’t have the cap space to trade in much.

Could be a super quiet period for us.

I am not proposing this BUT they should think through:

• trading TDK who could attract a high pick, or good player and cap space
  • salary dump McGovern or Williams

Just a thought. They probably end up doing none of those. And I’m not really pushing it. More thinking about moves that could be pulled.
I'm all for trading up the order but I really think we should have four picks minimum and I also think we've done our best work when we haven't been under pressure to nail each selection. If we go to the draft with minimum selections and a specific order of priorities, I don't think we'll do as well as we need to.

Fair call, I personally think Pittonet was made to look better by Cripps playing one of the best opening months of individual football I’ve ever seen.

Don’t get me wrong, very happy to have Pittonet in the list, but he’s a backup to TDK going forward for me.

Not close to being ready to being number 1 ruck IMO.

It is his kicking and lack of over head marking ability I question. Regardless of age these attributes are hard to improve. Typical scrapper types that can’t win their own ball and rely on others scraps to hit the scoreboard not to mention they are not real good defensively either.

Just my opinion and we need a 3rd marking target that can nail a goal from 50m out and neither Owies or Durdin offer this as it is Harry or Charlie and then nothing aerial wise let alone nailing a set shot from 50.

Watching Elliot kill us every time we play the Pies should reinforce this. Medium size forwards who are deadly by foot and can mark a ball are worth their weight in gold especially with our twin towers next to them and it is our missing link that Owies and Durdin cannot achieve.
Are we complaining about Durdin's ability in an aerial contest? It's actually really good for a small forward. It's not Eddie Betts level, but it's not as far off as you might think.

Motlop also contests in the air too... then you've got Owies who at least tried to learn the basics... then you've got Fisher who doesn't even bother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow cannot run out a full game in the middle as his tank is not up to it.

He has dubious disposal / Small framed limiting contested ball wins / Totally shits himself in a hard contest / Mediocre tackler and if you look closely even when in the team or starting 22 he needs to be rested every 8 mins cause he is gassed.

He is just not up to it at AFL level and people are being blinded because he was such a high pick. If Dow was taken at #47 he would be gone already.

His junior form was good but AFL level has found him out and he won’t be the last either. It happens and some kids just don’t go on. Kevin Sheehan stated on the night he was drafted his ball use regarding disposal was an issue by foot but we took him anyway and the rest is history….. Shifter Sheehan rarely states weaknesses in the kids as well on draft night.

I was like here we go we have drafted a turnover merchant by foot at #4! 😩😏
Wasn't he #2?

Are we complaining about Durdin's ability in an aerial contest? It's actually really good for a small forward. It's not Eddie Betts level, but it's not as far off as you might think.

Motlop also contests in the air too... then you've got Owies who at least tried to learn the basics... then you've got Fisher who doesn't even bother.
I have no problems with opinions mate and we are all searching for answers after a horrid finish to the season. To me we need an accurate medium sized forward next to Harry and Charlie that can nail a goal from 50m. Currently we don’t have that option and Fisher is not a full time forward.

There are a few options out there but the player in the Bruest mould is exactly what we need. Can we get him most likely not but it is the the target we should be aiming for I reckon.

He can't. Never has. If it happened going forward, that would be an anomaly.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
21 games in 2016 and 22 games in 2017 would suggest otherwise.

Granted it's a fair while back. But it can happen and could happen again. Would solve a lot of problems for us if it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back