List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How completely incompetent is this club delisting Stocker before the trade period.
Why would a club trade for him when they can pick him up as a delisted free agent? Let’s be honest, there aren’t going to be 17 other clubs chasing him, so on the very off chance there is 1 club interested, they can pick him up for nothing.

He's an elite kick in the VFL, not in the AFL. He often made mistakes by foot and generally looked a cut below in terms of ball use when playing in the 1s. Not sure if that was due to confidence, pace of the game or what but he most certainly never showed his elite skills in the AFL.
He did last year was nailing 50 meter passes from the backline

It was the first game v Collingwood. Two left foot howlers. Was promptly dropped. But never given a fair run at it whilst Plowman was allowed to turn it over at will and survive multiple games.
Plowman turning it over at will? Disposal efficiency was 83.9%, kick efficiency 78.7% and averaged only 1.4 turnovers a game (for reference Weitering averaged 2.2, Young 1.9, Stocker 3.0, Newman 2.5, Saad 3.7)

Plowman turning it over at will? Disposal efficiency was 83.9%, kick efficiency 78.7% and averaged only 1.4 turnovers a game (for reference Weitering averaged 2.2, Young 1.9, Stocker 3.0, Newman 2.5, Saad 3.7)

Im talking about his last 3-4 games before being dropped. Made awful howlers. Many. In every game. Happy to stand by that. He was fine before then.

Well yes I guess we have to move on but if you want an explanation around why we have not played finals in 9 years, have a read through our drafting from the past 15 years. At what point do players show some accountability for their own development?
Im so not getting your being contrary to my response.
I gave a reason for why draftees maybe were not developed as they should have been.

I never said once it was all on the club, and the players had no responsibility to want to improve themselves.

I just said the environment and culture was at rock bottom.

Thats it

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm so p1$$ed right now.......we have spent 20 years looking for the next athletic Kouta and still have learned nothing about natural footballers.
I thought Bossy was better than that but here we are. This is a kick in the guts and to think who we just re-signed....FMD. I need a decent break over summer.....
Maybe Vossy saw something day in day out at training that he did not like about Liam Stocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised by this and bitterly disappointed. Above all else I hope the man himself is OK.

Some of our 'supporters' in this thread ought to be embarrassed. Celebrating someone losing their livelihood is gross but it's from the usual suspects so I guess I can't say I'm surprised.

Im so not getting your being contrary to my response.
I gave a reason for why draftees maybe were not developed as they should have been.

I never said once it was all on the club, and the players had no responsibility to want to improve themselves.

I just said the environment and culture was at rock bottom.

Thats it

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just don't understand how our development can be the primary cause. Surely you draft psychologically resilient young guys who are self motivated and self driven for success? That's almost my number 1 criteria for drafting a player because if they don't have that, talent doesn't matter.

Unfortunately rough on Stocker, but I can understand the rationale for his delisting, his body and unlucky run with injuries let him down.

List spots are at a premium These days, and we have to pragmatic, if not ruthless about these tough decisions.

Hope he does well at his new club

SOS didn't seem to put a high value on endurance and in hindsight it was a poor decision.

Stocker, Dow, SPS and Fisher were drafted as mids and none of them have good endurance. At least Fish has made it as a half forward and SPS turned into Young.

Could add Kennedy to this even though he's had a breakout year...his TOG is still low and we know Cripps isn't a great runner. The midfield balance was all out of whack...you wouldn't want to play more than 2-3 of Cripps, Kennedy, Setterfield or Dow in the same team and that doesn't even include Stocker and SPS.

So much about the game and being a strong midfield is simply having the physical capabilities to apply massive pressure and run hard all game...just look at Richmond during their premiership run and teams like Sydney, Geelong and Collingwood. A team with a few liabilities in this area will get sliced up even if they are talented.

And the AFL want quicker, higher scoring games and have introduced new rules to achieve this. SOS missed this trend.

Perhaps SOS thought the club would develop the players endurance over time. Many experts have pointed to our poor development program.

Stocker looked heavy on his return but he had a footy brain & seemed not to panic under pressure (unlike 50%+ of our top 22)!

Basically we recruited too many big midfielders and Hewitt meant he was one down the pecking order if he could build the endurance.

Like BSOS lots of upside for Stocker if he wants it and shows the drive to continue working hard and improve his fitness.

Our potential targets this year aren’t going to take us to the promised land without internal improvement from those already here who haven’t already peaked.

Maybe Stock just cant be arsed with the AFL and all of the virtue signalling, media bullying,
Overly critical and downright hateful 'supporters',..

Maybe footy has become a chore and he wants some normality in his life.
Considering his well publicised battles with mental illness, maybe he's aware of the wirk he needs to do to cement a spot in the best 22, and knows in his heart of hearts hes either not up to it, or as i stated initially...cant be arsed!

Footy is not the be all and end all to everyone.
Actually to most people it isnt that important.

To the supporters it may seem like wasted opportunity or laziness, but to the player it might be case of "fk this shtshow im outta here and about bloody time".

Seriously though that one caught me off guard. Would have thought he’s in front of at least a dozen on our list.

Surely we could have got some trade value at him?

Geezee it’s starting to look like we have had a lot of midfield busts from SOS drafts

Stocker, Dow, Lob, SPS…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back