List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drafting is an absolute crap-shoot (outside of your obvious Sam walshes). Genuinely look through the top 25 of each draft and think geez are these blokes any good now?
Don’t harbor any I’ll thoughts to SOS for a pick swap to grab him, they took a punt, at least sos was good for doing SOMETHING.
Stocker had something many don’t, which is why he captured our hearts, he liked to hit and he flew the flag, but it’s not enough to counter any deficiencies in fitness or game. It didn’t work out, just like it won’t for so many others. Hope this kicks him into gear and he gets a spot elsewhere and proves us wrong. We’re over stocked (oops) in the back line for small defenders so something has to give.
Can’t keep paying blokes that aren’t making the difference if there is a simple way to switch them for a new, untried, Undrafted youngster that might make a difference, back to the crap-shoot.
Drafting is luck, so we roll again

Im talking about his last 3-4 games before being dropped. Made awful howlers. Many. In every game. Happy to stand by that. He was fine before then.
In 2 of the 4 games before he was dropped he had an 80% and 100%. The other 2 were 56% and 64%. So if you say he was fine prior to his last 4 games, and 2 of those 4 were good… I guess you think overall his season was ok!

Possibly, same with Ed (whom I love - but list management requires tough love), but I know I wouldn't want Ed in a side picked for a GF due to his continual turnovers, and that was before he had 12 months out. I guess 6 spots is enough anyway. Setters and Plowman need to be depth and go no where near the side except in Dire, Dire, Dire emergency.
FMD . Carroll has 3 things Stoker doesn’t.
Footy smarts, kicking skills and fitness .
He also has two less years so far.

In 2 of the 4 games before he was dropped he had an 80% and 100%. The other 2 were 56% and 64%. So if you say he was fine prior to his last 4 games, and 2 of those 4 were good… I guess you think overall his season was ok!

Bro, go back and look at my posts. You can use the search function. I was extremely supportive of him throughout the season. He was playing very well. But I call a spade a spade and he forked it up badly those last 3-4 games. There was a reason he got dropped. I saw what I saw. No bias here.

Perhaps SOS thought the club would develop the players endurance over time. Many experts have pointed to our poor development program.

Stocker looked heavy on his return but he had a footy brain & seemed not to panic under pressure (unlike 50%+ of our top 22)!

Basically we recruited too many big midfielders and Hewitt meant he was one down the pecking order if he could build the endurance.

Like BSOS lots of upside for Stocker if he wants it and shows the drive to continue working hard and improve his fitness.

Our potential targets this year aren’t going to take us to the promised land without internal improvement from those already here who haven’t already peaked.
Maybe delisted Russell..carnt keep guy on the Park.. brings them back 2 early and carnt get guys AFL fit

Where's the source to the alleged fact (if you believe whats being said here) that the club wronged him and threw this untapped superstar on the scrapheap?

Fair's fair?!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mine's an opinion. My comments come with 'IMO' and 'I have no doubt in MY mind'. They are supported by factual evidence ie the OTC summary. The other is a statement, and tongue in cheek from what I've been told.

And just going back to what I said re him being dropped for that one moment was in the heat of the decision from a hotheaded Stocker man lover looking for any excuse. But it may also have contributed somewhat.

Carroll is quite possibly the worst kick on our list. IMO.
What on earth are you talking about? He'd be one of our best kicks we have especially through the midfield. Dow, Setterfield, Plowman, Young, Newnes, Fogarty, Kemp, Cotters... the list goes on. Sounds like you watched his game on the weekend in the soaking wet and made up your mind based on a single poor game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel weird about messaging Stock on Instagram but I want to send a positive message thanking him for his time with the Blues and his open attitude towards mental health.

Any other way besides insta?
Just knock on his window instead of sitting in the tree with binoculars.....

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What on earth are you talking about? He'd be one of our best kicks we have especially through the midfield. Dow, Setterfield, Plowman, Young, Newnes, Fogarty, Kemp, Cotters... the list goes on. Sounds like you watched his game on the weekend in the soaking wet and made up your mind based on a single poor game.

I havent had time to watch the twos. Im going by his three game cameo during the year. Technically unsound. Awful ball drop. Reminds me of Simon Beaumont (who could still play BTW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back