List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like everything else on social media/opinion based forums, the ability to separate the gold from the numptiness determines how depressing this (and every other team board) gets.
Breust or Gunston would be perfect.

The likes of Motlop/Durdin etc would learn a lot from them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yup agree with you, both of the players mentioned, offer forward craft, much needed experience and good footy IQ, invaluable attributes during game time.

I think this has been the sacrifice we've made with SOS going into the ruck.

He used to have good forward nous, knew how to find space or find targets in/around 50. Just general smarts, seemed a somewhat natural forward even if he was physically limited. Then we've had to stop developing that in him and get him in the ruck, now he gets lost inside 50 and doesn't really have an impact anymore.

I'd love for him to get a decent run playing purely as a 3rd/medium forward for a stretch and see if he can find his niche in there.

11 goals in his first 8 games this season, and only 6 goals from his last 13 games, supports this.

I'd like to think that if we can play Weiters, Young, Gov and Marchy in the back 7 mix, then Young could take a few centre bounce ruck contests without us being left undermanned down back.

Happy for JSOS to do a little forward 50 rucking, but let him play predominantly as a forward and he'll be good for 30ish goals.

Surely Acres is just a small upgrade on Newnes... I'd rather try Cuningham on the wing and hope like hell he gets a good run at it
Reckon he'd be awesome on the wing, along with LOB and Cotts, or as above Cerra and Walsh on the wing
Setters in the guts where he belongs with Crippa and MK..

If Cuningham still isn’t back 15-16 months after doing his ACL I don’t have high hopes of him playing again, let alone being best 22.

Agree, i thought setterfeild was solid and one of our better players in the 1st qtr when others were shitting the bed - did have a lot of kicks under pressure so just bombed it but thats what happens when you play in tight.

talk of him being better than kennedy seems strange (by others) - setters probably keeps his spot on the list with his last 2 games but is depth if we are all fit and firing.

If Setters impresses in pre season he could go ahead of Kennedy, but as it stands Kennedy still ahead of him.

What it does show though is if Kennedy is playing low % game time then Setters could and should play more minutes on ball if he is selected to play on a wing.

Voss said Walsh was never a chance yet that doesn't stop some from questioning the character of one of the most committed footballers we've seen walk through the club's doors in decades.

Unbelievable.
The poster was not questioning the character of Walsh at all, it was probably more linked to the fact in the most important game, if it could have been managed better from our conditioning department, l believe with the volume of injuries we continue to have it is not unreasonable to suggest this area needs to be improved so we can our list in better health across the season.

Just kicked 40 goals this season in an average team. His 40 goals for us would've been huge. Our 3 small forwards combined didn't get that.

He's physically perhaps not what he was but he has something very few in our team do; forward nous and a natural goal sense. He knows how to find space inside 50 and barely needs a step to know where the big sticks are.

I’d love Breust and think it would be a massive help for Durdin and Motlop.

Unpopular opinion as he's a much loved player by many including me... We need to replace JSOS in the team with a better suited role player. He tries his guts out but you can't tell me we wouldn't be better off with a tailor made Mid sized fwd or an extra small with quality footskills and footy smarts. Simply doesn't hit the scoreboard enough and the ruck role is at times detrimental to our success.

Issue we face with him is he's a leader out there and one of our heart and soul players. He needs to either find the goals more often or be replaced with Honey or someone we can bring in via draft or trade.
I'd try him at FB in preseason. Decent in air and at ground level to lock it up when the ball falls so we dont get killed by smalls, plays with desperation, is physical and a decent kick. Could play far worse players behind the ball in DEF. His tackles tend to stick as well.

Would be a good pivot point for switching out of defence and kick outs to running players on the flanks. Also offers a mid sized defensive option.

Didn't like seeing Saad take kick ins. He should have been receiving short and running up the line to get the ball over the pack to the wing, so the ball didn't always just land on the oppo ruckmans head at HBF.

There are roles that he can still play, and I'd hate to see him go before those options are explored

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m sorry… WTF? Willo just got a try out at Norf in the VFL, there’s a good chance he might get picked up by them which means we get a compo pick. As for Dow, he’s worth more than pick 40ish. If he goes, he goes for a late 20s or early 30s pick. There is no way we will roll over and accept a third round pick for him.

I thought Hayes got an 18 month deal as a rookie… which means we don’t need to worry about him til next year. Cunners, I think, will get put on the rookie list and let run in the VFL for next season so he can get his body right before making a come back late next year.

I’d forget about pick 28 for Acres… the two compo picks should be sufficient to get him. I’d be using pick 28 to pry McAsey out of Adelaide.

No way anyone gives us a pick that high for Dow, classic case of overrating our own players.

If he can only get 2 games for us and still not get a game when half the midfield is missing, it shows we don’t rate him, and I doubt any other club does either.

The poster was not questioning the character of Walsh at all, it was probably more linked to the fact in the most important game, if it could have been managed better from our conditioning department, l believe with the volume of injuries we continue to have it is not unreasonable to suggest this area needs to be improved so we can our list in better health across the season.

"I’m not sure Luke Hodge, Trent Cotchin or Joel Selwood miss such an important game due to “soreness”."

This has nothing to do with our conditioning department. It is a direct comparison to other footballers and what they might do in similar circumstances.

Unless it's worded terribly, it's a blatant and unwarranted attack on the character of Walsh.

100% we are.

Beat 5 teams in the top 8. Pansted a red hot Sydney. A kick off Pies and Melbourne. Geelong is the only game we never felt in.

Add a year of fitness and full off season developing layers of the gameplan and a transition game.

That alone probably wins us an extra game or two.

Add a class mid sized forward such as breust and get 14 games out of Goldy, we potentially win an extra game or two.

That has us in the top 4 and absolutely challenging. Given age profile, we should be able to improve across the board somewhat.

Sydney will be better but a few of their best players are wrong side of 30.

Pies still rely in a few old blokes and Degoey will be gone.

Geelong won't be better and you would think might be slightly worse.

Richmond on the decline. Brisbane is a joke away from the gabba. Bulldogs possibly better depending on their very young talls.

Freo is hard to judge.

I would think we are absolutely a chance for top 4 and a flag. s**t, we were this year barring a 2 month psychiatric break down.

This is the time to top up with experienced guys chasing flags on low salary.

Top 4 should be the aim, definitely shouldn’t be lower than 5th/6th.

Probably need to win 14 to get a home final week 1, and 16 to get top 4.

So somewhere between 2-4 wins more.

Need a good pre season, better injury management (both by the club and the players themselves).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss said Walsh was never a chance yet that doesn't stop some from questioning the character of one of the most committed footballers we've seen walk through the club's doors in decades.

Unbelievable.

Then he should have been ruled out on Friday when the team was named not an hour before the game.

Ok - I’ve escaped the asylum (AKA the flock). Here’s my uneducated take. Grab a coffee.

Injuries again slowed our progress and left us wide open. Unfortunate end but we’re heading in the right direction. This’ll sting them and they’ll come back bigger and better. We have an excellent midfield. We have a potent forward line. Our backs are very good.

When TDK went out for Pitto - we did what? I think TDK is the future. Head scratching move to drop TDK IMO. Pitto is the Butcher of Lygon Street when he has the ball in the middle. Develop TDK.

Not sure of the negative spin on Young - thought he was excellent and allowed Weiters and Marchy to play more freely.
Setters had two great games to finish the season. Tagged/inside mid. Keeper for mine.
Durdin the Small will be siiiick. 2nd year blues late season though he was very good early. Give him time. Owies is now 3rd string but serviceable.

I want Paddy Dow to succeed (maybe because he was such a high pick) but he just seems to be a seconds player. Too slow for AFL. Trade.
Durdin the big deserves a second contract. OMac just needs to get healthy. Please.
Hayes was excellent I thought, right up to the sling tackle. Huge tank and pretty skilled. He’s a hidden gem. Smart footballer.
Tear the Band-Aid off and play Kemp. Younger cheaper McGovern type who can play on ball too.
Lieu(?) deserves a rookie spot. Undersized but worth a closer look.
Don’t delist our experienced players over youth. Kids don’t always develop and are projects from day one. Players like Newnes, Plowman and Newman aren’t killers but are good smart footballers that plug the injury holes. (If not injured themselves). Youth leaves us wide open - again. Develop in 2’s.

Trade/FA - McAsey is a no-brainer for mine. Was a No. 6 pick for a reason. Bigs take time - see Young. For a 2nd or later. Really. Can never have enough healthy defensive bigs - we should know.
Acres - meh. A mate who’s a STK, said ‘DONT’ and ‘Showbag’. ???
Scholl - meh also.

Draft - George. Has that potential of a DeGoey (or that loose cannon from GWS) type - minus the brain farts I hope. A need.
There’s a Saints NGA indigenous player who’s name escapes me. (Arrow - what’s his name?) Get another Top 40 pick and we can snag him without Saints matching. Excitement machine apparently. Med Fwd.

Wing - Johanisen from WBD? Move Williams and Saad upfield and let ‘‘em run. Ala Chris Yarran. Have plenty of HBF to cover. Doc, Stock and Barrel. (Oops). LOB and Cotters got better on the wing also. Continue to develop.

Come at me - gently. I’ve just come back. Baaaaaaaaaaa!
Agree with 99% of that. Put a line through OMac. Can't carry him for a 3rd season.

Thank you this is 100% what I was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back