List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Thank goodness someone who sees sense. He has played 41 games in 7 years. How long do we continue to wait for him to 'Develop'
Don’t think it’s a development issue more a body issue. Man hasn’t been injury free ever. Unfortunately for him has the talent but the body won’t hold up. Stocker is depth at best. No tank kick isn’t elite. Has the toughness but so did mitch robinson.
Nick Austin is good at his job.

Coz Clarkson wanted him for free.
Thinking outside the square...if Stocker has been delisted with a view to getting to NM as a Carlton plant, and then stays back doing extra hours in the gym on the expectation that just he and Clarkson will be the last two there one night, at which point he tears Clarkson's arms from their sockets and mercilessly beats him with his own arms until he is just a bloodied pulp that garbles an apology to Aitken...that would make more sense than the delisting alone.

Thinking outside the square...if Stocker has been delisted with a view to getting to NM as a Carlton plant, and then stays back doing extra hours in the gym on the expectation that just he and Clarkson will be the last two there one night, at which point he tears Clarkson's arms from their sockets and mercilessly beats him with his own arms until he is just a bloodied pulp that garbles an apology to Aitken...that would make more sense than the delisting alone.
F… me what a imagination, did u think of that all by yourself?

Don’t think it’s a development issue more a body issue. Man hasn’t been injury free ever. Unfortunately for him has the talent but the body won’t hold up.
Nah, it's more between the ears for him. Like you said, he has the talent, more skills than most of our list TBH, but he doesn't have the hunger or smarts (or mongrel).
Stocker is depth at best. No tank kick isn’t elite.
He is ahead of at least 5 players still on the list.
Has the toughness but so did mitch robinson.
Yet Mitch is playing Finals at his second club. Another one who was delisted when we needed him.
Nick Austin is good at his job.
I agree, but our club does make some stupid decisions. We could have gotten SOMETHING for him!

Makes you wonder what would have happened if Stocker had a Big 2020, yet you can't change the past. Also I don't know the circumstances around him leaving the QLD Hub and going back home either.

I was expecting us to trade a player or two out of left field but I didn’t expect this, a little bit shocked to be honest, if the club didn’t rate Liam enough to offer him a new deal, surely they would have explored a trade first. I would have thought Stocker would have got a 3rd round pick or at worst a 4th.

Both of those scenarios are better than nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Stocker decision, wish we were into Jacob Hopper but doubt we are.

Not sure why Fisher and tdk didn't get a mention? Are we just highlighting the bad ones.
Was referring to that group of selections mentioned. Did go digging out the drafts out of curiosity, it's pretty grim 2016, 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-201847_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-201847_Samsung Internet.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 166
With the Stocker decision, wish we were into Jacob Hopper but doubt we are.

Not sure what one has to do with the other - very different footballers.

Spending $ on Hopper would be a mistake given who we've got in the midfield already. We have far greater needs.

Do we still have the right to trade him in the trade period?

I thought the DFA pickup period is after trade week.

So may be able to trade if there is competitive tension out there?

Weren't we into him about 4 years ago?
Yep but doubt we are this time, annoying to think that clubs like Geelong and Richmond are always aggressive to adding quality to their list each year. Looks like Tigers are gonna get Taranto and Hopper. Players like Scholl doesn’t interest me in who we are rumoured to be adding

I was expecting us to trade a player or two out of left field but I didn’t expect this, a little bit shocked to be honest, if the club didn’t rate Liam enough to offer him a new deal, surely they would have explored a trade first. I would have thought Stocker would have got a 3rd round pick or at worst a 4th.

Both of those scenarios are better than nothing.
But can you trade out an uncontracted player ? And why was he out of contract ?

SOS’ tenure:

1st rounders: Good (all things considered
Mid-range picks: OK
Late picks: Bad
Rookie picks: Bad

No major FA’s, few decent trades - did his best work extracting value out of player trades eg Henderson, Gibbs, Bell.

Fairly middling overall.

Not sure what one has to do with the other - very different footballers.

Spending $ on Hopper would be a mistake given who we've got in the midfield already. We have far greater needs.
Our midfield was garbage before we’d brought in Hewett and Cerra.

Hopper would have been an awesome get, but we wouldn’t have gone after Hewett if we’d already added Hopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back