List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

If he is mysteriously being linked to Collingwood, then he has received at least a low-ball offer. He's continually injured, that's the problem. When he is fit, he is a good ruckman but using even this Essendon game as an example, he's gone down again without warning.

I don't think he has been told he won't be renewed but the reality is that you're lucky to get 12 games out of him in a season and their contract offer will be adjusted accordingly. That's why ruckmen like Fort or Sweet are on their radar. Some senior experience/maturity to fill in the gaps.

Their ruck strategy is bizarre, Teakle wasn't even being played as a ruckman when selected and wasn't up to it, Visentini was thrown to the wolves and Hayes is a vaporous apparition to them.
Lycett would be crazy not to test his Free Agency options where his appeal would be no trade required for a second backup ruckman.
It also puts us on notice to let him know if he is reuired on not.

The good news is, I expect Hayes to play this weekend.
Where he was in good form at the weekend; albeit, it's his last chance saloon moment and I wish him all the best.

I wonder with Charlie on one leg and the good Lord suspended, if they would select both Hayes and Dante.

We need a better lead ruck than Fort. We need to find our Nankervis, the apprentice ruck that is due to break out.

I’d rather go after Nick Bryan than Fort or Sweet.

Or see what we have to do to get Barnett out of WC

Think Grundy is on 600 Ks a year at Melbourne. That’s over 4 more years.

Doesn’t work for them. Can not play him and Gawn.

Smart thing for them to do is admit they got it wrong and do something about it.

Collingwood are paying part of his contract on top of that though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would absolutely be keen as for us to go after Barnett. He’s contracted this year I believe but next year he comes out, west coast will still be a stinking pile of rubbish then.

I loved his work as a junior and reckon he’s a very good prospect.

And this is what you're dealing with when it comes to West Coast.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

Pick 6 and MacDonald is what I would expect for a prime butters / rozee.

What kind of moron thinks barrass is worth that?

On current trajectory he’s likely got 20-40 games left in him before he’s fully cooked.

I’m hoping a contending team (not us) is dumb enough to throw a chunk of cap and trade assets at him.

I would rookie list Nick Moore. He's a better mid than the fringe list fillers we already have. Wins contested ball, kicks goals, tackles, likes a bit of biffo.
Not sure how he would go at AFL level, but he'd be a great option to be SANFL captain. He's over delivered in the middle with Sutcliffe missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The byes gone, when are we going to get a run of contract extensions!?
Faz, Williams, mg, longer it goes on now the more worried we should be
I guess once the afl set the tpp there will be a rush from every club to sign up there players. Just a bit hard to do without knowing atm

You know who we’d have to deal with to get him out of Essendon.
The bloke who makes our wce mate on twitter (a few posts back) look a fair and reasonable man.

I guess once the afl set the tpp there will be a rush from every club to sign up there players. Just a bit hard to do without knowing atm
I think this is a bit of a myth, firstly we are seeing plenty of players around the league renew contracts currently, secondly whats stopping them putting something in the contract that whatever they agree on now will increase in line with the new CBA.

Yeah exactly if you want no tap outs and some around the ground work chuck Lord in there.

At least he offers something.

Feels like they are looking at all the options, Hayes is the last one. (In case of emergency reluctantly break glass).

Perhaps they have worked out a way to work with him not at every boundary line throw in if he can't make it, work with his best attributes whilst work around his deficiencies.

Teakle and Vis gave heaps around the ground too.
Your Point? never mentioned either of them. My point was he sucks apart from tapping the ball and is why they have given up on him, cant just run around from ball up to ball up and give nothing else

Your Point? never mentioned either of them. My point was he sucks apart from tapping the ball and is why they have given up on him, cant just run around from ball up to ball up and give nothing else
It's pretty obvious, that Teakle and Dante also suck around the ground at AFL level right now, and Sam is the far superior tap ruckman, so he's already giving us more than these guys regardless of what he does around the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back