List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood's interest in Lycett probably comes as news to Collingwood. Well played Scott's manager, I'm sure Port's latest offer is commensurate with Scott's ability to get on the oval and he's trying to give it a bump. As Eddie once said, Collingwood get linked to every player who is looking for a better deal from his own club.

I thought Port chasing Fort was the media having a larf, but it sort of makes sense in that he is a ready made option to fill in when Scott will inevitably need a recovery phase and Fort is useful enough to play alongside Scott in some cases. He's a short term option to give Visentini more phasing in time. Fort's also familiar with Adelaide having played a few years at Centrals.

And yes I know Sam Hayes yada yada, but we all know he is dead in the water at Alberton.
Remember when Tex Walker was “offered” a “two year contract with a rival club”….

Eddie, like a stopped clock, is right on an occasion.

Yuck to Fort.

Surely there is better options out there than him?

He'd be about the 40th best ruck in the league and is near on 30...

Would rather just keep Lycett for a few years if we're going down the old ruckman route.

Not many good ones avaliable I guess but even bloody Ned Moyle or Matt Flynn as backups at their clubs would be far better than Fort.

Brisbane’s Darcy Fort and the Western Bulldogs’ Jordon Sweet are among the rival ruckmen Port has shown some interest in. Both their deals expire at the end of the campaign.
Fort, who turns 30 next month, has played six games for the Lions this year, including the past two as the substitute, and 32 matches in total since 2019 for Brisbane and Geelong. If the former Central District SANFL ruckman moved to the Power, it would be as a short-term solution while one-gamer Dante Visentini developed.
Sweet, 25, wants more opportunities at the top level after featuring in 11 matches across five seasons (none in 2023).

There's possibly a up side with Sweet.

He's younger.

He's taller.

A few kilos heavier.

Darcy Fort a decent shot on gaol but neither here nor there with us. Maybe Collingwood a better fit with Billy going forward for them this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back