List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Club has an article out where Cripps goes more in depth into why the trades were made.

Is that the first time the club has needed to put out an explanation to the trade period?

That article didn't explain shit. Didn't even address what Houston might be worth and why we took so much less.

If we were so keen on this draft we wouldn't have traded our natural pick in it for 2 fringe players.

Unless of course... We're incompetent and making it up as we go along.

Seriously pissing down our back and telling us it's raining.

Cripps explanation was basically that we pretty much saw this as our only opportunity to get into this draft and it's the best offer we got. Seems like between our desire to be in this draft and developments in Houstons situation (ie. Really wanted it done), we took the best deal available. I can only assume that Collingwood were well aware that they had the best offer and that they were threatening to walk away from the deal unless we took it yesterday, otherwise, why not give it another day?
The question I haven't heard put to Cripps is what precedent this sets for us. Also, is like to know why we ended up dealing with only North and Collingwood.

The club has no respect for it's supporters. None. We just take the easy option at every opportunity
Agree. Is there a fundamental shift in broader societal expectations around behaviour where everything is becoming precious, soft and woke, and a large portion of the more traditional (older aged) supporter base are a generation that expects more? No one will be surprised to hear I am totally disconnected from the club and what it stands for. I actually despise it.

The club has no respect for it's supporters. None. We just take the easy option at every opportunity
We won't know for a couple of seasons. I'm not overly optimistic but it could be a huge gamble to pay off.

For mine:

Turn Lukosius into an elite forward 60+ goals a season, Richards a match winning small. Pick #13 and 29, Dan Houston replacement, and inside bull midfielder.

Only way the club can turn around and say we took a risk and got it right.

I feel like the whole "Ken is great at keeping and attracting players" might be wearing very thin. At some point, players are going to start recognizing the reputational damage repeated finals failures brings. Dan's brand will grow considerably by getting out from under the zone of irrelevance we've slotted ourselves into.

Cripps explanation was basically that we pretty much saw this as our only opportunity to get into this draft and it's the best offer we got. Seems like between our desire to be in this draft and developments in Houstons situation (ie. Really wanted it done), we took the best deal available. I can only assume that Collingwood were well aware that they had the best offer and that they were threatening to walk away from the deal unless we took it yesterday, otherwise, why not give it another day?
The question I haven't heard put to Cripps is what precedent this sets for us. Also, is like to know why we ended up dealing with only North and Collingwood.

Our best way to get into this superdraft would have been to keep our 2024 1st instead of trading it away last year for Soldo and Ratugolea.

If we'd set a very clear standard that we wouldn't even entertain anything that wasn't 2 firsts, we wouldn't have been backed into a corner by Houston's camp. Instead we dilly dallied.

Look at Richmond getting a kings ransom for their departing stars while we get bent over.

We won't know for a couple of seasons. I'm not overly optimistic but it could be a huge gamble to pay off.

For mine:

Turn Lukosius into an elite forward 60+ goals a season, Richards a match winning small. Pick #13 and 29, Dan Houston replacement, and inside bull midfielder.

Only way the club can turn around and say we took a risk and got it right.

That still wouldn't make it a good trade. The trade value right now suggests we got significant unders. If we'd gotten adequate compensation for Houston we could have hit the draft even harder than in a perfect hypothetical

Our best way to get into this superdraft would have been to keep our 2024 1st instead of trading it away last year for Soldo and Ratugolea.

If we'd set a very clear standard that we wouldn't even entertain anything that wasn't 2 firsts, we wouldn't have been backed into a corner by Houston's camp. Instead we dilly dallied.

Look at Richmond getting a kings ransom for their departing stars while we get bent over.
Theres no way to know this for sure, but I feel like clubs weren't willing to pay that for Houston. That's how high they rate this draft (and clearly we do too). So we made the call that their offer and getting into the draft was with more than having play another year and miss this draft.

Lets hope that Miles Bergman is not tied to Paul Connors.....

We may trade him for a used rubber
Apparently Butters and Bergman are with the same agency (Kapital Sports), not Connors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many 60 goal FWDS are in the comp?

Also, seems we held Soldo to his contract but didn’t want to hold Houston to his? I assume a bad time to try and push into the first round when everyone wants their first round picks this year!

Those are your words, though people at Port have said words eerily similar to that to me 😂
Dude, if it walks like a duck, then it is a duck and as a woman who is trying to pave the way for a better world in which my daughters reside, it is my prerogative to call this shit out.

Club has an article out where Cripps goes more in depth into why the trades were made.

Is that the first time the club has needed to put out an explanation to the trade period?
Perhaps they are finally waking up to the stench that is the port Adelaide football club. I am not going to be surprised if there is huge drop off in memberships and revenue in 2025.

In Lukosius, Richards, Atkins, SPP*
Out Dixon, McKenzie, McCallum

So we need to make at least 4 more delistings.

Kyle Marshall, Scully, Narkle, F Evans (maybe Boak).

That only leaves us with three picks, doubtful we will only take three.

So we are in the realms of delisting contracted players, essentially have to.

I guess Charleson, Williams, Clurey are all reasonable chances.

We have to clear 4 or 5 list spots

3 or 4 main list (Depending on Barrett bid)
1 rookie

Barrett slipping is massive as he becomes Cat B rookie
Delist Kyle Marshall, Frankie Evans and pay out Charleson and McEntee's contract.

Would retain Boak, Narkle and Scully.

In Lukosius, Richards, Atkins, SPP*
Out Dixon, McKenzie, McCallum

So we need to make at least 4 more delistings.

Kyle Marshall, Scully, Narkle, F Evans (maybe Boak).

That only leaves us with three picks, doubtful we will only take three.

So we are in the realms of delisting contracted players, essentially have to.

I guess Charleson, Williams, Clurey are all reasonable chances.

In 2024 we had 44 players total including Logan Evans and Jacob Moss

Houston, McKenzie, Dixon, McCallum out makes room for Luko, Richards, and Atkins leaving 1 main list spot

We need 3 or 4 in total depending on Barrett bid plus at least 1 rookie for Burgoyne (maybe 2 if we want Monty)

Delist options from main list: Boak (retired), Clurey, F.Evans, Scully, Jackson, K.Marshall

Rookie: McEntee, Narkle, Williams

Ideally it’s Evans, Marshall, Clurey, Narkle, McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back