List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Soldo was also acquired as part of the trade. Important detail omitted.
This is the same Soldo who St Kilda refused to give up more than a future 4th rounder for, right? That's his value. You and I have different definitions of 'important'.

Soldo was also acquired as part of the trade. Important detail omitted.
Yep but we gave up more than just the first no?

The reality is we should never have given up a future first for either of those blokes and if we'd finished 12th right now it would look like the worst trade ever.

This is the same Soldo who St Kilda refused to give up more than a future 4th rounder for, right? That's his value. You and I have different definitions of 'important'.
Value is not defined by the now in this case, but was defined by the then, without the benefit of the hindsight you continue to draw upon like you are some sort of oracle.

Yep but we gave up more than just the first no?

The reality is we should never have given up a future first for either of those blokes and if we'd finished 12th right now it would look like the worst trade ever.

I don’t know full details. I think we split 2024 R1 for two picks held by Freo in the 2023 R2.

Hindsight is always a wonderful thing. We aren’t even yet in a position to judge the merits of the trade as the player drafted with the pick given up is an unknown. We might also get something back for Soldo (seems unlikely).

Value is not defined by the now in this case, but was defined by the then, without the benefit of the hindsight you continue to draw upon like you are some sort of oracle.
Pretty cool how I managed to draw on the benefit of hindsight by hating the deal before the last 12 months even happened isn't it?

Here's what's happened here. Port traded a first round pick for two average depth players. The majority immediately hated it. You said to give it time. We did, and it turned out even worse than we thought it would when we hated it 12 months ago. You're now claiming that the deal only looks bad 'with the benefit of hindsight', because apparently you don't know what the word hindsight means.

I don’t know full details. I think we split 2024 R1 for two picks held by Freo in the 2023 R2.

Hindsight is always a wonderful thing. We aren’t even yet in a position to judge the merits of the trade as the player drafted with the pick given up is an unknown. We might also get something back for Soldo (seems unlikely).
Im not talking about hindsight, Im saying ignore his season entirely and focus on the trade. This is what everyone was saying then and Id stand by it even if he won our b&f.

Pretty cool how I managed to draw on the benefit of hindsight by hating the deal before the last 12 months even happened isn't it?

Here's what's happened here. Port traded a first round pick for two average depth players. The majority immediately hated it. You said to give it time. We did, and it turned out even worse than we thought it would when we hated it 12 months ago. You're now claiming that the deal only looks bad 'with the benefit of hindsight', because apparently you don't know what the word hindsight means.
Agree with most of this post, but couldnt disagree more with this.

If we'd finished 15th rather than 2nd it would have sacrificed a top 5 pick for them.

We literally ended up in the best possible timeline for judging the trade yet it still looks like shit.

Agree with most of this post, but couldnt disagree more with this.

If we'd finished 15th rather than 2nd it would have sacrificed a top 5 pick for them.

We literally ended up in the best possible timeline for judging the trade yet it still looks like shit.
I mean in terms of the players we brought in. I legitimately thought Soldo and Ratugolea would be best 22 for us all year. And I still hated it. That's how bad a deal it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How will the pick we traded away turn out as a player? I believe this is now pick 18 in the hands of Fremantle.

Please elaborate Oracle so as we can revisit this in a decade with the benefit of the hindsight this trade deserves.

Draft picks 11-20 have a 52% chance of playing more than 80 games. A coin toss on a battler.

There’s a 20% chance a player drafted pick 11-20 plays less than 20 career games, and we are talking pick 18 here, not pick 11.

How will the pick we traded away turn out as a player? I believe this is now pick 18 in the hands of Fremantle.

Please elaborate Oracle so as we can revisit this in a decade with the benefit of the hindsight this trade deserves.

Draft picks 11-20 have a 52% chance of playing more than 80 games. A coin toss on a battler.

There’s a 20% chance a player drafted pick 11-20 plays less than 20 career games, and we are talking pick 18 here, not pick 11.
Why are you such a defender of that trade? It’s so bad, and it’s not defendable. Go read last year’s trade thread—we all hated it even then. It’s not about the benefit of hindsight.

It’s as simple as this: we caved and overpaid for an OOC Esava, and then overpaid for Soldo when there were other options. I mean, the Swans got Grundy for cheaper than what we paid for Soldo. Rucks are usually so cheap, like Sweet, yet we got bent over for no reason.

Esava doesn’t even play in the position we brought him in for anymore, and Soldo can’t even crack the first team—it’s only been a year.

Pick 18 is still good. It’s been said it’s a deep draft, so why downplay 18 when so many clubs are trying to load up around that position? I mean it’s only 5 picks down from the main piece of what we’re about to trade one of our top 5 players for.

I just don’t get why you downplay how bad it is and act as if everyone is being unreasonable and keep bringing up hindsight.

As much as anything, by the time we know if the player that the pick got was successful or not Ratagolea will be retired. For that reason alone the trade is dodgy.

Can we focus more on the 2024-25 list management. Last years future first rounder that Is (pick 18?) is gone, it’s like crying over spilt milk now. And honestly i don’t think pick 18 is worth all this commotion. Let it go and focus on future deals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After trading in three players and traded out one player we will have moved on a net of zero players from the list. The numbers are looking strange. Can we delist the rat after trading for him?
If Allir Allir got injured . Have we got back up to replace him ?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back