List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

His management were talking to Melbourne half way through the year bro.
Yes but Port were involved in those talks and were comfortable with where things were headed.

I've heard Connors was all friendly early this year with that and Aliir's contract extension but is bordering on persona non grata right now. I don't know anything from the Houston POV, so Chewy might be able to fill in on that but sounds very much like Connors has given Houston the green light to behave like an absolute knob to to get to Collingwood when they bobbed up late as an option.

He burned the bridge during the trade period in particular over the last 24 hours. Not going to elaborate any further than that.
Why not elaborate? It may give us some clarity as to why this deal went through because atm the club is being viewed by all and sundry as a soft touch.

Why not elaborate? It may give us some clarity as to why this deal went through because atm the club is being viewed by all and sundry as a soft touch.

If I was given permission by the person who gave me the information, I would.

I told Richardson via email that Port’s stance on the Houston ban was weak. Richardson wrote back suggesting it was better to focus on the finals series instead. This sounds eerily similar to some messaging from Richardson’s BigFooty proxy - Chewy. Houston might have been rather helpful against the Swans kicking out of defense instead of the fossilized shin of Travis Joke.
“I told Richardson via email”

Guarantee that Richardson didn’t even read your email… would have just been his secretary -Why would a CEO waste his time replying to a nufty like you!!!

No 1 is 25 must be Hinkley last season
Get a new coach and convince Butters and Bergman to stay
If Butters and Bergman leave then we must have a coach that makes sure we get 5 First rounders for both of them

Right now we've delisted/traded 4:
Dixon, McKenzie, McCallum and Houston.

We've also recruited 4:
Lukosius, Richards, R Atkins, L Evans

So we need to cut to use any picks.

With 13, 29, 36, 50, you'd think we will look to use at least 4.

So depending on what happens with Soldo, it feels to me like we'll cut:
Narkle, F Evans, K Marshall and/or Scully

I personally would give Boak the extra year, and from here the only other move you could imagine is a shuffle of Clurey and/or Jackson to the rookie list.

At the end of the period we could look something like:

OUTDixonF EvansNarkleHoustonK MarshallScullyMcKenzieMcCallum
INLukosiusRichardsR AtkinsL EvansPick 13Pick 29Pick 36Pick 50CAT B - Benny Barrett

You'd have to say we will enter the new year slightly stronger. Importantly with the SANFL recruiting rules, we may improve our development environment for our kids too.
So now that Ivan is staying, we're basically just waiting now for them to cut:

Narkle, F Evans, K Marshall and Scully

With Boak the only other question mark.

It's going to be a shallow draft for us. May not use any rookie picks, other than a Cat B on Benny. This is the impact too of wasting a spot on R Atkins. Still can't understand how we didn't extract more from the trade given we've taken him on.

So now that Ivan is staying, we're basically just waiting now for them to cut:

Narkle, F Evans, K Marshall and Scully

With Boak the only other question mark.

It's going to be a shallow draft for us. May not use any rookie picks, other than a Cat B on Benny. This is the impact too of wasting a spot on R Atkins. Still can't understand how we didn't extract more from the trade given we've taken him on.
Ivan is still a packet of chips late trade I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not offloading Soldo, moving Clurey on and in particular getting in Atkins is going to really stuff our list management.

We ended with 43 players on our list.

4 are gone. We have 3 come in.

We have 4 realistic NGA/FS players.

We have picks 13, 29 and 36 that could realistically be used before NGA/FS picks. I don’t think Barrett will make it to Category B.

Is there anybody else we can trade (Narkle has been mentioned)? So, how many players will we delist to accommodate this position? We will be looking to trade up?

This is why bringing in Atkins was not smart.

“I told Richardson via email”

Guarantee that Richardson didn’t even read your email… would have just been his secretary -Why would a CEO waste his time replying to a nufty like you!!!
Hi Richo lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back