List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

The North offer was even worse than the deal Port accepted.

He burned the bridge during the trade period in particular over the last 24 hours. Not going to elaborate any further than that.

Not that I think the Club should have let him go - it's not as if he could have gone anywhere, certainly wouldn't retire and stay in Melbourne had the Club kept him on their books.

Port's philosophy has long been if a player wants out, don't bother keeping them here.
Forget all of the Houston talk about how he was prepared to stay at Port if a deal couldn't get done. That is absolute BS.

They folded - there's no other way to describe it.

Carlton weren't offering anything more than 12 or 14, and by the end of this saga, Carlton were no longer interested. Voss wanted to get a deal done - but their list manager was never convinced.

North's offer was pick 13 (on traded from the Gold Coast) and a late round sweetener. In the end, Port got the best deal on offer, despite it still being a shitty one.
Any idea why we were so ok to take on the 2 salary dumps with not much coming back? I feel like gold coast got off scott free.

What was with all that tough talk from the club then? We heard all year Port were dealing through his manager and made it clear what was required to let him go, and they were outraged by Carlton’s offer, yet the club still folded anyway.

I just don’t understand why Port seemed so powerless when the actual negotiations started.
Like our players always do in finals - our administrators freeze like a deer in the headlights under the pressure of any wheeling and dealing 👎😒

They collapse like a wet cardboard box.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back