List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of Williams, I still think we should move him back to the small forward role. He is so talented around goals and I just can't see him getting a spot in the AFL side from half back anymore.

I'm sure Williams could average 2 kicks a game and 0.3 goals like shit n cheese

They are not my opinion or your opinion, they're the coaches opinion. It was very clear that they preferred Burton to Sinn and Sinn to Williams and it was very clear that Evans/Narkle/McEntee were shuffled in and out with none of them strongly preferred over another, except for Narkle only being considered as sub.

Yeah and the coaches are **** wits

Let's argue more about who is better out McEntee/Evans or Narkle. Hitting the really important issues this off season.
i mean the other issue is sacking hinkley, so

If Williams was to play as a forward again, it would be in a third tall role, where metrics to success isn’t high pressure small forward stuff.

If he can lose the pudge again, I wouldn’t be against rolling him through the midfield during preseason. Did come through with Rowell and Anderson as a midfield triple header. Before breaking the leg. Lacks speed, but I think pace can be covered as a midfielder. May be the Wines replacement?

Let me explain to you how depth charts work.

We generally pick three half backs each week. By the end of the season, the depth chart for this position looked something like:

Houston
Farrell
Evans
Burton
Sinn
Williams

As for small forwards, we generally pick four with one of those playing as sub. The depth chart for small forward looked something like:

Rioli
Powell-Pepper
Byrne-Jones
Evans/Narkle/McEntee

So as you can see the way this works is the better the depth you have in a position, the better the players who miss out on selection, and vice versa. So comparing Williams not getting a game to Evans/Narkle/McEntee getting a game is totally disingenuous.
Also doing the rounds at the moment is the suggestion that Atkins and Boak took Scully's spot on the list, which is not how it works. Luko and whichever tall forward we pick up n the draft took Scully and Dixons spot on the list. And Atkins is adding back some depth to the half back position.

Let me explain to you how depth charts work.

We generally pick three half backs each week. By the end of the season, the depth chart for this position looked something like:

Houston
Farrell
Evans
Burton
Sinn
Williams

As for small forwards, we generally pick four with one of those playing as sub. The depth chart for small forward looked something like:

Rioli
Powell-Pepper
Byrne-Jones
Evans/Narkle/McEntee

So as you can see the way this works is the better the depth you have in a position, the better the players who miss out on selection, and vice versa. So comparing Williams not getting a game to Evans/Narkle/McEntee getting a game is totally disingenuous.
Also Lachie Jones before or after Levans.

But yeah, pretty much that's how it rolled for the year.

Williams has an opportunity to replace Houston. He's a ball user, Houston isn't exactly a speed machine. It's the best opportunity he's had. Have a good preseason, and who knows.

Reality is though he's probably cooked. He just doesn't have the pace for AFL level, and his other attributes aren't good enough to compensate for it. If he starts the year at the Magpies he'll be resigned to depth and we need to accept it and move on.

Did McEntee even have weird favouritism, he was dropped multiple times and fell out of favour during the finals for players no better than him in Evans and Narkle.

I’m not a jedhead by any stretch, I don’t think he is good enough but I feel like he gets unfairly singled out on here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did McEntee even have weird favouritism, he was dropped multiple times and fell out of favour during the finals for players no better than him in Evans and Narkle.

I’m not a jedhead by any stretch, I don’t think he is good enough but I feel like he gets unfairly singled out on here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's played 46 games too many. Should have never been drafted.

Caleb Marchbank is the other DFA that might be worth a shot. He can’t get on the park (bit of a problem) but at least when he does he’s AFL quality.
Have you seen him play lately?

He was AFL quality. Injuries have wrecked him. I don't think I've seen a game he's played the last two years or so where he wasn't worst on ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back