List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very St Kilda thing to do. Not to pile on Hartigan, but a player turning 31 who couldn’t get a game in a rebuilding side doesn’t exactly scream out 2 year deal.

He would ahve got games if we weren't trying to past track the kids. Same with Shiels.

Wrong age at wrong time.

Kyle is still contracted isn't he? Could we get the Saints third round pick (45) or is that wishful thinking? Looking at the draft order, they don't seem to have a pick in the fourth round, which goes until pick 72. Suppose we could also upgrade our pick 61 and Hartigan for their 45?

He would ahve got games if we weren't trying to past track the kids. Same with Shiels.

Wrong age at wrong time.

Kyle is still contracted isn't he? Could we get the Saints third round pick (45) or is that wishful thinking? Looking at the draft order, they don't seem to have a pick in the fourth round, which goes until pick 72. Suppose we could also upgrade our pick 61 and Hartigan for their 45?
Free agent seems to be the accepted wisdom now.

If he somehow is contracted, I imagine we'd trade for a very late pick, that might be worth points for Jerome Lawrence

Wrong age at wrong time.

I love sensible posts. He can still play, but we're going in a different direction.

I think we'll be getting change from the back of the couch for him, if anything. Hope he gets a two year deal for his sake.

The saints seem to approach trading like garage sale fanatics,one man’s trash is another man’s treasure so to speak . Having said that for Kyle’s sake I hope he gets another contract he was bought in at a certain time for a certain role and he was a great team mate and a great competitor ,did a great job on the bigger forwards I loved the way he went about it when given an opportunity.

The saints seem to approach trading like garage sale fanatics,one man’s trash is another man’s treasure so to speak . Having said that for Kyle’s sake I hope he gets another contract he was bought in at a certain time for a certain role and he was a great team mate and a great competitor ,did a great job on the bigger forwards I loved the way he went about it when given an opportunity.
I think the word your looking for is desperation.

If Hartigan can drop a fridge size or two he has a bit to offer, and his great off field and for trainings to.

I love sensible posts. He can still play, but we're going in a different direction.

I think we'll be getting change from the back of the couch for him, if anything. Hope he gets a two year deal for his sake.
Exactly I look at young Blank and he’s a lot younger and hopefully going to develop into something special as a longterm reliable lockdown defender, but at the moment I don’t see him having much of a point of difference from Kyle other than his age profile he’s of similar size and pace but with a lot less experience,we’ve done the right thing though by giving him a chance . As a supporter I appreciate what Hartigan has done for the club and I’d love to see him get a game with the saints .

Hartigan cannot still play AFL. Was unable to contribute significantly even at VFL level. Volunteering each week to be the AFL emergency / runner rather than play VFL on one hand comes across like a great team man, on the other it sounds like someone who has given up on being a professional footballer.

Hartigan cannot still play AFL. Was unable to contribute significantly even at VFL level. Volunteering each week to be the AFL emergency / runner rather than play VFL on one hand comes across like a great team man, on the other it sounds like someone who has given up on being a professional footballer.
"sounds like someone who has given up on being a professional footballer"
I think it has already been mentioned Hartigan will be crossing to the Saints.

"sounds like someone who has given up on being a professional footballer"
I think it has already been mentioned Hartigan will be crossing to the Saints.
OK. Missed that. Wow. Find it hard to believe. His manager must have destroyed all vision of his efforts at both AFL and VFL level in 2022.

Last edited:
Very St Kilda thing to do. Not to pile on Hartigan, but a player turning 31 who couldn’t get a game in a rebuilding side doesn’t exactly scream out 2 year deal.

Not saying Hartigan is a star, but not getting a game in a rebuilding side isn't necessarily a reflection on how useful they may be to another side. They may be playing VFL so that others that are going to be around for future success can have development time put into them even though relative performances alone might have favoured the older player getting games. Other clubs more focused on 'right now' might still find a use for them. Of course, I think Saints may well have missed the 'right now' themselves, and may need to be going into a development phase rather than more short term recruits - but like us in 2017 - are perhaps not ready to give up quite yet.

I think zerohanger but unsure.
Everywhere I looked had him as contracted to this year & listed a a FA
Ok, zerohanger is about as trust worthy as Stephen Dank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stupidest years on record

It's not been fun, but if you think Covid has been stupid, think of all the people who've died during the pandemic... and What Ukraine is living through on top of your stupid 2022.

I know a bunch of people around me who would disagree that those years have been stupid if only they were still alive.

It's not been fun, but if you think Covid has been stupid, think of all the people who've died during the pandemic... and What Ukraine is living through on top of your stupid 2022.

I know a bunch of people around me who would disagree that those years have been stupid if only they were still alive.

We had our kids and built a house during these years. I've come to learn it's what you make of every situation.

I am in full agreement with you. It's like humanity were given a huge lesson and no one has taken any heed.

Last edited:

I thought he did fairly well in the VFL final. Certainly far from our worst. I would think a better way to describe is:
Good at VFL level, no longer good enough at AFL level.

I thought he did fairly well in the VFL final. Certainly far from our worst. I would think a better way to describe is:
Good at VFL level, no longer good enough at AFL level.
Didn't see the final but he had some horrible VFL games. Cost us the game v Collingwood with a silly free when out positioned.

The curious case of Kyle Hartigan - the most talked about player in the Hawthorn off season!! Never thought I'd see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back