List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe just an old hand down back in case we get an injury.

Strange that he wasnt announced. We wouldnt get any compo so youd assume he stays.
Pending other movements we make, I don't mind it.

We potentially have a very young list next year, so need to make the balance right.

Hartigan is also a big body defender for our young forwards to train against. There’s definitely value holding for another year. Can’t expect Lewis and Kosi to get decent bodywork experience for playing the Keaths, McGoverns, Barras’ etc against DGB and Blanck just yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Utter BS, total BS. Dimma was our second best player.
He was our fourth-best player, in my opinion, but now that Maynard has earned the distinction of being named to his first All-Australian team, he has got to be the most underrated defender in the AFL. It is a complete farce that he is not mentioned in AFL media.

Hartigan is also a big body defender for our young forwards to train against. There’s definitely value holding for another year. Can’t expect Lewis and Kosi to get decent bodywork experience for playing the Keaths, McGoverns, Barras’ etc against DGB and Blanck just yet
Chuck him on the rookie list and give him some coaching roles, no harm done

IMHO it would be unusual if they kept Hartigan, who let's be honest looked pretty cooked this year, after we delisted Phillips and Howe who were still playing decent(ish) football.

Maybe Sam is worried about our Key Defender stocks and Hartigan will be cheap insurance?

You don't keep a player on the list because he may be useful to train against.

He can just as easily do that being a development coach whilst not being on the list.

I want to agree but with a little more elaboration. You have raised a big issue. I think the body of public opinion in Australia, previously know as the AFL, needs to step in quick smart. Clearly we need the AFL issuing talking head licenses for all boofheads. Further I can imagine the AFL website having a log in monitoring page for members so they can monitor them in real time. Soon we could be living in a world where Cornes, Robbo, Derm, Scooter, quiche eater et al will all be under constant surveillance.

However on reflection not watching the games and having an opinion should also been seen as a value. Like beauty in Ancient Greece, we need to value imagining what you saw without seeing it. Now this different category of talking heads could be called the Oracles. Again we need licensing of Oracles. Never again will the football public get confused between Boofheads and Oracles. And to prevent this confusion and return to the dark ages that we live in now, we need talking heads to carry the nomenclature in all public comms. So imagine K Cornes, BH and G Wakefield, O.

Isn't the Hawks abstract thought and philosophy thread reserved for all hallucinogenic influenced posting?

We were oh so close with Maynard.... was my number one choice at our first pick @ 31 - Collingwood grabbed him at pick 30, was shattered. We then took Howe instead, sliding doors
Same draft I was really hot on Touk Miller but didn't think he would get past mid twenties - went at pick 27. Point is, as most know, you can get some quality players in the second round. Hope we can get get Bruhn and hopefully get one back for TOM, that would be a huge win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back