Trade Requested Luke Parker [wants to hop over to Arden St]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Parker had a really average finals series outside of a pretty solid lockdown role on Aliir IMO.

His role just wasn't great for him, or those around him really. We played him as a forward, but the problem is he's better suited to playing as a quasi-KPF, and we already have 3 KPFs, so they just kept getting in each others' way.

What do North fans think their forward line looks like next year? If he's playing playing predominantly as a FWD-MID, I think it could work well if the North forward line is Larkey + Comben and the mediums and smalls.

With darling coming across I think Comben is down back all year, with Logue and corr, able to switch forward if we need it.

I’d have Parker playing 60% forward, 40% mid.

Hf Dursma Darling Parker

F Curtis Larkey Zuhaar

Int: Simpkin (also playing mainly forward)

With darling coming across I think Comben is down back all year, with Logue and corr, able to switch forward if we need it.

Hf Dursma Darling Parker

F Curtis Larkey Zuhaar

That forward line is going to have the ball walking out if it ever hits the deck.

Surely you finally bite the bullet and find a decent pressure forward this year?

That forward line is going to have the ball walking out if it ever hits the deck.

Surely you finally bite the bullet and find a decent pressure forward this year?

Young KPF

And

Small pressure forward are the two big ticket things we need to draft.

But yes, the forward line needs some more speed.

Hf Dursma Darling Parker

F Curtis Larkey Zuhaar

I agree with Comben playing back. He was the best thing they had going back there last season.
Back-up ruck a concern?
Could they rely on Comben doing it from defence?
Really no other options in that proposed line-up.
Can Logue, Corr and Archer handle most talls for the small stretches that Comben is needed to Ruck? Worth trying at least

I agree with Comben playing back. He was the best thing they had going back there last season.
Back-up ruck a concern?
Can Logue, Corr and Archer handle most talls for the small stretches that Comben is needed to Ruck? Worth trying at least

Good question.

I’d say comben can do it from the backline. In theory the guy he’s playing on is probably the relief ruck, so he just follows him.

Back-up ruck a concern?
It will be an issue.
But x rucks more in each game than any other ruck in the afl.
It won't be massive amounts of time.

Given the time the Roos have had, they should be getting games into the players they expect to play in finals. Parker isnt that.

If Richmond went for Parker it would make far more sense because they are a couple of years behind the Roos. Particularly with how many players want out of Richmond at the moment.

Thats funny because Luke Hodge played 2 seasons at Brisbane in 2018 and 2019.

Teakle will continue to be back up ruck and rotate forward and bench
That’s a lot of tall timber and not a lot of leg speed if he plays as well.
If you have 2 that can genuinely impact forward then that’s fine. I’m not sure Teakle offers enough when forward to justify it. I get it last year when you had so few marking options to support Larkey. But I’d prefer to see them at least try how it works with Comben.
Clarko has gone through periods when he has been seemingly obsessed with playing 2 ruckman every week. So it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that it continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Luke Parker [wants to hop over to Arden St]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back