Trade Requested Luke Parker - Wants to hop over to Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

Or just how floggish Sydney are being.

Guy has been a stalwart of the club, probably will struggle for game time next year and has a multi year offer on the table.

Just get a deal done for a late pick and we can all move on with life.

44 would of gotten it done imo and probably still will, 62 we wont even use.

Or just how floggish Sydney are being.

Guy has been a stalwart of the club, probably will struggle for game time next year and has a multi year offer on the table.

Just get a deal done for a late pick and we can all move on with life.
They aren’t demanding the world here, just something to use lmfao.

bizzare pick up for North.

they have a good swath of young kids. let them develop, why waste a list spot on parker?
This sounds very similar to a lot of posts about Gunston last year. You don’t need a full list of young talent, they have plenty of it. It’s now about developing that talent.

Its all dragged out for clicks and views.

Its obvious 24 is to high for Parker and 62 offered by North is of no value.

Guess whats inbetween 44!! :tearsofjoy:
Yeah that’s the way I see it.

Swans a bit annoyed at being low balled, have decided to play funny buggers and throw a ridiculous offer back the other way. The two parties will pick back up Tuesday/Wednesday, have a laugh and shake hands on a deal involving 44.

Yeah that’s the way I see it.

Swans a bit annoyed at being low balled, have decided to play funny buggers and throw a ridiculous offer back the other way. The two parties will pick back up Tuesday/Wednesday, have a laugh and shake hands on a deal involving 44.
I also loved the “we are a long way apart and prepared to walk away” from north who desperately want senior experience in.

Sydney is even worse “he’s a valuable contracted player” who is barely in best 22 and we desperately need his $700k a year off the books.

Literally the most pointless standoff

I also loved the “we are a long way apart and prepared to walk away” from north who desperately want senior experience in.

Sydney is even worse “he’s a valuable contracted player” who is barely in best 22 and we desperately need his $700k a year off the books.

Literally the most pointless standoff

Should have already been amicably sorted before they even walked through the door on Monday. Pick 44 is about as fair as it gets.

Yeah, probably. Unless you guys would prefer future picks, in which case a swap of our F3 + F4 for yours may also work. We can't give you F3 outright yet as we may need to trade our F1 for Houston.

44 is a very useable pick in this draft. Would be dumb for North to offer it, given Sydney obviously isn't going to hold Parker to his last year when all is said and done.

More likely it's about waiting to see what happens with North's F1, as that will dictate what they can do with other future picks. Something like a swap of F3s and maybe the 4th this year seems around the mark. Would allow Sydney to bank some extra points for academy bids next year, as they will obviously finish a fair bit higher than North.

44 is a very useable pick in this draft. Would be dumb for North to offer it, given Sydney obviously isn't going to hold Parker to his last year when all is said and done.

More likely it's about waiting to see what happens with North's F1, as that will dictate what they can do with other future picks. Something like a swap of F3s and maybe the 4th this year seems around the mark. Would allow Sydney to bank some extra points for academy bids next year, as they will obviously finish a fair bit higher than North.
Reckon Sydney are trying their hardest to get 44 so that it can come inwards with the bids to like pick 39 or so and then trade it on for future selections as might not have the senior list spots to use it

Reckon Sydney are trying their hardest to get 44 so that it can come inwards with the bids to like pick 39 or so and then trade it on for future selections as might not have the senior list spots to use it

Possibly and can't blame you, may as well try to maximise value. But if we get to next Wednesday and the offer is a swap of F3s or something similar that gets you a few extra points next year, are you really going to hold him to the final year? I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly and can't blame you, may as well try to maximise value. But if we get to next Wednesday and the offer is a swap of F3s or something similar that gets you a few extra points next year, are you really going to hold him to the final year? I doubt it.
Yep i think it will be 1 of 3 deals:
2. F3 (values Parker somewhere between 37-44 pre draft)
3. F3 and F4 swaps (values parker somewhere around 44-50)

Last edited:
Very classy Sydney, just thank the bloke for his years of service and let him go.

Hodge and pick 44 went to Lions for pick 43 and 75.

Mitchell, picks 54, 72 traded to eagles for 52, 70, 88.

I thought it was unders for both but ultimately was happy to see them get to where they wanted.

Something very off with the Swans.

Very classy Sydney, just thank the bloke for his years of service and let him go.

I thought it was unders for both but ultimately was happy to see them get to where they wanted.

Hodge had retired and Mitchell was 35, so slightly different. But same sentiment.

It'll get done, no one seriously believes Sydney is going to hold him to his contract.

Hodge had retired and Mitchell was 35, so slightly different. But same sentiment.

It'll get done, no one seriously believes Sydney is going to hold him to his contract.
Not sure retirement is entirely relevant as he still needed to be traded or go through the draft.

Jordan Lewis was 30 at the time he went to Melbourne and Hawks gave up Lewis 57, 68 for picks 48 and 66.

Agree it will eventually go through, just makes the posturing from Sydney even more unfortunate.

Not sure retirement is entirely relevant as he still needed to be traded or go through the draft.

Jordan Lewis was 30 at the time he went to Melbourne and Hawks gave up Lewis 57, 68 for picks 48 and 66.

Agree it will eventually go through, just makes the posturing from Sydney even more unfortunate.
Jack Gunston trade a couple of years ago away from Hawthorn for #48 and an F4. Compare that to Parker for just #44 and it isn't that much different

Where do I start?
He is contracted & is a required player for 2025.
Pick 62 is far worse than any of the scenario's above for players that Clarko had clearly moved on from.
It would be a very mutual agreement between Parker & the Swans to get the best outcome for both parties, otherwise Parker would stay. Lewis left full of bitterness.
Every situation is different & we are all clueless as to what is really going on.

We let Malceski go to GC on a 3 year deal so no doubt we wouldn't stop Parker from getting his best outcome.
We just may need something better for next year's draft for all we know otherwise it's not a list improvement for us.

Most importantly, Parker gets to stay another year at a club that is still contending.
North want him for 3 years so I guess they need to make it happen.

Where do I start?
He is contracted & is a required player for 2025.
Pick 62 is far worse than any of the scenario's above for players that Clarko had clearly moved on from.
It would be a very mutual agreement between Parker & the Swans to get the best outcome for both parties, otherwise Parker would stay. Lewis left full of bitterness.
Every situation is different & we are all clueless as to what is really going on.

We let Malceski go to GC on a 3 year deal so no doubt we wouldn't stop Parker from getting his best outcome.
We just may need something better for next year's draft for all we know otherwise it's not a list improvement for us.

Most importantly, Parker gets to stay another year at a club that is still contending.
North want him for 3 years so I guess they need to make it happen.
You guys asked for pick 25, that is just nonsense. If you prefer future picks, just say so. We'll be able to work something out, there is no need for the silly games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Luke Parker - Wants to hop over to Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

Back