Macrae a Bulldog for life

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendlebury and Sidebottom are best 22 players for Collingwood. Daniel and Macrae aren’t best 22 players for us anymore.

It’s quite simple.
Your welcome to your opinion but if you think Gallagher and Harmes are better midfielders than Macrae I must be a poor judge of ability.

You said every club and you scraped the bottom of the barrel with stringer, Atkins and Campbell. Proves my point.

By directly playing them in the VFL and making them subs demoralized them and shattered both their confidence and standing amongst their teammates. What did you expect these actions to have?
I said every club does it, I didn't say every club does it every single year. You added that bit.

Anyway I gave you a bunch of names, doesn't prove your point at all. Do you disagree they are vets that are looking to lengthen their careers? Whatever doesn't matter, keep moving the goal posts if you want, if it helps justify you throwing the toys out of the cot.

Playing them in the VFL is still not forcing them to leave. Even still Caleb said he was happy to stay unless a good deal could be found.

Hi Bulldogs, I come in peace.
First up to the posters who came to our board to send best wishes for Jack Macrae was much appreciated and shows the obvious quality of character he must have to be so well loved.
As I said, will always be a Bulldogs Premiership player.
This thread just shows the changes to the football landscape. When first posted it was reasonable to assume a 5 year contract would see him out as a Dog. Contracts mean Jack Schitt nowadays.

Obviously the coaching wanted to go in a different direction and Macrae is a pure inside mid. He will be used there as the Saints lost Crouch and we are light on for quality mids.
Good luck, a decent outcome, you get about 400k a year off the books and depth in Kennedy.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I said every club does it, I didn't say every club does it every single year. You added that bit.

Anyway I gave you a bunch of names, doesn't prove your point at all. Do you disagree they are vets that are looking to lengthen their careers? Whatever doesn't matter, keep moving the goal posts if you want, if it helps justify you throwing the toys out of the cot.

Playing them in the VFL is still not forcing them to leave. Even still Caleb said he was happy to stay unless a good deal could be found.
The bunch of names you gave to justify your point proves very little, they are absolute plodders and you want to compare Macrae and Daniel with them.

Honest question are you a BFB (Bevo Fan Boy)?

Whatever doesn't matter, keep moving the goal posts if you want, if it helps justify you throwing the toys out of the cot.

The bunch of names you gave to justify your point proves very little, they are absolute plodders and you want to compare Macrae and Daniel with them.

Honest question are you a BFB (Bevo Fan Boy)?
Thank you.

Wish Jack all the best. He has been a great player for our club for many years. A premiership player forever at the Dogs and 3x All Australian. He was one of those players who went under the radar but was just reliable week in week out.

Hi Bulldogs, I come in peace.
First up to the posters who came to our board to send best wishes for Jack Macrae was much appreciated and shows the obvious quality of character he must have to be so well loved.
As I said, will always be a Bulldogs Premiership player.
This thread just shows the changes to the football landscape. When first posted it was reasonable to assume a 5 year contract would see him out as a Dog. Contracts mean Jack Schitt nowadays.

Obviously the coaching wanted to go in a different direction and Macrae is a pure inside mid. He will be used there as the Saints lost Crouch and we are light on for quality mids.
Good luck, a decent outcome, you get about 400k a year off the books and depth in Kennedy.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did Seb Ross play at all this year too? I'd have thought Macrae would be filling a void for both he and Crouch.

I've been disappointed with our coach for a number of years to be fair though, this move should prolong Jacks career, I don't blame him one bit going somewhere with better immediate playing security, so I wish him all the best, hopefully he becomes a 300 gamer in the next 3 years.

Anyways looking forward, losing both Caleb and Jack on top of the petulant child who went down the highway will hurt our experience stocks I feel.

Kinda need Kennedy and Harmes to have good years next year on top of some breakout years from the kids coming through to fill the void.

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae a Bulldog for life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back