Malthouse is the answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know what goes on behind closed doors? :confused:

Ratten dropped Betts, Garlett, Cloke, Stevens, Scotland and Houlihan because he's mates with the players.

:rolleyes:
I don't but I see what happens in the box, on the field and in the rooms. Comparing the 2 they are poles apart. Maybe Ratts waits until there are no cameras but as we saw last night when time is short and the situation demands it - unleash!

we need one of these coaches to get us to a grand final as the spud ratten aint got the brains to get us there. Malthouse, Roos, Mathews or Blight. all premiership coaches. they know what it takes to win a grand final. plant the spud back in the yard he only good as a positon coach.

another 'lets sack Ratten' thread.

How about Ratten v Malthouse currently sits at 3-1

Ratten has taken the club from 15th to 7th (2games short of 4th) in 2 years.

Malthouse hasn't been able to get the Pies a premiership in all his years.

Ratten makes a stand and drops players for poor behaviour regardless of time of season.

Malthouse has compiled a team of no depth, they are good when there are no injuries and shocking when they have injuries, 2009 proved that.

Ratten has helped develop key players like Gibbs and Murphy who have both excelled under his coaching...also throw in Hampson, Betts, Bower & Simmo

Malthouse makes excuses when his team loses or blames the umpires.

Ratten has brought back past legends to the club and the arrogance.

Ratten is TRUE BLUE!!

For fck sake people, give the guy a chance to actually do his job, and by all accounts he is doing a bloody good job, considering the injuries we had this year Ratten has actually achieved a great result, but has Ratten ever used that as an excuse....no!!!

we need one of these coaches to get us to a grand final as the spud ratten aint got the brains to get us there. Malthouse, Roos, Mathews or Blight. all premiership coaches. they know what it takes to win a grand final. plant the spud back in the yard he only good as a positon coach.
Blight?????????????
So we can add our name to the list of clubs that made a mistake and hired him to soon give him the boot.? No thanks.
Everybody says Lethal is yesterdays man. We made that mistake with Pagan. Roos is taking a break and I am sure has a future plan in place. Malthouse is not going anywhere for now.

i have always felt that if the club was going to replace Ratten in the next couple of years, they would look first at SOS, doing a great job with St.Kilda's backline it seems.

Amen to that.

But i've been impressed over the direction Ratt's has taken the club, but's been a little slower than I would have liked, but it takes time.

What would really be interesting is if SOS could be swayed back our way to an assistant position for the time being to help get a good balance between defence and offence.

Ratten has coached for two years you spud, how long had all those coaches been in the job before they got a premiership.

Plus, what has Malthouse done since taking WC back to back, nothing, Blight couldn't win a premiership at Geelong only to get lucky at Adealide, Roos won one premiership with boring football. Matthews was the only coach out of your 4 to have extreme success, but boy didn't he have the best compiled team in the history of the game.

15th, 11th, 16th, 16th, 15th....step in Ratten 11th then 7th (2 wins short of 3rd)

Blight?????????????
So we can add our name to the list of clubs that made a mistake and hired him to soon give him the boot.? No thanks.
Everybody says Lethal is yesterdays man. We made that mistake with Pagan. Roos is taking a break and I am sure has a future plan in place. Malthouse is not going anywhere for now.

whats wrong with blight. he coached geelong to 3 losing grand finals then went on and gave adelaide back to back premierships, one of them he coached adelaide from a lower position in the top 8 to win the flag. sure he didnt last long at stkilda but back then who did??? he wasnt given a real chance at saints. i reckon blight would be what we need. ratten showed his worth against brisbane. when they was attacking us in that last quarter what did ratten do? he sat there looking on didnt make one move to stop brisbanes run. he sat there like a spud watching. If he wants to watch why don't he just take a seat in the stands with the rest of us and leave the coaching to someone that would work well under pressure.

Ratten ... 15th, 11th, 16th, 16th, 15th....step in Ratten 11th then 7th (2 wins short of 3rd)

Try: Second pick, 6th pick, first pick, first pick, second pick priority picks, etc. Plus Juddy!

A drover's dog could have coached them into the finals with Juddy and those picks.

Ratten has coached for two years you spud, how long had all those coaches been in the job before they got a premiership.

Plus, what has Malthouse done since taking WC back to back, nothing, Blight couldn't win a premiership at Geelong only to get lucky at Adealide, Roos won one premiership with boring football. Matthews was the only coach out of your 4 to have extreme success, but boy didn't he have the best compiled team in the history of the game.

15th, 11th, 16th, 16th, 15th....step in Ratten 11th then 7th (2 wins short of 3rd)

Malthouse had west coast playing in a grandfinal 1 year after he took over there, and had a premiership in 2 years. ratten gets us to his first final and he choked. he didnt know what to do. he couldnt handle it and cracked under pressure. good coaches at least do something to stop a run on that challenges your lead. you don't sit there jaw gaping and watching without doing anything. even wallace would have done something.

Ratten makes a stand and drops players for poor behaviour regardless of time of season.

Malthouse has compiled a team of no depth, they are good when there are no injuries and shocking when they have injuries, 2009 proved that.

Ratten has helped develop key players like Gibbs and Murphy who have both excelled under his coaching...also throw in Hampson, Betts, Bower & Simmo

Ratten is TRUE BLUE!!

For fck sake people, give the guy a chance to actually do his job, and by all accounts he is doing a bloody good job, considering the injuries we had this year Ratten has actually achieved a great result, but has Ratten ever used that as an excuse....no!!!
Congratulations. That post is easily the biggest load of shit I've ever seen on bigfooty in my short time of being here. I expect that sort of drivel from TheGeneral.

Pies had plenty of injuries last night, coming off a 6 day break and still won. Funny though. Half of your fans say Collingwood are only good cos of Malthouse and the other half say Malthouse is overrated and is a below average coach. Gotta love it.

Ratts is just about the worst coach in the AFL (only behind Harvey). Most of your supporters are starting to believe this too. If only you werent so biased you'd be able to see it too.

FWIW, Murphy and Gibbs excelling under Ratts is true but has nothing to do with Ratten. They'd florush under a gorilla coaching them. Taking a club from 15th to 7th with 15 1st round draft picks is no extraoridnary effort either.

And the best part of your drivel of shit was the no depth part. Hello, Carlton???

Congratulations. That post is easily the biggest load of shit I've ever seen on bigfooty in my short time of being here. I expect that sort of drivel from TheGeneral.

Pies had plenty of injuries last night, coming off a 6 day break and still won. Funny though. Half of your fans say Collingwood are only good cos of Malthouse and the other half say Malthouse is overrated and is a below average coach. Gotta love it.

Ratts is just about the worst coach in the AFL (only behind Harvey). Most of your supporters are starting to believe this too. If only you werent so biased you'd be able to see it too.

FWIW, Murphy and Gibbs excelling under Ratts is true but has nothing to do with Ratten. They'd florush under a gorilla coaching them. Taking a club from 15th to 7th with 15 1st round draft picks is no extraoridnary effort either.

And the best part of your drivel of shit was the no depth part. Hello, Carlton???

258Troll_spray.jpg

A known troll and his (?) opinions are unneccessary and completely irrelevant.

Piss off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks for enlightening us
go away

Bump!

I was there last night. I hope Ratten was too! He could learn a lot from Malthouse. How to go man on man is what we desperately need. Collingwood showed us (after quarter time) how to go about it. It's the intense man on man and tackling that forces free flowing teams (Adelaide were brilliant early) to start to make clangers. Adelaide made plenty last night when the real pressure was on.

Malthouse to coach Carlton asap if Ratten doesn't learn and learn quickly! Make him an offer too good to refuse.

Another hindsight hero. As Guns said, the ump miss the free kick late in the last and your entire argument is washed away. The way the pies celebrated reminded me of us in 99, blokes crying and jumping up and down like they have already won a flag, what that tells me is your argument about lets get Malthouse, a coach that has not won a flag for nearly 20 years, will be blown out of the water next weekend. Then we will see what your hero coach can do, when his side is smashed by a likely 10 goals.

Heres an offer I hope you don't refuse, go follow the pies (1 flag every 50 years) if you are so keen on Malthouses.

Malthouse is the answer...

****ing bullshit.

The guy inherited the most talented team ever assembled by the AFL and ran with it.

He had the wraps of being a great coach, but with the players he had, even a gorilla could have coached that team to back to back flags.

Ratts is a coach in his learning phase at the top and is doing a good job of it. He might not be one of those guys who explodes in public but the one thing that he has actually done is gotten the guys playing for the jumper again.

A couple of years ago, while still being coached by Pagan, there was footage of Fev and Stevens walking from the ground having a joke and a laugh with the opposition and everyone on here was screaming about it. I would have to guess at what some of our stars would be doing now if Pagan was still around... would they even be at the club now... would they ask to be traded back to their home state at the end of their contract (or in the case of Smurph, traded to Brisbane). All because they had no pride in wearing the old dark navy blue.

These days, after a loss there is no joking around with the opposition...

They play for each other and they play for Ratts and they play for the club. He has started to develop a winning culture again at the club and speaking for myself... I am perfectly happy with what is happening and the way that the club has progressed.

It would have been interesting to see how Kennedy would have developed under Ratts, but I am not going to die wondering about it.

To the people who suggested that we swap Malthouse for Ratts... go and support the filth if you love Malthouse so much... because rest assured, we will win a flag before the filth do with Ratts in charge.

As if we needed more proof you are a troll.

Malcolm Blight?

Get your hand off it.

Ratten is TRUE BLUE!!

First of all, whilst our clubs are bitter rivals, many Carlton posters are selling our team really short. We have a plethora of young and experienced talent in our team, highlighted by 6 nominations for AA selection and young players equipping themselves brilliantly when given the opportunity at senior level. We also had 3 NAB rising star nominations this year too.

It is unfair to compare Malthouse To Ratten though. Malthouse is an icon of the game. He is a premiership coach and has almost broken every record before him. He has proven time and time again he is a coaching genius and his ability to place faith in youth is brilliant. I'm sure Ratten would love to achieve half the career MM has. The unbias football public would agree.

You say Ratten makes a stand and drops players for poor behaviour. Last year Collingwood went into a finals series without two A-graders in Shaw and Didak and went to AAMI stadium and got the job done with kids. Carlton got bundled out in their first outing under Ratten. Also MM got one of the worst Collingwood teams (bar a handful of players) I have ever seen to consecutive GF's within 4 years.

You say Malthouse has compiled a team of no depth and 2009 has shown this. Granted if you take 1/4 of every teams star players out of the line-up at the same time they will struggle too. Didak, Davis, Medhurst, Thomas, Pendlebury, Cloke, Fraser, Anthony etc have all missed games of football this season. Collingwood still finished top 4. Last night Collingwood has 2 days less break, gave up a 5 goal head start, went in without Fraser and Pendles and were forced to make 5 changes to the line-up. Again, MM and his faith in youth got the job done.

Ratten has developed some terrific players in the last two seasons at Carlton, highlighted by the club's rise into the finals for the first time in almost a decade. He should be given time to see out his work before judgment is passed on him.

Sure, MM has not delivered Collingwood a flag. He has still won 2 though. Any coach, past or present would love to just even taste it once because the reality is, most coaches do not.

Malthouse's record at Pieland speaks for itself...

10+ years at Pieland, zero flags i.e. 100% Failure record.

I don't get this.

Does this mean Brett Ratten 2 years at Carlton = zero flags and zero finals wins? Is that a failure record? Is this how we measure success?

:)

whats wrong with blight. he coached geelong to 3 losing grand finals then went on and gave adelaide back to back premierships, one of them he coached adelaide from a lower position in the top 8 to win the flag. sure he didnt last long at stkilda but back then who did??? he wasnt given a real chance at saints. i reckon blight would be what we need. ratten showed his worth against brisbane. when they was attacking us in that last quarter what did ratten do? he sat there looking on didnt make one move to stop brisbanes run. he sat there like a spud watching. If he wants to watch why don't he just take a seat in the stands with the rest of us and leave the coaching to someone that would work well under pressure.

What a tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back