Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think a Brad Scott coached North ever beat a Malthouse coached Collingwood.

Yet we easily acciounted for the Buckley-led Pies.

As for finals coaching records, Buckley's isn't exacty impressive either.
Scott = 3 years in charge = 1 finals loss by 90 something points
Buckley = 1 year in charge = 3 finals, 1 win and 2 losses, none of which even compare to your thrashing at the hands of West Coast.

Buckley = 1 year in charge = 3 finals, 1 win and 2 losses, none of which even compare to your thrashing at the hands of West Coast.

Scott inherited and has built a team of kids.

Buckley inherited a premiership list.

By Christ some of you collingwood folk do your darnedest to live up to the stereotype.

Scott has drafted in 13 players, rookied 9 players, upgraded 3 rookies, traded out 2 players and traded in 3 players in the three seasons prior to this trading period.

This equates to 10 players movements per season. North will have at least as many movements again in 2012. You are clueless.

lol the high turn over at North has got more to do with everyone wanting to get the hell our of there than Scott's influence.

By Christ some of you collingwood folk do your darnedest to live up to the stereotype.
Your fellow North fan was making comparisons between the two coaches, I thought I'd do it too. Nothing about where the lists are at..

Well one thing that article proved is that Christi Malthouse has spent far too much time reading Mills & Boon;

"They loved Mick, they needed Mick, and they weren't prepared to stand back and do nothing as he was replaced.

"Mick's heart thumped inside his chest and echoed in his mind. 'What an amazing gesture,' he thought. But what a disaster it would be."

Dear God, that is absolutely awful...

Yeah you're right it is a stereotype. At the end of the day our players get to go back to Lexus Center and bask in the best facilities in the AFL while north players go back to their leaky sheds at Arden st. At North there is no stereotype, just reality :(

Scott has rebuilt a side. Buckley has taken a gun klist backwards.

Brad Scott will win flags at North as a coach. FIGJAM won't win one at Collingwood. Sort of like their playing careers.
You've been wrong before...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/leigh-brown-watch.540083/

But seriously we'll see, considering the hand Buckley had dealt with 4 season knee injuries, 2 major shoulder reconstructions, the Cloke fiasco, the Malthouse chiding, the death of a former team mate...Collingwood did pretty well in 2012. He also managed to show an amazing degree of class which some of his snarling haters in the media could learn to do as well.

I love Mick, but honestly, he has to find a way to let it go.

So he got dumped for the younger, prettier ex girlfriend.

Shit happens. Time to move on.

Also surprised at how quickly Collingwood supporters have turned on him. He turned your club from a shithole to one of the most respected sides in the competition. Showing a tiny bit of class and respect wouldn't hurt.
I for one will always be grateful to Malthouse, it sickens me that he has joined Carlton but hey that is life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But seriously we'll see, considering the hand Buckley had dealt with 4 season knee injuries, 2 major shoulder reconstructions, the Cloke fiasco, the Malthouse chiding, the death of a former team mate...Collingwood did pretty well in 2012. He also managed to show an amazing degree of class which some of his snarling haters in the media could learn to do as well.

Anything to add about any plumbing inconveniences at the Lexus centre which might have led to psychological scarring amongt the magpie players?

Did any soft drink dispensers go on the blink?

Did the pie warmer break down?

Wow, I honestly didn't think you'd go that low.

Dicky Fitzwell

Eddie made no mistake. If it wasn't for the succession plan then Mick probably wouldn't have bothered and we probably wouldn't have won in 2010. As for Mick and Collingwood, that is now history as far as I'm concerned. I'm very thankful for what he delivered to our great club but I've moved on and so should he. He's at the Blues now so I'm getting a bit sick of him and Collingwood constantly being referred to in the same article. He's at the Blues and Buckley is at Collingwood.

Also, why this is even being mentioned now is beyond me. I've lost all respect I had for Mick after the way he carried on.

another example that Collingwood supporters are fickle

One thing is for sure, he's a better coach than the Teflon blonde wonder.

Well, that we dont know. Collingwood are at the top of their game, Essendon are climbing. Its impossible to say which coach is better and we will only be able to judge accurately over the next couple of years. Thats like saying Chris Scott is a better coach then Ross Lyon, which isnt neccessarily true.

In any case, I wouldnt be surprised if the players were against the idea of the start. There did seem to be some weird attitude problems at the start of the season for the Collingwood players. However, they did have that 10 game winning streak and sort of just fell in a heap at the end, so I would suggest any problems would have been ironed out by then.

In there position, I imagine I would feel the same.

This story has some small benefit for Collingwood. It diverts any attention away from the fact that Cloke's greed resulted in the departure of 2 best 22 players. They are in all sorts down there. Again, the individual (Cloke), has won out over the team. Buckley's imprimatur.

Bucks winning percentage is already better than most of the coaches.

But thats not neccessarily an indication of Buckley as coach, but the team itself. He could be amazing, or he could be sub-par. Chris Scott also has an awesome winning percentage, but it doesnt make him the greatest coach ever. He came into an already established team, much like Buckley did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse prevented player revolt in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back