Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anything sum up Mick "all about me" Malthouse than him not having it in him to step aside gracefully, but instead trying to drag the CEO down with him by revealing the Eddie Betts stuff?

Yep.

This morning was disgraceful by Mick.

Why didn't he sit down with the Board to say these things?

I've heard good things about Barker.

Good luck to the Blues. Hope Barker can bring some respectability back to the senior coach's role.

Just yesterday they said they would review things after round 11.

Mick says on radio he's unsure what that gains. A few hours later he's gone.

Mick knew he was a dead man walking so basically forced the Carlton board to push him down the plank now rather than hang around for a few more weeks.

He still gets the same payout either way but without the stress of another few weeks of media heat.

This is scarily reminiscent of Scott Watters sacking.

Writing was sort of on the wall, then he made a certainty by doing an SEN radio interview unauthorised and said he was likely to get a contract extension.

Nail in the coffin.

I'm always surprised at the amount of gloating and pleasure taking from opposition supporters when a coach is sacked. Shows the real character of the person. I don't understand the attraction. So what? Mick didn't go so well at the Blues, not sure if it's cause for celebration.

I'm not celebrating the fact that Mick got sacked. I take pleasure from the fact that it's Carlton. The flogs in their cheer squad abused me as a kid physically and mentally for having the gall to cheer for Fremantle in a game I went to despite the fact I was well away from them. I wish nothing but misery for them. I hope Mick burns the club to the ground so I can go there and p*** on the ashes

I've heard good things about Barker.

Good luck to the Blues. Hope Barker can bring some respectability back to the senior coach's role.

John Barker was our forwards coach a few years ago and did a terrible job like he did at the Hawks before us.

Carlton are about to get even worse if he's the caretaker.

This is typical Carlton.

You can just see that Carlton will never ever mature as a club.

Richmond were in a similar situation many times with Hardwick but chose NOT to sack the incumbent coach and they are now competitive and make finals semi-regularly.

Carlton had both Ratten and Malthouse making finals but chose to sack each of them at the first sign of trouble.

The age of self-entitlement never ends at Carlton.

I'm not celebrating the fact that Mick got sacked. I take pleasure from the fact that it's Carlton. The flogs in their cheer squad abused me as a kid physically and mentally for having the gall to cheer for Fremantle in a game I went to despite the fact I was well away from them. I wish nothing but misery for them. I hope Mick burns the club to the ground so I can go there and p*** on the ashes
Holy Shit- I dont blame them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good Doctor Edelsten would be in the running for caretaker, surely?
Carlton to field a team of near naked 20something ex- strippers

Nobody to notice the difference

This is typical Carlton.

You can just see that Carlton will never ever mature as a club.

Richmond were in a similar situation many times with Hardwick but chose NOT to sack the incumbent coach and they are now competitive and make finals semi-regularly.

Carlton had both Ratten and Malthouse making finals but chose to sack each of them at the first sign of trouble.

The age of self-entitlement never ends at Carlton.

Agree with this. We had to force ourselves with Wallace and Spud Frawley to stay with them to break our cicle of sacking everytime we had a poor patch. Thank god for it, as even though I think Hardwick may not get us to where we want to go, when we make the decision good coaches would be happy to join our organisation now.

I feel for mick. People are giving it to him about his list management but that also should fall to the list management/recruiters, not just mick. Ah, Mick, come home to the Tigers mate, not as coach but i am sure Hardwick could use your experience to get better.

137459_471b636d1c71d0653768ec06882f83e8.png

Yes we are, but hopefully we can only go up from here.

Not until after we've played you first, ok? :p

Seriously, I thought you were wrong to ditch Ratten and nothing yet has changed my mind. Also I don't think that getting Worsfold is the answer for you. In my view you need a 'modern' coach, one who is current on today's games and trends and you need to appoint him for around 5 years to do a complete rebuild of your playing group and off field assets and he will need to time to start achieving results. This is not a 10 minute fix.

I'm just not sure your board has the necessary nads to make that commitment.

Thats my 2c, you may not agree.

I don't like Mick much at all, honestly, but I really don't see the benefit out of this. Malthouse didn't get results from Collingwood for a long time. Whether you agree with his methods and ideals of a club or not, you can't deny that he can bring a club up there, eventually. I don't see what he could possibly achieve in a mere 3 years.

He did bring them backwards, it's true, but damn, I reckon he might've done better if given time to develop a list of his own making.

Damn that's some deep seeded resentment right there

I think MM has led Carlton on a merry dance the last 2.5 years and possibly set them back at least 5 years.

He took the job for all the wrong reasons.

He alienated key staff.

He has muddied the brand pretty horrifically.

He has diminished the reputations of Kernahan and Ratten.

A man who put himself before the club at every turn for 2 and bit years and he will run away with half a million dollars for doing nothing.

Disgusting performance imo.

Respectfully I don't see how anyone could respect Malthouse the person after this.

Pretty much this

Can not wait for Chirsty Malthouse new book

Have you had professional help from the club or the AFL?

Were you wearing purple though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back