Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think MM has led Carlton on a merry dance the last 2.5 years and possibly set them back at least 5 years.

He took the job for all the wrong reasons.

He alienated key staff.

He has muddied the brand pretty horrifically.

He has diminished the reputations of Kernahan and Ratten.

A man who put himself before the club at every turn for 2 and bit years and he will run away with half a million dollars for doing nothing.

Disgusting performance imo.

Respectfully I don't see how anyone could respect Malthouse the person after this.

What a crock of rubbish.

Sad to see Mick go like this. I reckon the problems at Carlton are a lot deeper than just Mick (der..).

I think they should at least keep his moustache on as director of coaching though.....

When was the last time a coach got sacked this early in the season?

I'm no fan of Mick, but this seems harsh. Barker doesn't seem to be held in very high regard by most posters here, not sure what he can give them that Mick couldn't.

The board appears to have handled it dreadfully. In a just world, Malthouse wouldn't be the only one on the chopping block.

I'm no fan of Mick, but this seems harsh. Barker doesn't seem to be held in very high regard by most posters here, not sure what he can give them that Mick couldn't.

The board appears to have handled it dreadfully. In a just world, Malthouse wouldn't be the only one on the chopping block.

I think it was Schimmelbusch who got sacked after a big preseason loss, that will take some beating.

Robert Walls made it to Round 10 in 1989.

Seems Malthouse has broken another coaching record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CF55kgcUUAAZzdy.jpg

Not until after we've played you first, ok? :p

Seriously, I thought you were wrong to ditch Ratten and nothing yet has changed my mind. Also I don't think that getting Worsfold is the answer for you. In my view you need a 'modern' coach, one who is current on today's games and trends and you need to appoint him for around 5 years to do a complete rebuild of your playing group and off field assets and he will need to time to start achieving results. This is not a 10 minute fix.

I'm just not sure your board has the necessary nads to make that commitment.

Thats my 2c, you may not agree.

The general consensus on the Carlton board is that we would prefer an assistant from a club that has had success over the last few years. This throws up names like Tudor, Dew, Bolton, Kirk and even Ratts if he would ever come back to the club. Nathan Bassett is also someone we'd at least like to interview. One thing is for sure, there is a lot of good people out there. At least we've given ourselves a lot of time to go and get the right person for the job.

Soft players need to take some responsibility for his sacking as well.

You can't sack players mid season, I seem to remember a certain coach ex-coach claiming that would eventually lead to one of them committing suicide.

Trigg again polluting another club.. God I hate that bloke, how he got away with what happened at Adelaide and continue to be involved in any way with AFL is beyond me.
It is amazing how not just in football clubs but in most business that the slime keep returning whilst the real people are the blame. One day people will just say enough is enough, YOU are the problem. CFC reeks of the top end of collins and Lygon street looking after its own.

Robert Walls made it to Round 10 in 1989.

Seems Malthouse has broken another coaching record.

Actually, Terry Wheeler was sacked by the Dogs Round 2 1994, and Gary Buckenara was sacked by Sydney after Round 4 1993.

The record surely goes to Wayne Schimmelbusch, who technically resigned but was pushed after losing a preseason game in 1993.

Tom Hafey was sacked by Collingwood in 1982 after 10 rounds. It happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back