Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't sack players mid season, I seem to remember a certain coach ex-coach claiming that would eventually lead to one of them committing suicide.
It's not that you can't sack them, the problem is you can't replace them. Warm body is better than no body.

Yep.

This morning was disgraceful by Mick.

Why didn't he sit down with the Board to say these things?
he probably did, that is the problem, CFC are so ostrich in the sand and it was obvious that he is not going to resign, plenty to gain by being sacked. The world is going to love him now after the interview. Great management and he has been around, he knows how the system works. Straight to the point, reminds me of the footy show interview when at collingwood, I was so pissed off and it was obvious that team that bought so much happiness was about to be in decline. He also knows that the board are now going self destruct so in reality the winners are no one, just how mick likes it. Nearly worked at pie land but the board is still around and plenty of players that have stayed were always the ones that have strong values and a love for the club rather than the lifestyle or the me value. I hope now that over the next few months that he comes back to visit Pieland again, would be great to have a happy memory of the greatest pie team that ever played, especially in my 50 year life time. I wish I knew that Carlton would be so crap over the past 15 years because I would have been quite happy back in 1979 when we lost that GF if I knew back then that they wold be busted for everything and have 2 wooden spoons and maybe another, I would have said" go ahead win it" I will party with you. Sorry to say this but Karma always bites back, doesn't it.

The general consensus on the Carlton board is that we would prefer an assistant from a club that has had success over the last few years. This throws up names like Tudor, Dew, Bolton, Kirk and even Ratts if he would ever come back to the club. Nathan Bassett is also someone we'd at least like to interview. One thing is for sure, there is a lot of good people out there. At least we've given ourselves a lot of time to go and get the right person for the job.

Not Kirk ok. He's kinda busy

Actually, Terry Wheeler was sacked by the Dogs Round 2 1994, and Gary Buckenara was sacked by Sydney after Round 4 1993.

And one of Buckenara's four rounds was a bye!

Sydney actually got pretty good scores back in those days - the trouble was that they conceded 20+ goals a game. I wish crap sides these days went out with a bang like that.

I think MM has led Carlton on a merry dance the last 2.5 years and possibly set them back at least 5 years.

He took the job for all the wrong reasons.

He alienated key staff.

He has muddied the brand pretty horrifically.

He has diminished the reputations of Kernahan and Ratten.

A man who put himself before the club at every turn for 2 and bit years and he will run away with half a million dollars for doing nothing.

Disgusting performance imo.

Respectfully I don't see how anyone could respect Malthouse the person after this.

What a load of garbage. Where are you coming up with this crap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not celebrating the fact that Mick got sacked. I take pleasure from the fact that it's Carlton. The flogs in their cheer squad abused me as a kid physically and mentally for having the gall to cheer for Fremantle in a game I went to despite the fact I was well away from them. I wish nothing but misery for them. I hope Mick burns the club to the ground so I can go there and p*** on the ashes

I haven't the foggiest idea why, but I really laughed when I read this.

I think it was the physical and mental abuse, can you elaborate ?

From Titus

Every single person at Carlton sacked
In an unprecedented but widely applauded move, every single person at Carlton has been sacked.

The Board, coach, players and even the weird guy in accounts have all been terminated effective immediately.

“No one person is responsible for the mess we are in, so sacking one person made no sense,” said just sacked CEO Steven Trigg.

“I mean, they hired me and look how well that’s already gone. You couldn’t keep me on and you couldn’t keep the people around who appointed me.”

Former Captain Marc Murphy said it was fair enough that all the players were let go.

“There are people on our own playing list who still think Chris Judd is our captain,” he said.

“You can blame recruiting or the coach but when the players don’t try to get the ball or avoid tackling like it’s Ebola, they have to take some responsibility.

“Getting rid of all the players is no big deal anyway, it’s not like Carlton can go lower on the ladder.”

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said while the move was drastic it wouldn’t make the club any worse.

“It’s probably well overdue. I knew Carlton were in real trouble when Melbourne request a priority pick on their behalf.”

However, fans have said the move does not go far enough. Long time fan Dorothy Medea said she would have liked to have sacked some people twice.

“They sacked that nice Brett Ratten so sacking is not good enough for some of these people.”

“I guess this is just what happens when you hire people from Collingwood.”

Carlton will field a composite team this Friday made up of Essendon top-up players, some workmen who were doing renovations at Princes Park and some Auskick participants.

The Blues will be coached in the interim by the marketing manager of Presto, whose favourite movie is The Shawshank Redemption.

As a result of these changes Carlton are now favourites for this Friday night against the Swans.

Yep.

This morning was disgraceful by Mick.

Why didn't he sit down with the Board to say these things?
Coach this team for another 15 weeks or talk to the media and get paid out now. Mmmh tough choice

Wouldnt matter who the coach is, the team is a rabble. Why throw away more money paying out Micks contract when the next man in wont do any better bar perhaps a first up better effort then gradual slide back to the same place. Players is what this team needs, not wins this season at least. So not sure any coach could get much more out of this list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back