Matchday - Sydney vs Essendon - ANZ Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it me, or did Hirdy just spend the whole time watching the game and not taking any action? Whenever they showed him on camera he had his chin on his hands and wasn't doing anything, his assistant coaches were the ones doing the talking.

Looking at Match Centre on AFL.
Free kicks Sydney 35 - 20 Essendon.
Not saying the free kicks should be equal, but that is a huge difference.

Absolutely shocking umpiring.

Bad round for the umps, that's for sure.

Is the 36-18 count really correct? It was definitely lop-sided when watching it, but was it really *double*???

Is it me, or did Hirdy just spend the whole time watching the game and not taking any action? Whenever they showed him on camera he had his chin on his hands and wasn't doing anything, his assistant coaches were the ones doing the talking.

The only time they showed Hirdy was when the opposition kicked a goal or a terrible ump decision went against us, can't really judge what he did in the box on 15 seconds of footage.

Good game by your mob. Wish you luck in the next few months. You guys will def be up there come september

Rubbish, it was shit, a close game doesn't make a good one. Basically identical to the game last year.

The only time they showed Hirdy was when the opposition kicked a goal or a terrible ump decision went against us, can't really judge what he did in the box on 15 seconds of footage.
Fair enough, just found it unusual that it was his assistants doing all the talking on the headphones and not him.

I agree there were alot of sort ones. But for both teams i think it was the uncalled ones that killed the game eg third quarter swing in momentum and mcglynn got the ball was chopped back down the other way and called for hurley.

But i do feel that there was definitely one for Stanton in the goalsquare. I was amazed that wasn't called.

I agree there were alot of sort ones. But for both teams i think it was the uncalled ones that killed the game eg third quarter swing in momentum and mcglynn got the ball was chopped back down the other way and called for hurley.

Swing in momentum? Jeez, you Swans fans have got some raw nerve. I'll give you that.

How about being vaguely honest, and addressing the much more pronounced "swing in momentum" against a team that's running rampant but then has 24 out of the next 29 frees go against it?

Very convenient, btw, that you should pick two decisions out at random and cite them as inconsistent yet completely forget about a decision given to Goodes in front of goal for the same thing in the previous quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly game to watch. Free kicks aplenty, many soft from both sides.

Our disposal by foot was horrible compared to last week, especially through the middle created turnovers.

Still some old habits like risky hurried disposal and poor decison making from Knights days to iron out.

For this time of year, the ground looked very choppy and shifted underneath players in their respective forward 50s.

Overall though, still an improvement over this time 12 months ago.

Why Hibberd can't get a game puzzles me. Does everything right and is a hard body to match up against a more seasoned Swans outfit.

Umpiring was pretty bad but both teams had some decisions go against them. You should be proud guys, you played very well and out played them for most of the game. It's always tough to win in Sydney.

Unlucky with that bounce in the square and then the free kick not being paid to Stanton.

I look forward to our rd 4 clash, it should be an absolute beauty!

Yes the umpiring was bad...but did the umpires make Ryder miss an absolute dead sitter on the quarter time siren? We kick that, we win. Simple. On a side note Longergan can get lost as he was deplorable today!

Watched the whole game and thought you had it won. The umpiring wasn't hideous for mine but the in the back should have been paid, no doubt. Those decisions can ruin a bloody close tough game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchday - Sydney vs Essendon - ANZ Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back