Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

R15: Bye
R16: GWS Giants (H) - LOSS
R17: Brisbane Lions (A) - LOSS
R18: St Kilda (H) - 50/50
R19: Essendon (A) - LOSS
R20: Hawthorn (H) - 40/60
R21: Geelong (A) - LOSS
R22: Western Bulldogs (H) - LOSS
R23: Port Adelaide (A) - 50/50
R24: Sydney (A) - LOSS
Champion Data Fixture Difficulty Ranking: 3rd Hardest

:embarrassedv1: :sick:

2 x 50/50 games and a maybe at best for rest of season.... Going to be a long grind for us on this board....
Yep. If we lose all or win just 1 more game for the season, Nicks has to go. He just cant survive, and thats the hope i am holding onto. Pack his bags Silvers and GET HIM OUT.

Nicks just confirmed he won't be playing the kids as it won't make us better.

Yeah, keep playing underperforming older players you clown!

Fmd.
The height of stupidity is maintaining the status quo and expecting it change.

lol where? todays presser or radio interview?
Yes, his presser.

They just showed part on channel 7.

He is part of the problem not the solution.

We can't turn this club around whilst he is still senior coach... & just wasting time keeping him around to **** up our club further.

Nicks just confirmed he won't be playing the kids as it won't make us better.

Yeah, keep playing underperforming older players you clown!

Fmd.
Should be sacked on the spot for that comment alone

Yes, his presser.

They just showed part on channel 7.

He is part of the problem not the solution.

We can't turn this club around whilst he is still senior coach... & just wasting time keeping him around to **** up our club further.

Interesting listen to 5AA tonight they were talking about how a coach maybe just can’t get what they need to out of a list - they particularly referenced Craig at Norwood in early-mid 90’s and Crows in 2010’s. Then Rhode comes into Norwood in 1996 and bang in 1997 a flag and Sanderson comes into the Crows in 2012 and they are a kick away from a GF appearance.

Sometimes the actual problem is more obvious than people like to admit - Nicks just isn’t up to it and we will waste another two years with him at the helm.

End of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be sacked on the spot for that comment alone

What is with his belief making stupidly arrogant statements like this is helpful?

Don't back yourself into a corner, don't make definitive statements when there is absolutely need to.

All the answer needs to be here is "We'll look to get more games into the young kids when appropriate," - which is a simple statement with wiggle room.

The arrogance of making these statements he does, is unbelievable.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Nicksy buddy

Shouldn't we wait and make sure we don't finish the season camped in the bottom four before making these declarations?

Not to mention waiting on the outcome of Tim Silver's far-reaching, in depth review?

You do know that we had close losses against top 4 teams last year and injuries destroyed our season.

The most important game to lose is the Showdown. The club won't sack Nicks unless we get flogged in that game. We need a result so bad it causes the everyday fans to turn on the club
We can't do it. Any decision on Nicks will be made by then.
Wait if we win Ken might be sacked. Thats not acceptable either. :devil:

R15: Bye
R16: GWS Giants (H) - LOSS
R17: Brisbane Lions (A) - LOSS
R18: St Kilda (H) - 50/50
R19: Essendon (A) - LOSS
R20: Hawthorn (H) - 40/60
R21: Geelong (A) - LOSS
R22: Western Bulldogs (H) - LOSS
R23: Port Adelaide (A) - 50/50
R24: Sydney (A) - LOSS
Champion Data Fixture Difficulty Ranking: 3rd Hardest

:embarrassedv1: :sick:

2 x 50/50 games and a maybe at best for rest of season.... Going to be a long grind for us on this board....
I can see us losing all apart from the last 2 games, maybe the saints and the Hawks are a chance. Port because they are down, and we seem to have them worked out and will try hard. Sydney, because they will rest their stars after sealing the top position weeks beforehand, the umpire will give us a dubious free kick in the dying seconds to supposedly make up for last years game, and they will not care if they lose. We will win those 2 games and the club will say how well we finished off, and we beat the grand finalist in our last game.

All nicks is good for is a loser mentality. Bit over a 30% winning record any other club would have sacked him by now.

That's pretty inciteful scorpus .....I could have simply looked at the ladder to find that out .....give me your explanation why ....your thoughts

Because COLL and BRIS, the Grand Finalists, also lost the first 3 games of 2024 .....it happens

So does that make us grand finalists too? Or betterer because we list an extra game before winning?

What do you consider appropriate changes .....10 ?

Is it a numerical figure you're getting irritable over ....quantity over quality ?

If you added a Clayton Oliver and Marshall ....that's just two, and is not considered major changes to a list

You and others have a severely limited understanding of comprehension, context, and general footy knowledge ......not a rationale or individual thought to be found

It's a mob mentality .....and mobs are rarely good, nor right

On the basis of your post, suggesting wholesale changes are in fact needed ......by backtracking and saying Oliver and Marshall are significant changes .....you therefore are supporting the POV that if you take 3-4 key players out of a side, thru injury ....that also has a significant impact on a list

You can't support one POV and not the other ......some traps are so easy to setup 🤣

That's fine, I don't expect the average supporter to agree with me .....however, I do reserve the right to have my opinions ....which unsurprisingly are supported by others in the know

You believe we're wasting another 12 months .....however, your assumption is, the next Coach is an absolute guaranteed premiership Coach :padlock: ......how do you have such optimism, when you haven't even got a coach named, and whoever it is, will also be a first time Coach .....so we'll potentially go thru another 3 years settling in period

And of course that also assumes, you believe the list is fine, and it's simply the Coach, who is bad ?

I just figured out who you remind me of. It's been bugging me for a while, but I finally have some understanding of my comprehension.

You're the guy with ponytail for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back