Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of sucks having nothing to look forward to. When the camp thing happened, I had a feeling birdbrain was going to get it at some point. It kept me going. I don't have anything to keep me going now though.
Sadly there is no light at the end of the tunnel until significant changes are made.

Going to impact on crowds as they show a no confidence motion.

Nicks just confirmed he won't be playing the kids as it won't make us better.

Yeah, keep playing underperforming older players you clown!

Fmd.
Explode War GIF by Bombay Softwares

What is with his belief making stupidly arrogant statements like this is helpful?

Don't back yourself into a corner, don't make definitive statements when there is absolutely need to.

All the answer needs to be here is "We'll look to get more games into the young kids when appropriate," - which is a simple statement with wiggle room.

The arrogance of making these statements he does, is unbelievable.
Sadly I suspect it may not be a case of arrogance, but one of just not being very intellectually agile, i.e. Nigel.

Sadly I suspect it may not be a case of arrogance, but one of just not being very intellectually agile, i.e. Nigel.
Clearly we don't IQ test our coaches.

May be a good idea next time...

Nicks just confirmed he won't be playing the kids as it won't make us better.

Yeah, keep playing underperforming older players you clown!

Fmd.
For nicks to make that comment should be sending massive alarm bells off to the football club. What a stupid thing for him to say. This guy can't be coaching us next year.

Nicks: No wholesale changes required at Crows​

Oh No Omg GIF by Apple TV+
Oh My God Omg GIF by NETFLIX
GIF by Blindspot
Sad Head In Hands GIF by Digital Pratik
Fail Oh No GIF by The Great British Bake Off
I hate to say it, but Rowey was bang on with this Stockholm syndrome scenario gem. Rowey FFS! :eekv1:

Nicks goes out to the media saying he's got the board and everyone in the office behind him to guilt them into looking at their bad decision to extend, and they in turn they squeeze him to say that nothing needs to be changed there to protect their own butts. If I go, then you go too (x2). It's like the scorpion and the frog story.. except who is the scorpion and who is the frog?

Last edited:
That's pretty inciteful scorpus .....I could have simply looked at the ladder to find that out .....give me your explanation why ....your thoughts

Because COLL and BRIS, the Grand Finalists, also lost the first 3 games of 2024 .....it happens
Yes but only one coach you proclaimed went ROGUE BONKERS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1719407155002.png

I must admit I am heartened by the number of posters that are picking apart WaynesWorld19 lunacy. But I personally think these are his greatest hits:

Nicks deserves to be re-signed early - morphed to I will reserve judgement until the end of the year
Nicks went rogue bonkers to change our game plan - morphed to “look at our injuries”
Crouch shouldn’t be playing- stop criticising Nicks for the midfield mix
No big deal Nank was made sub for Smith - Smith makes me want to spew
We can’t judge our loss to Richmond, we had a 5 day break and injuries- Richmond also had a 5 day break and injuries and had only won one game and we played at home
Blame injuries, look how they’ve also affected Collingwood- Collingwood sit 4th on the ladder with a worse injury count
I want to see if Nicks can do a Voss- Nicks ain’t doing a Voss so I will forget I raised this

Then when all else fails, hey don’t attack the independent thinker, I’m not a sheep. No you’ve got shit for brains when the rest of us don’t,

Seriously has there been a bigger case of delusional posting since Janus? Hmm

View attachment 2031183

GAME SET MATCH

Might need to add that to my recent post. It’s right up there with calling Nicks out for going rogue bonkers and then ignoring it.

What do you have to say for yourself WaynesWorld19

I must admit I am heartened by the number of posters that are picking apart WaynesWorld19 lunacy. But I personally think these are his greatest hits:

Nicks deserves to be re-signed early - morphed to I will reserve judgement until the end of the year
Nicks went rogue bonkers to change our game plan - morphed to “look at our injuries”
Crouch shouldn’t be playing- stop criticising Nicks for the midfield mix
No big deal Nank was made sub for Smith - Smith makes me want to spew
We can’t judge our loss to Richmond, we had a 5 day break and injuries- Richmond also had a 5 day break and injuries and had only won one game and we played at home
Blame injuries, look how they’ve also affected Collingwood- Collingwood sit 4th on the ladder with a worse injury count
I want to see if Nicks can do a Voss- Nicks ain’t doing a Voss so I will forget I raised this

Then when all else fails, hey don’t attack the independent thinker, I’m not a sheep. No you’ve got shit for brains when the rest of us don’t,

Seriously has there been a bigger case of delusional posting since Janus? Hmm

Waynus is the old bloke in the joke where the missus calls to tell them to be careful because some maniac is driving the wrong way up the freeway.

68D423B6-A8B6-442E-AB15-15CD13CBA9FC.png

View attachment 2031183

Wow!

Just confirms my suspicions that WW is on the club payroll.

Nothing else could explain his insane turnaround in opinion.

Imo, he doesn't even believe what he saying at the moment... which is why he refuse to justify his reasoning... as he has Nix!

So the same excuses in years 1,2,4&5 that’s a lot of excuses and also blames the players.
Zero accountability
It's usually the incompetent who hide from taking accountability.

A competent coach would know what is needed to turn things around & have an actual plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back