Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Out best player completely wiped out, we lose all composure, we lose. In The Big Rivalry Game. We’re all feeling sore. Port is ripping into one of our young players for his antics.

Isn’t it absolutely clear what we need is to the circle the wagons? Make sure everyone inside the club knows we’re united and will look out for each other?

No, let’s publicly humiliate our young player. First an underperforming ‘leader’ can pot him in an interview, and then we’ll drop him.

How dumb can they be?

I think Nicks is way out of his depth.

We all know the kind of employee who doesn’t really know what they’re doing, isn’t really good at actually doing their job, but manages to gradually slide upwards, always reporting to another employee who also doesn’t really know what they’re doing, and likes having similar people around so they won’t be shown up. But they have learned the lingo, they can recite the hollow incantations, and so they survive, but over time the whole thing goes limp. The truly high performing people know their managers are not up to it, and they leave, or eventually they get cynical.

We need a full clean out, again. Or at the very least, one strong-willed, smart, and experienced person who has the power to clear out the dead wood.

History shows that person is not Roo.

And another way to look at this is Rachele’s antics take the pressure off everyone else.

I've never seen a club in recent years want as little to no pressure as possible as the AFC.

The slightest HINT of any pressure (on or off field) and the whole club capitulates and proceeds to make stupid reactionary decisions. The doomed Titan sub took on more pressure before cracking than the AFC.

Losing to a basket case Richmond side at home on Thursday night was the true manifestation of this. Favourites, expected to win and win well, national audience and we completely shat the bed.

Nicks saying at the start of the season "we embrace the expectation"..... Err, NO WE ******* DON'T.

And another way to look at this is Rachele’s antics take the pressure off everyone else.

Another way is, if you can't handle a small increase in pressure bought about by some throw away comments a young player makes ,then this says more about you as a team than it does the young player.

We can't forever rely on teams being complacent about playing us easybeats.

If dumping horse shit at the club is illegal, maybe I could hire an ice cream van and try to get Nicks to eat a poo flavored one

How old are you ?

Try growing up child ....or maybe this is where your social development has stopped

I've never seen a club in recent years want as little to no pressure as possible as the AFC.

The slightest HINT of any pressure (on or off field) and the whole club capitulates and proceeds to make stupid reactionary decisions. The doomed Titan sub took on more pressure before cracking than the AFC.

Losing to a basket case Richmond side at home on Thursday night was the true manifestation of this. Favourites, expected to win and win well, national audience and we completely shat the bed.

Nicks saying at the start of the season "we embrace the expectation"..... Err, NO WE ******* DON'T.
So you don't think this call would raise alot of heat amongst supporters .....this call you think reflects not wanting pressure

I'd suggest this is a pretty tough call, knowing how it would impact Rachele .....nah, there's been no capitulation here ...quite the opposite in fact

Out best player completely wiped out, we lose all composure, we lose. In The Big Rivalry Game. We’re all feeling sore. Port is ripping into one of our young players for his antics.

Isn’t it absolutely clear what we need is to the circle the wagons? Make sure everyone inside the club knows we’re united and will look out for each other?

No, let’s publicly humiliate our young player.
First an underperforming ‘leader’ can pot him in an interview, and then we’ll drop him.

How dumb can they be?
GF 2017 - players shit the bed , internal fighting breaks out and Burton has an idea

Lets have a camp

Yes we have form in this

Mathew Nicks is a very very bad coach.

The only shred of hope is that having a young playing list - the youngsters absolutely hate the treatment Rachele is getting.

Its dumb of me, but I am holding out hope the exit reviews go badly. If Dawson can insert himself in the midfield - can he force Nicks out? We know that Milera, Smith, Laird, ROB, Murphy, Tex aint gonna force a change.

Whats the worst thing is that we are now on par with loser clubs (North, Saints, Essendon) for making stupid decisions and digging ourselves deeper. We could be so much more.

So you don't think this call would raise alot of heat amongst supporters .....this call you think reflects not wanting pressure

I'd suggest this is a pretty tough call, knowing how it would impact Rachele .....nah, there's been no capitulation here ...quite the opposite in fact
The strong decision would be to stand up for one of our own.

Geelong would never do this. Port wouldn't. Hell, Hawthorn have become the biggest over-celebratory flogs in the AFL, and Mitchell stands firmly behind them.

Weak, blame filled culture that does these ludicrous demonstrations of being "strong". I'm sure Rachele is deeply hurt.

Didn't stengle very recently go out on a bender, had to go to hospital and their club still backed him in?

Ffs this club is sh1thouse... It's no wonder they persist with guys like murphy and McHenry...

Yup sure did - the whole "nothing to see here" method seems to have worked well for them.

If you were a player thinking about coming to the Crows - Would this make you think twice about joining now? A club that promotes mediocrity and gifts games to duds, which doesn't back its players up when the media starts to turn and don't get me started on the "leaders" of the club.

Yes, he's got some attitude stuff to work through, but MANAGE it ffs.

The issue isn't Josh Rachele...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would that rub his teammates the wrong way?

If a team mate of mine did that, I'd be pissing myself, then 100% have his back when the opposition came after him.
Absolutely. He's also been one of our best the last six weeks, so if a scrubber or two doesn't like it, they can start focussing on getting a kick.

It is a tough call. Nicks is no stranger to making tough calls. His career has been littered with them.

The issue isn't whether Nicks makes tough calls - the issue is whether he makes good calls or completely idiotic calls that 99% of the football world can see are idiotic.

When it comes to football coaching - the man is a simpleton. I would prefer simple jack from tropic thunder to be our coach in 2025.

Geelong would never do this. Port wouldn't. Hell, Hawthorn have become the biggest over-celebratory flogs in the AFL, and Mitchell stands firmly behind them.

Weak, blame filled culture that does these ludicrous demonstrations of being "strong". I'm sure Rachele is deeply hurt.
He'd be devastated .....but the group is bigger than the individual, and the group has spoke (apparently)

Ginnivan has never done what Rachele did .....his biggest criticism was diving and on-field antics

Absolutely. He's also been one of our best the last six weeks, so if a scrubber or two doesn't like it, they can start focussing on getting a kick.
Oh you mean Dawson and Keys should pull their heads in .....I notice no-one is prepared to have a go at them

Rachele one of our best ....cmon, get off the grass

I think you will find a high correlation between posters who are fine with Rachele being dropped are the same posters who thought Geelong should have dropped Stengle this year after his nightclub incident.

*and for the record - I am posting on the assumption that the rumor of Rachele being dropped is true. Normally I would wait until it is 100% confirmed, but after 5 years of watching this dithering halfwit coach it seems like a move he would make.

It is a tough call. Nicks is no stranger to making tough calls. His career has been littered with them.

The issue isn't whether Nicks makes tough calls - the issue is whether he makes good calls or completely idiotic calls that 99% of the football world can see are idiotic.

When it comes to football coaching - the man is a simpleton. I would prefer simple jack from tropic thunder to be our coach in 2025.
No you don't ....make a reasonable argument ....not emotional clap trap type posts like this

And once again, like all the ex RICH ferrals ....you'll be at the games next year, watching on TV .....supporters are so predictable

Just about every media mouthpiece has suggested we lost our way after the Rankine hit and our leadership group failed to steer us back on course. We had to make a statement, this is what we chose to do.

They’re clearly referring to the absolute crap Laird has been dishing up for weeks
He's not part of the leadership group that made the call ....his views, as well as all his house-mates views would have been canvassed by the leadership group of course

I do agree with Lairds terrible year though

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back