Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This fuxkstick is so many more magnitutes worse than Ken Hinkley its not even funny..

I would so much rather Ken Hinkley coaching the crows than matthew nicks.

Matthew Nicks is the temu version of Ken Hinkley.

There.. I said it.
Well that is actually not an incorrect statement. Hinkley has got his side to finals a number of times. Nicks is yet to get us there. Regardless Port have fallen short time after time, he still gets them there and who knows, they might win it this year (I hope not). Nicks right now looks a million miles away from coaching us to finals let alone a grand final

Think I’m might start a closest to the date “Nicks gets sacked” competition.

Winner gets a bottle of Hentley Farm Clos Otto (2020) from my cellar.

2020 Clos Otto, blech, why don't you offer up something drinkable.

Note that I know nothing about this wine, I'm sure it's magnificent, I just miss Sanders

Well that is actually not an incorrect statement. Hinkley has got his side to finals a number of times. Nicks is yet to get us there. Regardless Port have fallen short time after time, he still gets them there and who knows, they might win it this year (I hope not). Nicks right now looks a million miles away from coaching us to finals let alone a grand final
With dumb luck, Port easily could have landed in a couple of GF's under Hinkley.

Lost to Hawks and Tigers by a straight kick in prelims.

Think I’m might start a closest to the date “Nicks gets sacked” competition.

Winner gets a bottle of Hentley Farm Clos Otto (2020) from my cellar.

A day or so after our last game before the Bye, 2025.

Resetting the poll has gotten rid of all the legacy votes from people who aren't active on the Crows board anymore (or who won't show their faces). The updated results are stark.
Two of the firmly yes votes are Port trolls and someone who has never posted (likely a troll/alias or both).

Paints even more of a picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which area(s) do you think he is great at?
I know you weren't asking me, but can I have a go?

He is great at:
--- deflecting/ bluster/ smoke and mirrors (pick a presser, any presser ...)
--- blaming (players usually)
--- not taking responsibility
--- bewildering selections
--- poor use of sub
--- not reacting on game day to stop goal avalanches against us
--- playing newbies out of position to defer to senior players
--- selecting and deferring to senior players regardless of form
--- not-improving player skills
--- confusing Game Plan and NO-Plan-B
--- being oblivious to a fly sitting/shitting on his noggin while oppositions are shitting on us AND
probably greatest at
--- Murphy-love.

Last edited:
Not only that, the way Hinkley went into bat for JHF (both personally and publicly) and the way he takes the blame when they screw up is the polar opposite to the way Nicks seems to avoid responsibility by blaming others.

Hinkley has some major shortcomings as a coach, but Nicks isn't fit to shine his shoes.

Not only that, the way Hinkley went into bat for JHF (both personally and publicly) and the way he takes the blame when they screw up is the polar opposite to the way Nicks seems to avoid responsibility by blaming others.

Hinkley has some major shortcomings as a coach, but Nicks isn't fit to shine his shoes.
Hinkley has gone into bat for a lot of his players, they genuinely do play and want him.

Its also one of the reasons he hasnt been sacked.

Im not sure the same can be said about Nicks.

Getting rid of Nicks won't fix a damn thing, as much as he sucks and needs to go.

Any new coach might have a short term sugar hit but give it 2-3 years and we'll be back where we started.

It's the club's core philosophies that are wrong.

Aside from when Blight came in we've been basically a pyramid scheme for senior players and officials since day one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back