Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting rid of Nicks won't fix a damn thing, as much as he sucks and needs to go.

Any new coach might have a short term sugar hit but give it 2-3 years and we'll be back where we started.

It's the club's core philosophies that are wrong.

Aside from when Blight came in we've been basically a pyramid scheme for senior players and officials since day one.
That's why I struggle to buy into the hysterical Sack Nicks stuff so much.
It's far deeper.
More band aids and they get to look justified when they sack him and just wheel in the next guy.

That's why I struggle to buy into the hysterical Sack Nicks stuff so much.
It's far deeper.
More band aids and they get to look justified when they sack him and just wheel in the next guy.
You can easily argue that the culture has become worse under Nicks. I didn’t know that was possible at the end of 2019.

The person I quoted thought Nicks has/had done a great job, I was asking them to expand and describe what particular area Nicks is great at.
The 2 posters claiming Nicks is doing a good job have both failed to articulate any reason.

The vibe doesn't cut it!

Any chance this is his last game? Or could be his last game based on contracted wins trigger? And he has gone a little nuclear?

Doubtful I know but stranger things have happened - see Sando - even if that wasnt totally football related..

I'm calling it. Nicks flat out lied when he said Rachele was not dropped for his celebrations/comments around the Port game
I watched him make an even bigger mug of himself on Ch7 News:
Nicks: "I'm here to clarify why we dropped Rachele".

Journos: "Great, why?"

Dickhead: "That's between us and Rachele".

Genuinely interested in why you think Nicks has done a great job, I was onboard in his first couple of seasons to see how he went but it was apparent very early on he has great difficulty with team selection, player roles, game plan and player development.

Which area(s) do you think he is great at?
Spin, waffle and cliches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarify for Nix really = confusion.

Now you can see why the players get confused with the game plan which he keeps clarifying... yet we fail to play the Crows way.

Further, can't stand listening to him... like certain people at meeting I switch off from & look disinterested... & if they talk too much, I tell them to stop & let anyone else speak.

How can he be successful when he is uninspiring & boring to listen to... along with being stupid.

Was this followed by:

Journo: surely you can’t be serious with that response.

Dickhead: yes I am, and don’t call me Shirley.

They would either delist Murphy or make him cry. Hopefully both.
Blighty would
--- get Smith to clean out his locker and thank him for his service. Probably Walker too.
--- delist Murphy, McHenry, Gollant, Hamill (edited), Cook. Maybe O'Brien too.
--- scour the SANFL and Interstate for highly-skilled young talent and play them asap AND back them in.
--- drop underperforming players, regardless of seniority.
--- TEACH the midfield how to play.

Last edited:
Blighty would
--- get Smith to clean out his locker and thank him for his service. Probably Walker too.
--- delist Murphy, McHenry, Gollant, Hately, Cook. Maybe O'Brien too.
--- scour the SANFL and Interstate for highly-skilled young talent and play them asap AND back them in.
Stand on a ladder.

Blighty would
--- delist Murphy, McHenry, Gollant, Hately, Cook. Maybe O'Brien too.
Hately? Might be hard from Essendon's VFL team ;)

I'm calling it. Nicks flat out lied when he said Rachele was not dropped for his celebrations/comments around the Port game
100% correct

It would be because he'd previously been told to pull his head in, then did this.

So Nicks is being devious in that he was dropped for not following directives about "team first" behaviour.

100% correct

It would be because he'd previously been told to pull his head in, then did this.

So Nicks is being devious in that he was dropped for not following directives about "team first" behaviour.

I reckon he didn't anticipate this much fan backlash, so made up an excuse that it was some other reason he was dropped (which he won't reveal)

100% correct

Not team first for wanting more midfield time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back