Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Scott “we have got to be a little bit careful that we don’t assume we do things better than everyone else”.

Matthew Nicks “at no point did anyone question the path that we are on”

Matthew Nicks “success isn’t the absence of failure, it is persistence through failure”

Everything makes sense now

Matthew Nicks “success isn’t the absence of failure, it is persistence through failure”

Everything makes sense now
That one slowed me down a bit - which is probably the purpose of it

Sounds good and you miss the next sentence

The Club must believe that it's the list and the players themselves and the Assistants who are responsible for the nightmare of the last FIVE years. 18th-15th-14th-10th-15th is about everybody but Nicks.
By doing all the above the Club has absolved Nicks and backed him fully.
For the life of me, I cannot see why unless it's to deflect attention/responsibility from the people that gave him 2 more years.
5 years of nightmare is an overkill statement. Yes, we were an absolute shambles in 2020, but understandably with a very young squad. The next 3 years, we had shown a near linear improvement, and that’s all we can really ask of a team who just won their wooden spoon.

The question now becomes, was this season the upper limit of Nicks’ coaching ability or a mere anomaly, and not reflective of recent years’ trend? Is there enough data that will tell us either way for next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back