Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, Roo can * off as a matter of course.

As an aside, often the club seems to move bad people on as slowly as the Commonwealth Public Service do, sometimes never.
Since Roo came onboard the club has gone downhill. Now it's not all his fault but he's been a significant contributing factor. Roo was a great player but he is no administrator. Clearly he needs to realise this himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind it so much if I could see a discernible game plan. Or at least one that could work.

We used to see it through relentless pressure and swarming the contested footy. Now we have gone back to imitating witches hats.

Oh is it the handball at all costs game plan? The one where we have 4 handballs in the forward 50 and then get done HTB? Or the one where we handball it 8 times sideways and backwards and then turn it over on a bad one to the feet?

Come on Nicks, you have a team of young and generally fit players capable of fast play and yet you choose to play slow, predictable footy. Coaching against us must be so easy.

Sack Nicks

I wouldn't mind it so much if I could see a discernible game plan. Or at least one that could work.

We used to see it through relentless pressure and swarming the contested footy. Now we have gone back to imitating witches hats.

Oh is it the handball at all costs game plan? The one where we have 4 handballs in the forward 50 and then get done HTB? Or the one where we handball it 8 times sideways and backwards and then turn it over on a bad one to the feet?

Come on Nicks, you have a team of young and generally fit players capable of fast play and yet you choose to play slow, predictable footy. Coaching against us must be so easy.

Sack Nicks

Well said.

Coaching to defend is not coaching. If I was the one on the board who overseas the coaching department I'd have one simple question for Nicks.

Did we pay Sydney an end of first round draft pick for a lockdown defender or a player on the verge of being an elite goal kicking midfielder?

The fact is, we aren't calling for Nicks head because we are losing. We all understand losses are part of the rebuild. But there is a consistent pattern at the selection table of going small against much bigger opponents, we throw talls in and out of the side on a whim. We have senior players who aren't doing the job. There doesnt seem to be much development. I still dont think they have a clue what to do with fog other than pray he gets better. Honestly, I think we have a decent two thirds of our list sorted for playing talent. But it looks like we have 10 because of the sheer poor state we are playing.

Our game plan is a mess and if there is one you cant see it. I don't understand why we refuse to hit players up on the lead and go for the long kick to the top of the square. Thilthorpe, Walker and Fogarty are all leading forwards. Not one of them is a tall pack mark option.

In the side that played today we had just 3 players play who were over 195cm, while Gold Coast had at least 5.

Nicks is killing all the good work from the review. If he isn't careful, we will have good players walk.

That’s better.

Now as simple rule that even you can follow, don’t make s**t up.

Think you can do that?

Me
That’s better.

Now as simple rule that even you can follow, don’t make s**t up.

Think you can do that?

Me neither, but at least try
Fair point, and I do agree, people should not make things up. However, you do put your opinion on here don’t you? I mean I regularly see you posting opinions, although most are you just putting people down and telling them their wrong.
So Sanders are all your opinions the truth are they?

My biggest knock on Nicks

Rightfully so he calls our execution as our biggest issue

However

He keeps selecting players that either make poor decisions, or they butcher the footy

There comes a time where you just have to change personnel

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app

you'd think it obvious what needs to be fixed. Instead our solution is to double down on the problem and build a strategy based on protecting those weaknesses. It's insane.

Fair point, and I do agree, people should not make things up. However, you do put your opinion on here don’t you? I mean I regularly see you posting opinions, although most are you just putting people down and telling them their wrong.
So Sanders are all your opinions the truth are they?

If you can’t tell the difference between stating facts and opinions, then maybe sit life out.

claiming something that you don’t know, that you can’t know is neither fact nor opinion.

You can’t even claim opinion on something you literally plucked out of your backside.

So we get back to the simple point: what sort of asshat does that?

class dismissed 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back