Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can’t tell the difference between stating facts and opinions, then maybe sit life out.

claiming something that you don’t know, that you can’t know is neither fact nor opinion.

You can’t even claim opinion on something you literally plucked out of your backside.

So we get back to the simple point: what sort of asshat does that?

class dismissed 👍
If you can’t tell the difference between stating facts and opinions, then maybe sit life out.

claiming something that you don’t know, that you can’t know is neither fact nor opinion.

You can’t even claim opinion on something you literally plucked out of your backside.

So we get back to the simple point: what sort of asshat does that?

“If you can’t tell the difference between stating facts and opinions, then maybe sit life out
“If you can’t tell the difference between stating facts and opinions, then maybe sit life out”

Maybe take your own advice, I obviously do not know if it’s Roos fault.
However he is on selection committee so my opinion is that he and the rest of the selectors love Crouch and want him in the side. He is constantly chosen in the midfield rotation at the expense of player development.

Is that pulling something out of my arse to make an opinion? Please tell me, you are an excellent teacher.

All good mate, there isn’t any point in people trying to have a discussion with you as all you do is act like a jerk and put people down.

You should reflect on yourself, it will help you in your own happiness in the future.

What’s bizarre is that you still don’t get it.

All this arguing because you can’t accept that there is anything wrong with just making shit up.

Anyway, we’ve conclusively answered what sort of asshat does that.

Hold up....I humbly apologise. I mistakenly thought our performance was mostly the coaches fault.....according to Nicks...boy was I wrong. Its the players. All the players. Its all here in the press conference.

Hold up....I humbly apologise. I mistakenly thought our performance was mostly the coaches fault.....according to Nicks...boy was I wrong. Its the players. All the players. Its all here in the press conference.

Conveniently ignores his selection of players who burn the ball.

will be interesting how he transitions from mr nice guy when the players are costing him his only crack at being a successful senior coach. They loved Pykie for a fair while too.

will be interesting how he transitions from mr nice guy when the players are costing him his only crack at being a successful senior coach. They loved Pykie for a fair while too.

I think you will find its young player syndrome. Nicks is all they know for a fair majority of the squad. If this year is any indication, I am not sure he is winning the players over. To many question marks on player form for mine, and Nicks needs to be held to account.

Do they really love him or is this fake news?
A few more games like today and he will lose them pretty quick.

There's already moments of frustration/resignation setting in - Rachele giving up on a ground ball, Walker mouthing off after the 50, Dawson cracking the shits, even McHenry gave someone a mouthful (Crouch IIRC) after he kicked it over his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me Nicksy was good at overhauling the culture and making things better to begin but those credits will run out without progress

And some of the decisions he’s making and not making are costing him and the side development

And it’s not all about prioritising experience at selection … we’ve got a young side but it’s more about putting players in their right roles to develop abs developing a sustainable game style

He’s failing in all of that , soon the players will get disgruntled

Do they really love him or is this fake news?

I think first year he was a breath of fresh air and second year excitement to improve. This year, I can not see a single reason why players like him. At least not as a coach. But educating a group of young inexperienced players Nicks is not great takes time. Its only after they wake up after period of time with no success they start to realise that it cant always be the players.

To me Nicksy was good at overhauling the culture and making things better to begin but those credits will run out without progress

And some of the decisions he’s making and not making are costing him and the side development

And it’s not all about prioritising experience at selection … we’ve got a young side but it’s more about putting players in their right roles to develop abs developing a sustainable game style

I bet Dawson is thinking WTF!

A few more games like today and he will lose them pretty quick.

There's already moments of frustration/resignation setting in - Rachele giving up on a ground ball, Walker mouthing off after the 50, Dawson cracking the shits, even McHenry gave someone a mouthful (Crouch IIRC) after he kicked it over his head.

nothing a few pizzas at Nixxies can't fix.

I think you'll find they already are.

Now this isn’t a fact, it’s not even really an opinion, but merely a thought, a speculation

Melbourne is imploding, the back room board shenanigans that went on to cover up Goodwin’s less than squeaky clean antics (he was the same with us as a player) look like they could end with an almighty blow up.

We know Roo has always been a fan, and we also know our board isn’t 200% pleased with our progress

Burgo is here.

Based on nothing more than 2 and 2 is 22, could Goodwin be our new coach in 2023?

He’s a leader, he’s a players man, he’s a winner and he knows football - and unlike most other clubs we know his faults and foibles.

Could he be our new saviour? Should he be?

I say it’s not inconceivable, and I’d say it’s worth the risk. We’ve literally nothing to lose.

Nicks has us on a road to nowhere

Now this isn’t a fact, it’s not even really an opinion, but merely a thought, a speculation

Melbourne is imploding, the back room board shenanigans that went on to cover up Goodwin’s less than squeaky clean antics (he was the same with us as a player) look like they could end with an almighty blow up.

We know Roo has always been a fan, and we also know our board isn’t 200% pleased with our progress

Burgo is here.

Based on nothing more than 2 and 2 is 22, could Goodwin be our new coach in 2023?

He’s a leader, he’s a players man, he’s a winner and he knows football - and unlike most other clubs we know his faults and foibles.

Could he be our new saviour? Should he be?

I say it’s not inconceivable, and I’d say it’s worth the risk. We’ve literally nothing to lose.

Nicks has us on a road to nowhere

But does he want to return to Adelaide and the shitshow?

Agree with this. Selection + not developing players in position has reached beyond tipping point for supporters frustration.

I am willing to cut some slack for Nicks - Our drafting has been horrific so their skills are deplorable for his game plan of over possessing the footy. Being so inaccurate isn't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back